Real Magic Spells for the Dark Moon: Breaking an Addiction Spell
Real Magick Spells
Magic spells for the dark moon are particularly potent. When it comes to destructive magic, it's even more potent than the full moon. The dark moon energies give a tremendous 'boost' to any workings, so it's an ideal time to tackle a big problem in your life: addiction.
The object of your addiction is irrelevant. Be it drugs, smoking, alcohol, gambling, food, porn, sex, video games, messing around on the Internet, watching television-- most of us are addicted to something, and they're almost always destructive in some way. Addictions are often not only destructive to ourselves, but even affect the people closest to us.
This dark moon spell is simple yet powerful, designed to be cast on a dark/new moon, when the moon is not visible in the sky at night. Ideally, the moon should be in Mars.
If you want to learn more about magical timing by moon phases, read here.
Spell to Break an Addiction
Main Spell Component
What You'll Need
What you need for this spell is quite simple to acquire:
- 1 raw egg in shell (the larger the better)
- 1 black permanent marker
You will also need to be able to go to a crossroads, preferably at night but since the dark moon actually is out in the day time (it's practically invisible, but it's there) you can go at any time during the day as well. Just try to go somewhere private.
It should also be someplace where you can avoid going-- at least for a while.
In addition, it will help to have these ingredients on hand:
- Chamomile tea
- Green apples
- Lemon juice (bottled)
But that's for the aftermath.
This Kind of Crossroad is What You're Looking For:
Preparation for Spell Casting
Find a place to go for this spell so that you can be alone and undisturbed. Outdoors is fine (especially if you're near the crossroads you'll have to go to), but indoors is sufficient for the start of the spell.
All you need at this point is the egg and the marker. Set them aside for now.
If you wish, set the mood: light candles or burn incense.
If you work with a Dark Goddess, such as Hecate, Cailleach, Kali-ma, etc., you may want to invoke her and ask for her aid in your goal.
This Song Helps Me as a Chant:
Casting the Spell
1. Meditate for a while on your addiction. Think about indulging in it, and focus on the pain it causes you. Think about all the things you miss out on because of your addiction-- all the productive things you could have been doing. Think about what you've lost because of this addiction-- money? Time? Friends? Lovers? Think about the guilt you feel, the shame, the remorse, etc., after you've indulged. It's important to mentally bring yourself into your darkest moments with this addiction.
2. When you're ready, grab the egg. As you sit there wallowing in these miserable thoughts, work yourself up to a good cry or scream or moan. Hold the egg against your tears, or against your mouth or throat. Let out some of that emotion, and let the egg absorb it. Say something like:
I exercise you, addictive urges and feelings; I don't want you anymore!
I exercise you and transfer you to this egg; This egg will absorb you and contain you within in this shell, So Mote It Be!
3. Take the marker and write on the egg. Make banishing symbols or just write your feelings. Write "I hate you!" to your addiction. Tell it to F--- off! Tell it you're done with it and won't have it dwelling within you anymore. Just sit there writing for as long as you feel you need to. Heck, color the whole egg black if you want. All the time, imagine that addiction pouring out of you and into the egg.
4. Gather yourself together when you're finished letting out your emotion. Grab the egg and put it someplace safe and cushioned, such as wrapping it in a towel and putting it in a bag.
Do NOT let the egg break just yet!
5. Take your wrapped up egg and head to the crossroads. As you walk there, keep your anger at your addiction in your mind. Walk with purpose until you arrive at the center of the crossroad (it can be dirt or paved).
6. Take the egg out of your pocket and throw it on the ground as hard as you can in the center of the crossroad. Throw it far enough so you don't get any on yourself.
7. Immediately turn your back on it and walk away. Walk away quickly, without turning around to look at it. Just keep moving away from it. As you walk home, think happy thoughts. Visualize your life, free of your addiction. Think of all the other things you want to do.
What About You?
What's your addiction (remember, it's anonymous polling).
Herbal Healing Tea
After spell casting, you should feel tired. A good idea is to come home and make yourself a cup of chamomile tea with green apple. Put 1/4 apple in the cup and let it steep with the tea.
Cut up the rest of the apple. Pour some lemon juice in a small bowl or on a plate (just a splash). Dip or rub the apple's cut side in the lemon and put the apple in a baggie. I like to use a zip-lock bag and suck out all the air so it's packed "airtight". Put it in the fridge.
For the next moon cycle (until the next Dark Moon, which won't be until March), whenever you feel stressed, anxious, or if any residual addiction desires nag at you, make yourself a cup of tea and drink it. Don't think about the object of your addiction; think about good things you can do in your life. Make plans for the future doing things you want to do (realistic things you can actually go out and do this month). Envision yourself doing them, being happy.
Remember, magic spells can help, but it's not going to be instant gratification; the worse your addiction the stronger it's hold on you will be. It's going to take time to wear off-- the spell helps you get over that initial hump and the tea will help see you through, but you have to do your part, too. Meditation and mindfulness are also great practices to help you get through any tough times.
I wish you well in your efforts!