Clairsentient Traits: The Signs of Clear Feeling
How often have you said, “I don’t know how I knew, I just felt it..."?
Almost everyone experiences that odd, clear feeling at one time or another. You look at someone and you know, without doubt, they are lying. Or you always feel disturbed when a certain personality appears on TV. Or perhaps you hate walking into the heavy-feeling ambiance of a particular office, but love the light, restorative atmosphere in your best friend’s grandmother’s home. It’s very likely you feel those things so clearly because you are clairsentient.
What Is Clairsentience?
Clairsentience is on the spectrum of psychic abilities. It is sometimes called ‘clear feeling’ or ‘clear sensing’. Often used interchangeably with claircognizance; ‘clear knowing’, it is the perception of information beyond that which you can physically see or hear.
It differs from clairvoyance and clairaudience in that it is based on feelings, both at an emotional and physical level.
People who experience clairsentience are affected by a myriad of different influences, but it all comes down to being sensitive to changes in energy. These energy changes may be connected to human emotions, or they might be caused by some imperceptible atmospheric disturbance. In other words, the clairsentient is somewhat akin to a human barometer. It may happen all the time, or just occasionally. The more you recognize its occurrence, the more likely it will happen.
Empaths, those who experience other people’s emotions, may well be clairsentient, or will become clairsentient over time.
How Clear Sensing Manifests in Daily Life
There are some jobs, professions, and situations where clairsentience is a great advantage. Think of any skill which is enhanced by instinct. Examples are:
- Medical doctors who seem to have an uncanny ability to home in on the problem.
- Likewise, spiritual healers who use their hands to feel the anomalies in someone’s energy field.
- A detective whose ability to read people is well-developed.
- Teachers who suspect what is going on in a child’s life without being told.
- A parent who is in-tune with their baby’s needs.
- A professional driver who has the gut feeling that he must avoid driving too close to that van, which suddenly swerves into the wrong lane.
- A counselor or advisor who knows when to remain silent and when to encourage their client to share.
- Writers, artists, songwriters, poets and creative individuals sometimes feel their work flows through them instead of from them.
Signs You May Be Clairsentient
- You were told, as a child, that you were ‘over-sensitive’.
- You may feel overwhelmed by crowds and noise.
- You sense the atmosphere of buildings, including homes and places of work.
- You know things without being told.
- You have heightened perception; you easily read between the lines when in conversations.
- You sense undercurrents of emotion and seem to be able to intuit information from them.
- You are empathic to the suffering of other people to the extent that their emotional and even physical pain affects you deeply.
- Your intuition is becoming more than just a vague feeling.
- You make emotional connections with certain people.
- Your ‘knowing’ sometimes manifests as a physical sensation.
- You are able to instantly form an impression about someone you just met.
- Places and people that emanate ‘dark’ energy cause you to feel nauseous, dizzy or deeply uncomfortable.
- You experience physical signs, such as tingling anywhere in your body. When you remove yourself from the source, it stops.
Are you clairsentient?
When Clear Feeling Feels Bad
Occasionally, clairsentience seems to be a burden, not a gift. Some clairsentients sink into drug or alcohol abuse in the hope they can numb the sensations. Others withdraw into depression. Sometimes the constant bombardment of external energy drains and exhausts those who are sensitive. If this is you, then you must find techniques and methods of combating or managing clairsentience. It gets easier as you get older. When you learn where it’s coming from, you are able to either deal with it or shield yourself from it.
Despite how you might feel about it now, it really is a gift, and once you start believing in it, you will feel better. Nothing is going to hurt you; you are like a radio picking up a signal. When your radio picks up bad news, it doesn’t explode, does it? Instead of trying to avoid, or suppress, or deny the gift of clairsentience, continually ask the universe how you can use it for good.
How to Cope With Clairsentience
Sensitivity at this level is sometimes mistaken for mental health problems. It is, of course, important to seek professional advice if you suspect you may have a mental health issue. Meanwhile, you might want to consider that what you think is in your head is actually sensitivity to what is happening around you. Try any or all of the following:
- Talk to others with similar experiences
- Express your feelings creatively
- Meditate or listen to music
- Use your gifts to help others
- Channel your clairsentience into work you enjoy.
- Read as much as you can about the phenomenon--this book by Kevin Hunter addresses many of the concerns you are probably feeling.
“Many evolved souls are ultra-sensitive to the point that they feel every nuance around them and therefore find it challenging to be around people except for a select chosen few…”
Try to discern if you are affected by others by paying attention to changes in atmosphere and energy levels when you come into contact with other people. Does your mood lift or sink? Do you experience physical sensations? Do seemingly random thoughts about the other person occur to you?
Be aware that no-one will experience or feel what you are feeling. Clairsentience varies from person to person. It manifests in different ways. Yet there are many people who can confirm similar episodes, so it makes sense to seek out other clairsentients either locally or in online forums.
Reach out and share your gift. I'd love to hear how your life is affected or enhanced by clairsentience. Are you glad to have it? Have you helped people using your ability? Leave a comment below.