I have studied crystal healing for many years and have studied and been attuned to reiki levels one, two, and masters.
Feng Shui Hints and Tips for the Office or Workplace
Feng Shui can be used to help give your career a boost. This can be achieved by placing something red in your office or work area.
- Arrange the furniture in your office or work space so that you are not sitting with your back to a door. Otherwise, according to Feng Shui principles, you run the risk of depleting your work-related luck and being open to being stabbed in the back or betrayed in work related matters.
- If possible, you should position your desk in the furthest corner diagonally from the entrance. This is considered the power spot of any office.
- Having brickwork in the southwest corner of your office and placing crystals in the northeast corner will help to attract reliable and hardworking employees to your business.
- Keep the male and female energies in your office balanced to ensure equal ying and yang energy is present.
- Attaching coins, luck symbols or pictures of dragons to important files will help to attract good luck to their contents.
- Do not keep cacti in your office or work space as these are considered to attract bad luck.
- If you sit facing a plain wall while you work, decorate it with pictures of scenes from nature, preferably open fields or water scenes. This will help bring the element of water into the space and attract good luck.
- According to the principles of Feng Shui, facing hills, large buildings or mountains while working should be avoided because it is thought to risk causing blockages to your success. This applies to views from your office's windows as well as paintings and other artwork.
11. You should only hang pictures that feature tigers in your work place if you were born in the year of the tiger. This also applies to dragons. This principle is especially important for people born in small animal years such as rat, rabbit or rooster that could be viewed as prey to these larger carnivores.
12. Money plants are believed to help attract prosperity into your career and work life. However, dying or dead plants of any type should not be kept in your office as this will have the reverse effect.
13. Yellow flowers of any kind are associated with good fortune.
14. Secondhand, old or antique furniture may have negative energy clinging to it that was picked up during its previous use. This will transfer into your work place so these are best kept out of any area associated with business or your career. It is also possible to cleanse items of previously collected energies.
15. Lucky money cats are a Japanese symbol of good luck. Place one on a table or any other surface that is facing the main entrance to gain the most from this good energy.
16. Glass tables or furniture are considered bad for business as they represent a lack of support and transparency. Solid woods, especially hard woods, are a much better choice as they represent growth and solidity.
17. Business meetings should be held at a round table whenever possible, as these are believed to help meetings run smoother and promote success.
18. Black briefcases are the best choice for all work environments and work related papers due to the fact that black symbolises income and money.
19. Corporate logos that include symbols of good fortune such as dragons are considered to be particularly auspicious.
20. Mirrors are believed to help attract more customers into your place of work and enable you to expand your product lines.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Claire
Claire (author) from Lincolnshire, UK on November 26, 2012:
So many of the principles make perfect sense. I find it really interesting and have written hubs on various aspects of feng shui and am hoping to write some more in the future.
Rajan Singh Jolly from From Mumbai, presently in Jalandhar, INDIA. on November 25, 2012:
Very interesting read. This ancient science does work according to those who follow it.
Voted up, interesting.
Claire (author) from Lincolnshire, UK on September 24, 2012:
Me neither but I always think it cannot hurt to try to as you say does create a calm and peaceful environment.
Eric Dierker from Spring Valley, CA. U.S.A. on September 20, 2012:
I do not know if it is science but I do know that it makes peacefulness come easier.