Things That Attract Demons and Signs Your Home is Haunted
Hauntings are Terrifying When...
For those who believe, ghosts can be an intriguing aspect of the paranormal world. They can also be a terrifying aspect of the natural world...specifically for those who might have to live in the same place as a ghost. Sometimes ghostly hauntings are so intense they make believers out of non-believers. Sometimes they are so faint that even the most adept and in-tune psychic can't pick up on their energy waves. And sometimes the hauntings go beyond a "normal" ghost haunting a building...sometimes they can escalate...sometimes they become violent and can down-right harm the people dealing with them.
In these extreme cases we have to look at the other possibilities. Sometimes these hauntings are what is called a "demonic haunting" or "attachment". No matter your definition of a demon, one thing is for certain - demons are negative spirits or energy of some kind that can manifest themselves in harmful and terrifying ways. Some of these "demons" are even bent on destroying the positive aspects of life around them - love, happiness, and human life in general. So no matter where the demons come from or what a person's belief may say about them, the point is to eradicate a demonic haunting as soon as it is recognized. Why? Because demonic hauntings can go beyond just a "haunting" and cross the proverbial veil into attachments and even possession of human beings.
The first step in removing a demon from a particular place such as a home or workplace is to recognize the signs of a demonic haunting.
Signs It's a Demonic Haunting
When demonic hauntings first begin in a home or place of human interaction, the signs can be subtle and may mimic your average, run-of-the-mill ghostly haunting. You might experience one or more of the following:
- strange sounds: footsteps, doors opening and closing, whispers, faint screams or moaning, white noise electronic interference.
- strange sights: shadows in your peripheral vision, flickering lights and electronics, objects seeming to switch places/positions when your back is turned, figures in the dark, etc.
- strange feelings: a feeling of being watched, a feeling that something is "wrong", feeling like someone has been in your house or building, wafts of unexplained cold air, goosebumps, feeling of being touched by an invisible hand
- strange smells: perfume, food smells, sulfur, and bad odors.
As the demon gains energy and begins to manifest more easily, the signs of a demonic haunting will increase and intensify. You might begin to experience these things:
- all of the signs mentioned above will intensify and increase plus...
- recurrent nightmares - on a weekly or nightly basis depending upon the severity
- phantom-mania - a feeling of being held down in bed and then upon waking discovering unexplained bruises or scratches on one's body
- a general feeling of discomfort or dread - never being able to fully settle down in one's own home or environment
- negativity between family members or friends will increase and lead to arguments, fights, and general discord.
- a spirit will begin to show itself to a member of the home or environment - often these demons center their focus on one particular person and this can sometimes be a child. They will appear to a child often as a nice entity. If an otherwise normal child becomes withdrawn and has an "imaginary friend", this is a BIG sign.
- religious objects will be destroyed or inexplicably lost - i.e. crucifix, bible, rosaries, etc.
- entire homes or rooms are ransacked though nothing has been taken
- writing on walls or other places in the building
Signs will differ depending on the severity of the haunting, and depending on the type of demon that has attached itself to the household or property. Keeping a log or journal of all of the experiences will possibly help in identifying the type of haunting you have.
Signs It's Gone Beyond a "Haunting"...(Attachment and Possession)
Unfortunately and quite often when there is a demon haunting a home or building of some sort, these hauntings can be fueled by the people around them. It is a vicious cycle in that the demon brings with it negativity that feeds into the people's energies and minds, while in turn the negativity that emanates from these people feed the demon more energy. Because of this cycle, the demonic haunting can go from a haunting to an attachment and sometimes it can even turn into a full blown possession. This depends on whether or not the demon is able to influence one particular person...and sometimes more than one person.
You will know when it has gone beyond a haunting of a home/building into something more powerful and more dangerous by noticing some or more of the following signs with at least one person in your household:
- Withdrawal: the person under influence of this demon might start to pull away from his/her family in a social as well as physical aspect. The person becomes withdrawn and is less wont to speak to family members about things they might have before.
- Anger/Resentment: the person might show out-of-nowhere signs of emotional intensity, usually in the form of anger towards his/her family. They might also express resentment towards others that might not have been there before.
- Lack of Interest in Once-Loved Activities: the person under influence will also withdraw themselves from regular activities that he/she once enjoyed - i.e. hobbies, academics, family quality time, etc.
- Recurrent Nightmares and Night Terrors: the person under influence will experience recurrent nightmares of the same nature; often these are accompanied by "night terrors" in that the person is scared of the dark and may be found screaming upon waking.
- Unexplained Marks on the Body: the person under influence might have scratch marks, bite marks, and bruises on his/her body in places that he/she could not inflict upon him/herself.
- Interest in the Occult/Black Magic: he/she might have taken a random interest in the Occult, particularly in necromancy or black magic.
- Unexplained Illness and Weakness: he/she might become inexplicably ill and/or visibly weak of body and mind. Signs and symptoms of this might include: weight loss, hair loss, change in skin tone, loss of appetite, vomiting, loss of energy, etc.
When has it gone from a haunting to an attachment and then further progressed into a full-blown possession? I expect you will know when it is full-blown possession. The person will no longer be him/herself in any regard. The voice will change, the person will throw fits of a supernatural power, etc. Now's the time to call a priest or someone who is deemed able to handle such a dangerous and dark situation.
Just remember: you can stop it from progressing! Do not feed into negativity in the household or otherwise, and get the person help when you see the first signs...do not wait until it gets worse and worse!
Things That Attract Demons and Demonic Hauntings
So let's answer the question: what is a demon? A demon in the most simplest explanation is a negative spirit or entity that has never lived a human existence. This doesn't mean they haven't tried. Putting aside any religious thoughts on the matter, we can simply agree that these beings do exist on some level of our world. And unfortunately, they are often attracted to certain places and people for certain reasons.
Things that Attract Demons to a Place:
- Murder/Suicide: any form of violent death that has occurred in a particular place will generate enough negative energy to possibly attract negative beings.
- Black Magic: any place that has been used in black magic rituals of any kind has the ability to open a door for negative beings to come through...and potentially linger. If a group of people participated in these rituals, this is even more of a magnet for demonic entities.
- Multiple Deaths: any place that has seen multiple deaths in various forms can attract demonic hauntings. Remember, negative entities feed off of negativity.
- Recurrent Negativity: any place where negative people dwell, if the negativity is strong enough and lasts long enough, can generate enough energy to get the attention of negative entities.
Things That Attract Demons to People:
- Dabbling in the Occult: sometimes simply dabbling in the Occult without protecting oneself or knowing what one is doing will attract a demon. I.E. playing with a ouija board, tarot cards, pendulums.
- Performing Black Magic: not just dabbling in the Occult, but actually diving head first into the world of black magic most definitely will open a portal for negative things to come through. Particularly if you are performing rituals with a group.
- Obsession with Death: a person who obsesses over death might be wont to attract a demon. I.E. traipsing around a cemetery, performing a séance, visiting haunted places, researching death and murder scenes, etc.
- Depression/Anxiety: people who are deeply depressed have a low/weak aura about them, and in this way can attract more negativity including negative entities like demons.
- Drug Use/Abuse: a person who uses drugs on a regular basis open themselves up to demonic attachment. Why is this? Because drugs deplete your physical, mental, and spiritual energy leaving you weak enough to allow lower level entities to feed on your energy (or what's left of it).
© 2015 Author Nicole Canfield
More by this Author
Looking to our ancestors for answers is not as silly as it may seem. Learn how you can connect with your recent and ancient ancestors in simple yet effective ways. Connect with passed pets too.
The beaches in Florida are some of the top most beautiful in the entire world and with good reason. But there is a darker side to Florida that most are not aware of...learn about the most haunted.
Shadow people are said to usually appear in a person's peripheral vision, darting away upon being seen; however, there are rare circumstances when people have come face to face with the shadow people. They are also...