How to Cast a Spell With Your Mind
When I began my journey along the winding witchcraft path, I was enchanted by the tools and ‘pretties’ that casting spells involved. The heady scent of incense burning on charcoal, the sparkle of water in my painted blue chalice, the gathering and preparation of ingredients for the ritual. Writing up the results in my journal. All those things were magical and exciting in themselves. They still are. There’s nothing like building the anticipation than taking your time and creating the right ambiance with the right visuals and other sensory triggers. Yet, these days, more often than not, I find that simple is better. I am more likely to turn to magick if the process is simple. Extremely simple. So simple that I can do it in my head.
The Basics of Mind Magick
It will help you a lot if you understand how this works. I encourage you to read up on the basics of quantum theory. In essence, mind magick relies on the idea that a particle in one place can be mirrored or affected by a particle somewhere else. If you then accept the premise that thoughts are waves, and therefore, particles, they can make change happen in the external world. This is connected to the weirdly amorphous, intertwining Laws of the Universe.
Anyone can do this at any time. What prevents us all wandering around casting spells and causing chaos (though who’s to say it’s not happening?) is our thoughts continually tend to cancel themselves out. “I love that dress. It’s mine.” An example of a thought form which could easily be made manifest with a little work. But, “I can’t afford it yet.” Immediately the positive thought form is canceled out. We do it all the time. Most of the time we don’t even know it. Either our desires are not clear enough because we don’t truly know what to wish for, or we do know but doubt kicks in. All. The. Time.
The Benefits of Mind Spells
The structure of such a spell is straightforward. Once you have the process internalized, you’ll easily be able to work mind spells to improve your situation, make things flow easily for you and add a dimension of enchantment to your life. Make it a habit to perform mind magick and everything becomes so much easier. You can create a beautiful life.
The most obvious benefits of working mind magick is that no one can see you doing it. It’s true that you need to focus on what you are doing, so avoid trying it while you are doing something else, like driving. But if you can grab a few minutes solitude or mental withdrawal, you can work your spell.
It’s good idea to tell you right here, that mind magick doesn’t mean your life will be touched by angels all the time. Stuff happens that is out of your control. You can’t get the world to dance to your tune because other people are working their own magick. You can’t manipulate their deeds and behavior. And sometimes, it really isn’t in your best interest. So my advice is to start with small spells. To make changes that are helpful but not life-changing. Think of using it to smooth out the bumps in the road, rather than attempting to win the Euromillions.
The Basic Structure Of A Mind Spell
There are four essential steps to working magic with your mind. They are:
The first stage, visualize, entails that you create a mind picture of the result you desire. Make it as detailed as possible. In your mind’s eye, see the picture of the desired outcome. Close your eyes if you need to. Eventually you'll be able to do it with your eyes open. You can also use your visualization like a mind movie, seeing yourself, moving from the undesired state to the preferred state. Then hold that preferred picture for a few seconds, or as long as you are able. If you have trouble with visualization, you could use a photograph to help you build up that visualization of your desire. The key is to make yours; place yourself in the photo.
The second stage is feeling. So once you've created the picture in your mind, you have to feel it, you have to experience what it will be like to get that result. And you've got to feel it as though it's already happened. Let that emotion, build up, center it in your solar plexus and let the relief flow through your body. Allow yourself to feel the joy and love and magical emotion of getting the result that you desire.
The third stage is knowing. This is really important. You have to know that this spell is going to work. You have to know the universe is going to deliver what you've asked for. You've got to know it without any doubt whatsoever. This is certainty, absolute certainty that you're going to get the thing that you want.
The fourth and last stage is releasing or letting go. Once you've got the knowing cemented, you've then to let it go. Give it over to the universe to deal with; your job is now done. You don't have to think about it. You don't have to go back to it. You just know that it's done, and you let it go, and allow the universe to deliver the result that you want.
When you first start using mind magick, these four stages will be separate, but as you become more practiced, the process will become as smooth as silk, with each stage morphing gently into the next. You may even find that you can merge the first three into one. The fourth releasing and letting go has to be a conscious choice, so, I’d separate that one out — you can’t be in that moment of certainty and releasing it simultaneously.
The four essential steps to working magic with your mind:
Don’t Forget the Spellcasting Risk Assessment
As with any contemplated magickal working, it’s important to do a risk assessment before you begin. Who will this benefit? Who might be affected? Could this spell cause harm? What about the long term implications? Is this a small change to smooth out one of those life bumps, or could it cause a radical turning point?
It’s important that you run through questions like these before casting spells, and if there are any negative implications change your method. Either don’t do the spell at all, do a different spell, take non-magickal action, or allow the passing of time to take care of the issue. It’s a good idea to have your own personal mental or written checklist.
Cast Your First Mind Spell
Let’s try something simple. A protection spell for yourself. This is a fast mental routine that you could perform as often as you like. As it’s just for you, and is obviously beneficial, there’s no need for a risk assessment.
Take your time. Find a quiet spot. Breathe steadily and slowly.
- Form a picture in your mind of yourself going about your daily life enclosed in a beautiful, shimmering, transparent, protective sphere. This sphere never gets in the way or hampers you at all. Things and people around you pass in and out of it harmlessly. Yet the sphere is like steel when you approach danger or it approaches you. You are always protected. Build up the visualization in your mind. Hold it for a little while; a few seconds, or minutes, if you can manage it. See yourself with this superpower of protection.
- Feel the emotion of security. Of being peacefully taken care of. That any danger will make itself known to you so that you are easily able to avoid it. Feel how relaxed you would be, yet how alert, knowing you have all the time in the world to take action. I know this might be hard to translate into emotion, but do your best.
- Know that your protection is in place. Know that it is real. Know that this works. Don’t doubt it at all. Say to yourself, “I know I am always safe. I know that my reflexes are in perfect order. I know all is well.” Or words to that effect. Whatever works for you. The visualization from stage one and feeling from stage two, may still be with you, and that’s good. Mash them up, it’s fine.
- Now release it. Breathe out. Feel the universe taking over. As though your sphere of protection is guided by a larger force. Let it go. It is done. Don’t think about it anymore.
All that might take less than five minutes. Try it. It’s okay to have your phone to read off the instructions. Run through it a few times so that you could do it anytime, phone or no phone.
That’s your first mind magick spell. Easy, wasn’t it? How about something a little more concrete? A small money spell — after all, we could all use a little extra money.
Spell to Receive Money
Let’s just talk about money for a moment. In most cases, people want money because they want to purchase something. If you are after something specific like a new phone or pair of shoes, then it’s better to work a spell for those things. Often limiting beliefs about ourselves extend to money and how much we think we are worth. When it comes to opening up to receive large amounts, we are our own worst enemy. Therefore, for this practice spell we are going to keep it small. I’ve always found that magicking up small amounts to be as easy as anything, but anytime I try for large sums… well then those pesky doubts start creeping in. The most I have managed was the very specific sum of £2,100 sterling. I asked for that amount, or more, and £2,200 arrived within less than a week.
Okay, so we’re going to magick up $20 (or £20 for me as I am in the UK). Now, you need to know that this money can come from anywhere, but the point is that is has to be extra money; not wages from your job or your regular allowance. Neither are you allowed to ask someone for it. You might, however, be inspired to sell an item or to run some errands and be given a tip. Magick usually presents itself as quite mundane, so be prepared to take whatever action opportunity presents to you.
So, here we go… take your time. Find a quiet spot. Breathe steadily and slowly.
- Visualize a $20 bill. It might be new and crisp, or old and wrinkled. Whichever seems more real to you. See yourself turning it over in your hands. Imagine yourself saying thanks for it. Visualize placing it in your wallet or back pocket. Make it as real and solid as you can.
- Feel the emotion of receiving this money. As you’ve worked magick to receive it, you might feel pleasantly surprised. This thing worked, how cool is that? Here’s my $20. Amazing. I’m thrilled. I can’t wait to do this again. Ramp that up as much as you like. Imagine being able to turn this magical tap on and money arriving in your reality. What kind of emotion could you attach to it?
- Know that the $20 is already headed your way. It’s yours. It’s in your hand. Be in no doubt that it is already in your possession. Say, “I know $20 is mine.” Know it. It’s only $20 so you can do this with no trouble. Mash the visual, with the emotion, with the knowing. The more you can put into all this, the better and faster your spells will work.
- Now release. Mentally hand this off to the universe. It’s no longer your job to think about it. It’s done. Go about your day. Don’t think about the spell too much. If it pops into your head, just wave the thought away.
All you have to do now, is be ready to say yes to those small opportunities. If someone offers you money, then accept it gratefully. Keep your eyes open for dropped cash on the sidewalk. And don’t forget to check your pockets before putting your clothes in the laundry. Remind yourself, "Money can come from anywhere."
How Often Should You Repeat a Mind Magick Spell?
As often as you like, is the answer. Having said that, you have to be careful. It’s fine to repeat protection spells and even money spells, but if you keep repeating the same spell for something—let’s say a particular job or similar—you might find you are over-saturating it. You’ve already handed the task to the universe, so let the magical energy do its thing. Repeating a spell because it hasn’t yet produced results could keep it away from you because you are messing with the magick.
I’d love to know how you get on with this technique. Do you find any part of the process difficult? What results have you had? Please leave a question or a comment and I’ll do my best to reply.
Are you going to try a mind magick spell?
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2020 Bev G