How to Cast a Money-Making Spell and Create a Charm Bag
Channeling the Proper Energy for the Free Money Spell
Ah, money spells. They are second only to love spells as the most sought-after conjurations on the internet. Unsurprisingly, they are also among the most frustrating of spells. People cast money spells and expect gold to fall from the sky. Often, they automatically assume that they’re going to catch some big break. That's like a lawyer showing up to inform you that some long-lost uncle died and left you a fortune. Eventually, exasperation will set in when the desired results are not realized. It’s not that money spells don’t work—it’s just that most people go about manifesting their desires the wrong way.
The best money spells don’t involve big windfalls out of nowhere; they involve increasing your earning potential. This is because magic requires a channel. If you’re casting money spells without there being a direct channel, you’re just throwing energy out like confetti where it will weaken and scatter.
Detailed below is a money spell to help boost your earning potential in whatever business or venture you are currently involved in. The contents of this article are as follows:
- What Is a Charm Bag?
- Required Materials for Assembling Your Charm Bag
- Mental Preparation for Casting Your Spell
- How to Create Your Charm Bag
- Recommended Money Chants
Timing the Spell With Abundance
What Is a Charm Bag?
A charm bag is a small bag or pouch filled with items charmed for a specific intent. The bag is ‘enchanted’ by either singing, chanting or praying. The items are purposed to work together harmoniously to attract the owner's yearnings. It is essential that the charm bag be within grasp throughout the day. They are commonly either worn around the neck or carried in pockets or purses. Some people even sleep with them under their pillows. Business owners might hang them over the door of their business or tuck it into the register. It is essential to rub the charm bag occasionally while thinking about bolstering revenue.
The more components and energy you’re able to put into your charm bag, the more powerful it becomes. Next, we will explore the materials required for assembling your charm bag before moving into the timing of the spell.
Required Materials for Your Charm Bag
Money-drawing and success incense include: cinnamon, cedar, orange blossom, etc.
Small bowl of salt
Small bowl of water
I prefer High John the Conqueror for this charm bag, but any money or success-related oils will do.
I like vervain, patchouli and cloves. You can use any money-drawing herbs: mint, basil, cinnamon, money plants, etc.
Citrine is the ideal stone for this kind of charm because it promotes success and abundance in business. If you’re a gambler, you’d be better going with green aventurine. Moss agate, lodestone, malachite, bloodstone—any stone for attracting wealth and success will do.
Nail and hair clippings
Must belong to the person who the charm bag is for.
A coin with the owner's year of birth imprinted on it
Coins containing both nickel AND copper are ideal for this charm bag. Using a nickel, dime, quarter or 50-cent piece will do. Avoid pennies because they lack nickel.
Something to represent your work or business
A writer may include a miniature pencil; someone involved in the computer industry might use a microchip; a clothing store salesperson might include a piece of fabric. You could also use a small picture or even the name of your business written on a piece of paper.
Brown marker or paint pen
Small, green pouch or green swatch of fabric
Flannel and felt are good choices. Choose something that doesn’t unravel.
String, yarn, or the like
Mental Preparation for Casting the Money Spell
Note: You do not need to cast a circle or hold a full-blown ritual to do this spell, though you can if you want to.
If you're not familiar with cleansing, consecrating and charging, you should probably review how to do those things first.
- Cleanse all your components and supplies before you begin. Lay them out on your altar or work space. Light your red candle, burn your incense, and set out your water and salt bowls. If you’re using a pentagram, set it before you. I like to place items on it when charging them. Set the other components aside.
- Ground and center yourself. Don’t try to clear your mind (that’s terrible advice even though many people will give it). Instead, bring your awareness to your breathing. Take a few cleansing breaths in and out. I like to ground myself by envisioning a taproot growing out of my spine and going down deep into the Earth’s core, and branches growing out of the top of my head reaching up into the universe.
- Meditate on yourself having money. I can’t stress this enough—you should visualize yourself as already having it. Do not visualize yourself wanting or thinking about money. You need to visualize yourself as you would be after the spell actually took effect.
- Focus on the details. Envision how good it feels to have money, to pay off your bills, and to spend some money on yourself. Consider the following:
- What does it taste like? (Lobster with butter? steak? chocolate truffles?)
- How does it feel? (Silk sheets? Cashmere sweaters?)
- What does it sound like? (Jingling coins? The 'cha-ching' of a cash register?)
- What do you smell?(French perfume? New car smell?)
How to Make the Charm Bag for Your Money Spell
Note: You can raise your energy by chanting during any of these actions. Use one of the money spell chants listed above, a different one you know, or make up your own.
- Take your pouch or fabric and write the sacred rune 'FEHU' on top of it. If you’re using a swatch of fabric, turn it so the letters can be written on the outside of the pouch. Gaze upon the earthly brown and green colors. Keep in mind that they symbolize fertility and abundance. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Hold your herbs in your palms and gaze upon them. Run your fingers through them, breathing in their aroma (be sure not to inhale the actual herbs!). Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place them in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Pick up your crystal. Know that it came from deep inside the earth. Realize that it carries the earth’s energies that fulfill our material needs. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Look at the item that represents your business and your efforts. Know that in your hand, you possess the tools you need to channel more money into your life. You are a capable person who can put your skills to work; as you improve, so will your finances. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Look at the coin with the year of your birth. You were born to be as prosperous as you wish. The metals in this coin are attractive and draw energy to you. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Add your nail clippings and/or hair. These parts of yourself bind you to your spell. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
- Tie up the pouch. Consecrate it with the elements by first running it through the incense smoke and sprinkling it with salt. Then run it over the flame (don’t let it catch), and sprinkle it with water.
- To charge the bag, anoint it with the oil representing the fifth element—Spirit.
- Pick it up in your cupped palms and breathe into it, releasing all the energy you’ve raised. It is done.
- Carry your bag with you whenever you work or take part in money-making activities. When you feel as though you need a boost, give it a rub.
Recommended Chants for Casting a Spell
How you raise energy for your spell is a personal choice, and my decision was very off the cuff. Try if you can to imagine me bouncing around, raising energy from a little production of "Cabaret" with a fellow show-tune-loving friend from my coven. Laugh if you will, but the ritual raised some powerful energy. The key is to raise energy with something you can put your feeling into! Listed below are a few chants that you may be able to employ:
Money Chant #1
(from Disney’s Pete’s Dragon)
Can’t you hear that jingle-jangle sound?
It’s money money money by the pound.
Money Chant #2
Money, money come to me
As I will so mote it be!
Money Chant #3
My rightful fortune I do seek
Line my pockets, full and deep
As I work and as I yearn
Collecting every cent I earn
I Used This Song Once
Timing the Spell With Abundance
The ideal moon phase for casting this spell is a waxing crescent to a full moon. Astrologers believe these phases present the timetable for bringing abundance.
Ideally, if you're looking at moon phases, go with the moon in Taurus. The planetary hour of Taurus is also a good choice. Taurus is an earth sign that's all about material goods and prosperity—not fast cash, but long-term, steady improvements.
Have You Ever Cast a Money Spell Before?
Have you ever cast a money spell before?
© 2014 Mackenzie Sage Wright