Three Short Crystal Meditations to Improve Relationships
Civilisations all over the world have understood and worked with the powers of crystals for thousands of years. These beneficial stones can be used to enhance any area of life and many are well suited to love and other matters of the heart. Crystal healing is a safe and natural therapy that can be used by people of all ages and alongside other alternative or conventional therapies and medications. Crystal healing is a highly versatile therapy that can be used in many ways. Some examples include wearing crystals in jewellery or carrying them in a pocket or bag. They can also be used in meditation, chakra balancing and massage or combined with other therapies such as reiki healing.
When looking to enhance our love lives or improve our relationships, crystals can be used in many ways. They can be used in helping us heal from past hurts and bad experiences or to overcome present difficulties that remain as a result. Crystals can help create an atmosphere of harmony and joy in your home, increase trust and honesty, or aid in relaxation, self-love, patience and passion. If you are struggling to let go of past experiences or relationships or find yourself attracted to the wrong people, crystals can be used to help you gain insight and support you in making any needed changes for the better. The colours pink and green are associated with the heart chakra, so it is often crystals of these colours that are utilised when working with love and relationships.
Three Crystals for Love and Relationships
Obtaining and Preparing Your Crystals
In recent years, crystals and crystal healing have been gaining in popularity; this means that stones can be found in a greater range of places. You may wish to buy your crystals from healing or metaphysical shops as these may have the most varied selections, especially when it comes to rarer varieties or specific formations. Geological shops may also have a good range of stones but may stock fewer smooth and polished crystals—also known as tumble stones. Crystals bought from these shops will not necessarily always be better than those bought elsewhere, so it is worth bearing this in mind when choosing your stones. If you are planning to use crystal jewellery, you may find it harder to find some types of crystal though artisan sites such as Etsy or Folksy. Fortunately, Made By Hand is a site that can often help you find a specific crystal in a piece of jewellery or an artist who can create a custom piece for you. Crystals can also be bought online. Some people feel that you are more likely to buy fake crystals when buying online but fake stones can really be found both online and in physical shops. To be safe, aim to buy from a reputable shop—check out reviews or feedback wherever possible. It is also a good idea to ask for recommendations from friends or in relevant groups.
Before use, ensure that your crystals have been cleansed to remove any stagnant or negative energy they may have accumulated on their journey. This can be done in various ways, including placing them in the moonlight overnight, holding them under running water or using sound or smoke. Care should be taken when placing crystals in water as some varieties can be damaged this way.
Rhodochrosite is a fairly common banded pink stone. It is a useful crystal for healing emotional issues that are holding you back from love or committing to relationships. This crystal is a good choice for helping you to forgive those who have hurt you in the past, to find a soulmate and to increase self-acceptance. By working with rhodochrosite, you may find yourself more able to take chances in life and feel you can take new routes to gain all you desire. Rhodochrosite is linked to the heart chakra where it can help to remove any blockages and open your heart to finding new love.
This crystal is great for increasing confidence and in helping you believe in your strength and abilities. It has a loving and compassionate energy that reminds us to keep compassion in our own hearts. Rhodochrosite can help us in recognising when people are showing us love without directly saying ‘I love you’ or showering us with physical affection. Often people show their love, admiration and respect for us more than we realise—sometimes it is just that their methods of showing love differ from our own or what we have become used too. This can lead to difficulties in relationships such as feeling neglected or unappreciated.
Rhodochrosite Meditation for Releasing Painful Memories
This simple visualisation exercise can be used to aid in releasing painful memories associated with love or past relationships. These memories may have made you afraid of loving again or make it hard for you to believe that anyone truly loves you for who you are. You will need to set aside around 15 minutes in a quiet and comfortable space to complete this exercise.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Rhodochrosite Meditation
- Lie down or sit somewhere you will not be disturbed.
- Take slow, deep breaths in and out to help you relax and focus.
- Close your eyes and place the Rhodochrosite over your heart chakra (located in the centre of the chest at the level of the heart).
- Direct your thoughts to the event or time in question, visualising what happened and how it made you feel. Although this step may feel painful, do not skip it as it is important to the releasing process.
- Visualise these feelings flowing from within you and creating a ball in the palm of your hand. Channel all of your hurt, anger and any other painful feelings around this matter into the ball, allowing them to be replaced with clean, white energy.
- Once you feel ready, throw the ball into the sky and watch as it floats away taking all of those feelings far away from you. Watch the ball as it disappears from sight and your life. Take some quiet time now to simply breathe and relax.
- Once you feel ready, open your eyes and bring your awareness back to your surroundings.
- Carry on with your day once you feel ready.
This stone has a calming energy and is associated with the element of water making it an excellent emotional balancer. It is said to help bring peace and acceptance to your life after suffering heartbreak. Chrysocolla may help to heal the heart chakra and release any pain that is held there from past emotional hurts. This can help you leave the past behind and can aid in opening up your heart to love again. This can be a beneficial stone for anyone who finds themselves confused by their emotional responses or the emotions of others. It is believed to promote strength when your emotions feel overwhelming or like they are keeping you from thinking clearly. Chrysocolla is believed by many to be a great stone for supporting communication skills, particularly in emotionally charged situations or after stressful events including breakups or job loss.
Using Chrysocolla to Help in Releasing a Past Love
At times, even if a relationship or love affair has long been over, it can be hard to completely let it go or feel able to look for new love and experiences. Emotional ties to another person can be so strong that they will remain unless you take positive action to remove them—Chrysocolla can be used in facilitating this. Sometimes these ties can remain even when we purposefully chose to end the relationship or even if we logically know we don’t want to return to the person. Emotional ties to past partners can be broken using visualisation techniques sometimes known as cord-cutting. In order to carry out this exercise, you will need a comfortable place to sit or lie down and around ten minutes of undisturbed time. This exercise can be used regardless of why the relationship ended and which of you took that step.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Chrysocolla Meditation
- Sit or lie down and pay attention to your breathing, taking slow deep breaths in and out. You can hold your Chrysocolla crystal in your hand or place it over your heart chakra if you prefer.
- Visualise yourself and ex-partner at a happy time in your relationship. This may be a specific event or day or little things they used to do that made you happy. Hold these thoughts and feelings in your mind. Remind yourself that was a great time but that this time has now passed.
- Turn your thoughts to the situation that led to the two of you separating and how this made you feel. It is okay if you feel emotional and even cry—it may hurt but can help in releasing the emotions and pain around the issue.
- Now see you and your ex-partner standing several feet apart with golden threads connecting your hearts. In your visualisation, pick up a pair of scissors and cut the threads between you while saying ‘thank you for your love and the time we spent together. Now I am releasing you from my life’.
- Watch as the cord falls between you—now useless—and fades away to nothing. See both of your hearts filling with warm energy from the Chrysocolla, ready to move on and love again.
This purple crystal has a powerful spiritual energy that encourages you to let go of anything that no longer benefits your life. Sugilite aids in understanding how emotions affect the physical body and is believed to help release tension and fear. It is an excellent crystal for letting go of the past and moving forward with a positive mindset. It also can be used to support the release of thoughts, memories and experiences that negatively play on your mind. Sugilite encourages forgiveness and aids in developing good and honest communication between people. It is thought to be highly effective in putting an end to feelings of anger, jealousy and prejudice as well as supporting those who feel rejected. Sugilite’s vibrations can be used to gain insight into our thought processes and to forgive ourselves for past mistakes. It is excellent for those who are sensitive to the energies of people and places as it is a powerful shielding and protective stone. People who are new to crystal healing or who are very sensitive to their vibrations may find the energy of Sugilite too much. In this case, pairing it with a grounding stone such as hematite or smoky quartz can help. This crystal is beneficial for those who struggle with anxiety linked to either a past event or fear about what the future may hold. It is believed to be a good choice for support when you are struggling to explain your feelings or emotional responses.
How to Combat Jealousy With Sugilite
Jealously can bring a very negative and destructive energy into a relationship and lead to feelings of hurt, confusion and anxiety. It can be a very hard emotion to control, especially if you have been hurt in the past or find it difficult to trust others. Sugilite can help control jealous outbursts and provide insight into why you are feeling this way. It helps to clear your mind so you can discern whether you should truly be concerned in a given situation or if insecurities are at fault. This exercise can be completed as often as you need, but it is important to cleanse the crystal after each session. This will prevent it from becoming imbued with negative emotions that could potentially transfer to you.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Sugilite Meditation
- Sit or lay down in a quiet room where you will not be disturbed.
- Take slow deep breaths to help relax your body and calm your mind. Hold the Sugilite crystal over your heart chakra and see the soothing purple energy that it possesses.
- Think of your partner and the conflicts between you caused by jealousy. Do not rush this process and take as long as you need to go over the thoughts, feelings and actions that contribute to this matter.
- Visualise the energy of the crystal flowing into your heart chakra and throughout your body, washing away these negative emotions and hostilities. See these replaced with a calm and balanced energy.
- Ask that this energy aids you in gaining clarity around your jealousy and what can be done to resolve the present difficulties. You may feel thoughts and feelings coming to you and this is okay. Consider them rationally and let them pass as needed. If this doesn’t happen right away, do not feel as if the visualisation is not working. It may be that insight will come to you later or in a more discrete way.
- Continue this exercise for around ten minutes, though it is fine to do so for longer if you wish. Take your time returning your awareness to the room.
- When you are ready, cleanse your Sugilite crystal and carry on with your day.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2015 Claire