Yule Spell: Enchanted Oil to Help You Stick to Your Goals
It’s Solstice time, and the Winter Solstice is such a magical night! If you don’t believe me, try it yourself—just step out in the still night air this Solstice, close your eyes and cast your senses—you will feel it’s quite a palpable energy of hope and promise permeating the night air. Let it wash over you like a wave.
It’s a great opportunity to take advantage of the abundant energies, and to take advantage of certain ingredients that are pretty common this time of year.
Blessed Winter Solstice!
The Magic of the Solstice
This time of year is also the time of year a lot of people are making plans for the future. During the Winter Solstice, many Pagans take it as a time of ‘going within’. In the autumn, we reflected on the past and the ‘seeds’ we’ve sown, and look at what’s come to the fruition. In the springtime, we start taking action with new plans, or re-committing to old ones. At Solstice, we go within and think about the plans we need to make for the next year.
Not just Pagans do this—many people do the very same thing in the form of New Year’s Resolutions.
Here’s a little spell for enchanted oil to help you with keeping on track with your goals this year.
Spell Casting Ingredients
4 oz olive oil
Olive oil has a long history in magical uses. Olives have often been associated with spiritual goals.
A handful of pine needles
Pine needles have been used in magic that helps people ‘stay the course’ when times are difficult.
3 Poinsettia leaves
The poinsettia helps promote a positive attitude.
8 Cranberries, crushed .
These small fruits banish negative influences
Use Ingredients of the Season!
I have a couple of little cauldrons like this, they are excellent for brews and potions in small amounts.
Making Enchanted Yule Oil
Please note, you don't have to make this on Solstice night-- but it makes a nice activity for the ritual or celebration.
- Cleanse and consecrate all of your items.
- Get a small pot or cauldron. Add the oil and bring it to barely a simmer. You don’t want it to boil as it might burn and get an acrid odor.
- Throw in the items, one at a time, stirring clockwise with a wand or wooden spoon. As you add each ingredient, chant:
As surely as the sun does rise,
As surely as the days grow long,
Help me trod my chosen path,
Resist temptation, keep me strong
- Remove the oil from the heat and let it cool. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it steep overnight.
- Strain the oil through a cheesecloth or coffee filter. Put it in an air-tight container. It will keep for several months in the fridge. To prevent mistakes, label it not for consumption (although none of the ingredients are toxic, so you don’t have to worry much about it; poinsettia leaves can be toxic, but you’d have to eat about a thousand of them for them to even make you sick).
- Scoop out a small amount and let it melt at room temperature, then transfer to a small oil vial. This way you can keep it on hand for when you want to use it. Take your vial and charge it on your altar.
This Is A Great Chant for This Spell:
Magical Oils Come in Handy
Using the Oil
In the coming months, as you attempt to keep on track with your goals, anytime you feel weak or feel you’ve faltered, anoint yourself with the oil on your chest over your heart. Then meditate on strengthening your resolve again and recommit to your goal.
You can also pour a few drops in a bathtub, then take a bath and meditate on your goals.
Another good use of it is if you make a mojo bag or plan to do candle magic for a goal, you can use this as an anointing oil or to dress candles and such.
This should help you stay the course as you work toward bigger and better things in life. Blessed Yule!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.