Leo Collins is a psychotherapist by profession and began writing professionally ten years ago.
This article explores a fun and effective technique to get into the feeling of having it now. Perhaps you have written down your goals in the present tense as Bob Proctor recommended in The Secret. "I am so happy and grateful now that..." If you enjoyed this powerful technique, imagine the experience of keeping a daily journal, not about your life the way that it is, but about your life the way that you would like it to be (as if it were already so). And now, imagine how living your ideal life through the pages of a journal could help you manifest everything you want.
How to Begin
Buy a journal or diary that appeals to you. If you feel that a plain spiral notebook of a certain color appeals to you, fine. Still, you may choose to buy a blank book specifically designed for journaling that has a certain cover or special "feel" to you. Use this magical journal only for the purpose of writing out the experiences you want as if they have already blossomed into fruition. As you hold the book, give it power. Imagine that everything you will write in it will come true through the Law of Attraction.
Write Out Your Goals in the Present Tense
This is where the creative process begins. In the back pages of the journal, you may choose to write affirmations that you want to manifest. You may even want to give yourself a timeline on when you want to accomplish these goals. The following are a list of examples:
- It is now December 1, 20__, and I now own my own gift shop.
- I am so happy and grateful now that I am a partner with the _______________ law firm.
- A year has passed since I purchased this journal and I am so happy and grateful now that I live in Los Angeles, where I have made many wonderful friends.
- I am so happy and grateful now that I have purchased my first house.
Give Your Goals Power By Living Them Out Through the Pages of Your Journal
On a regular basis, write out your ideal life events as if they were already unfolding the way you would like for them to unfold in perfect fruition. Allow yourself to feel your desires as if they were already so while you spell them out in the magical pages of your journal. Some examples follow.
An Aspiring Singer/Songwriter
- Today, I signed a recording contract. It was such an awesome experience meeting the record company executives. They were so nice. Most of them had already listened to the demos I had sent them and they were impressed! Not only were they impressed, but they were eager to meet me. I received many compliments from them. I can tell that they want me to succeed. The Law of Attraction has already proven itself to me, so I already know that I am in the process of being successful. I have already told a few people how much money the record company has advanced me and no one can believe it!
- The recording sessions for my first CD began today. I am so pleased with the producer and musicians I am working with! They really love the songs I've written. The first session turned out extremely well. The producer said she couldn't believe I was new to the art of recording! I am surrounded by people who believe in me.
The Resident of a New City
- I've only been here a week and I have already met so many wonderful people. My intuition tells me who I can trust. I love my new apartment overlooking the river. I've been given so many social invitations. There's no way I can attend them all.
- Wow! I can't believe I've lived here six months already! I've enjoyed every minute of it. I feel like I fit right in here. When my family members come to visit me, they can tell right away that I made the right decision to relocate here. I have adjusted to this city very well. This is the best decision I've ever made.
A Student Who Wants to Improve His or Her Academic and Social Success
- My parents were so shocked when they went online to look at my most recent grade report! It was so nice to hear them say that they were proud of me. But more importantly, I am proud of myself for the accomplishments I have made this semester. Teachers whose classes I had last year are asking me what has caused this amazing turnaround in me.
- Today, it dawned on me that I'm not getting in trouble at school anymore. I'm even getting along with the teachers. The teachers who I had last year are asking me what I've done to make such a great turnaround with my attitude this year. It seems like I haven't even put out any effort to change. All I do is visualize how I want to be every night before I go to bed. But what I am doing is working!
A Person With HIV
- My doctor was shocked today when my test results came back, but I wasn't shocked. He thought that a miracle happened. As we met in the exam room, he went over my my test results with me and he wondered if the lab made a mistake. He told me he had to confirm with the lab that they didn't get my results mixed up with someone else's. He said I'm healthier than most HIV-negative people.
- As I'm writing this, I'm on a plane, on my way to an HIV conference where I will be the keynote speaker. So many wonderful changes have taken place with me in the past year. I can't wait to tell other people in the conference about the Law of Attraction and how it's kept me healthy and played a powerful role in all areas of my life.
Muster the creativity inside of you. Make your Law of Attraction an "as if" journal, allowing yourself to live your ideal life in the manner that you want your life to be. Feel it! This technique is just one tool you can use in getting yourself in the feeling of "having it now."
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Yolo133 on October 03, 2019:
Hi I wanted to know if there are books on talking about writing pass tense or present tense more
Wendy Sanders on August 24, 2019:
Very much like reading your style of writing and as well you have taught me some new things wasn’t aware. U want to learn as much as possible and enjoy being creative so I am researching some creative ideas to use LOA as much as possible and hopefully one day pass it on as an heirloom journal for my family. I look forward to learning more about your experiences and teachings.
ionee on July 13, 2018:
For example. If i have only 3 things that i wanted to happen, will i write the same sentences every night? Or i will just read the sentences repeatedly before bedtime? Right after i had written it.
Windy Grace Mason from Poplar Cove, Virginia, USA on January 31, 2016:
Excellent article! I look forward to implementing these practices into my daily life! Thanks, Leo!
Maurice Glaude from Mobile, AL on October 07, 2014:
Writing is a great way to connect to your higher self.
Rev Bill from FORT WHITE,FL on June 12, 2011:
Thank You for your article I believe you will help people. pay it forward..
Leo Collins (author) on July 14, 2010:
Thank you, jaknowwhat. You, know, we are all still working on applying the Law of Attraction to one thing or another. We all find some areas of our lives easier to master through the LoA than other areas, as we all have our own innate mindsets due to the way we were conditioned in this lifetime. If we keep thinking those positive thoughts, we will get to where we want to be.
yaknowwhat from USA on July 14, 2010:
The Secret is one of the most powerful books I have read , I am still working on applying it to my financial wellbeing , as I have seen it work in other areas :) great hub !