Soraya has been a natural witch for many years, and she has written 15 books in the Wiccan self-help genre, including a Book of Spells.
Basic Rules of Magick
Some people use lists and write down their goals, and others use mind maps to plan ahead. Witches, however, use everything in their power to create the best possible outcome of any goal or situation while still always remembering the basic rules:
- Whatever a witch puts out comes back, therefore all intentions must be for the highest good.
- Never try to change another's destiny or force your will upon another person.
But How Do I Cast a Spell?
Magick exists in the very core of our being. When we want or need something to be, to happen, or to change, we feel it in our core. For those of you who practice martial arts, or are aware of your chakras, you will know this area as your Solar Plexus.
If you have ever wanted something, you feel it first in your Solar Plexus. Then:
- You desire it in your heart, yes, there is the heart chakra.
- You think about it in your head, which is where your crown chakra is located.
- You visualise it in your mind using your third-eye chakra, which is situated between your eyebrows.
- You share your desire with a loved one by speaking of it using your throat chakra, which governs your ears, mouth, and nose.
Chakras are spiritual energy sources, like little battery packs, situated in a straight line through the middle of our body, connected from infinity above to infinity below. They are also connected to the meridians, the central nervous system, and the vital organs. When chakras are active, they spin and radiate bright colours, and these are apparent in our aura and appearance. You will know what I mean when you recognise that someone looks sad, happy, or bright. Be aware of your chakras and the connection that runs through you from infinity above to infinity below and you will empower your Magick.
Now, with that little bit extra knowledge, that little touch of Magick can become your reality. You can make it so by adding other elements.
Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Your First Spell
Think of this as preparing for a special event.
Read More From Exemplore
- Lay out some candles, one will do, but ideally you will have five. Set out the candles to the East (air), South (fire), West (water), and North (earth), and one that will be in the centre.
- Sit comfortably in front of the centre candle and focus your attention on the flame while you breathe slowly and steadily, allowing your mind to clear.
- Think about what it is that you want (crown chakra).
- Visualise what you want (third-eye chakra).
- Feel what you want (heart chakra).
- Recite an appropriate verse (throat chakra). For example:
*Three being the Goddess in her forms of The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone.
- Now, write your wish on a piece of paper. You are using the element of earth from the paper and pen or pencil. Focus on the wish as you repeat your verse three times and then touch the paper to the flame of the centre candle.
- Allow the paper to burn through on a fireproof dish. You are using the elements of air, smoke from the burning paper, and the element of fire from the flame. You are the element of water which runs through the blood in your veins.
- You can finish by thanking the Goddesses, but do not blow out your candles—just pinch them or snuff them out to keep your spell strong rather than blowing it away.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2017 Soraya
gamergirl08050 on November 02, 2019:
is it true though?
Katiewitch on February 09, 2018:
Soraya (author) from South Ayrshire on January 01, 2018:
NEVER EVER CAST A SPELL TO FORCE SOMEONE TO YOUR WILL - if you do it will be at your peril. )O(