Sadie Holloway is exploring how to live more intentionally, everyday. Her favorite self-help authors are Deepak Chopra and Julia Cameron.
Everyone knows that achieving your goals takes hard work. Successfully achieving your goals and getting what you want out of life requires more than just being in the right place at the right time. From doing well in school to practicing a specific skill on a regular basis, reaching your goals requires a positive attitude, an unwavering persistence and a belief that making your dreams a reality is a worthwhile pursuit.
No matter how you go about achieving your life goals, a little good luck can make the road to success more fun and enjoyable. After all, who doesn’t like a nice surprise now and then? From meeting someone who “gets you” to finding a $20.00 bill on the sidewalk, moments of unexpected good luck make life interesting.
But is luck something that you just stumble upon? Is it doled out by the Universe randomly? Or are there things that you can do to increase your odds of experiencing good luck and prosperity? The answer is 'Yes!'. You can develop positive habits and ways of thinking that attract more luck and bring spontaneous good fortune into your life!
How to Bring Yourself More Good Luck
If you want to find more good luck in your life, here are some simple things you can do to rev up your good fortune and reach your goals faster!
- Move more. Take a walk outside. Get away from your desk. Visit a friend. You can’t experience good luck if you sit at home all day, waiting for things to turn around. You can’t stumble upon an opportunity if you’re tied to your desk. You can’t find a $20.00 bill on the sidewalk or a great piece of vintage furniture in an alley if you're sitting at home. You need to get out there and make yourself available to all the opportunities that the world has to offer.
- Get to work changing the things in your life that you can control. When you feel unlucky, ask yourself if there is something you can do to reverse your streak of bad luck. When you direct your attention to the things that you can change (i.e.; your skill level, your eating habits, your attitude) you will notice the Universe being more responsive to you. On the other hand, if you believe that there is nothing you can do to change a particular situation, the Universe will respond accordingly: nothing will change---you won’t find good luck no matter how hard you try. The Universe simply responds to what you believe to be true about your life. Positive thinking, kindness, and compassion are powerful magnets for attracting good luck and prosperity.
- Show up and always be prepared. Have you ever noticed that the luckiest people at work seem to be the ones who show up prepared for meetings? They plan projects and develop timelines. They work well with other people and they always seem to have loads of energy. They are optimistic and confident because they are prepared. If you want to be one of the lucky ones at work who gets a promotion or a regular pay increase, do your homework. It’s no accident that the more prepared you are to tackle a challenge, the luckier you’ll be at successfully reaching your goals.
- Be sociable. Develop a strong support system if you want to improve your luck. If you listen to people who are truly thankful for what they have, you'll probably notice that they often talk about their friends and family being big contributors to their success. You can't be prosperous without having positive people in your life. Seek out friends and family who believe in you and want you to reach your goals. In turn, offer them the same amount of encouragement and support they give you. Being around people who are naturally optimistic and who believe in your worth will make you feel luckier than you ever imagined!
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
— Thomas Jefferson
What Attracts Good Luck and Bad Luck?
|Good luck magnets||Bad luck magnets|
Jokes at the expense of others
How to Increase Your Luck
Do you want to have more good luck? Try doing these three things every day for 30 days and see if you don't feel luckier!
- Increase the amount of time you spend outdoors in nature each day by 10%.
- Give a silent blessing to the first three strangers you see each day.
Read More From Exemplore
- Tell someone you love why they are so important to you.
- Give thanks for every bite of food you eat and every drop of water you drink.
- Listen empathetically to someone who seems to be having a bad day.
- Suspend judgement and just notice "what is" rather than what you think "should be."
Good luck is all about good timing.
When you stumble across good fortune, do you say to yourself, “Wow, I guess I happened to be in the right place at just the right time for that blessing to have come my way”? If so, then you already know that being lucky means having good timing. When you are open to the flow of life, good luck will come your way. People who naturally believe that everything happens in the best possible way understand that everything in the universe is interconnected. Lucky people take nothing for granted. They know that the people they meet are there for a reason; even the people who may seem difficult to cope with can teach you how to be patient and forgiving. Lucky people find creative ways to work with other people to achieve mutually satisfying goals. Lucky people know that human interactions increase joy, happiness, and opportunities for growth and positive progress.
People who are lucky are comfortable following their gut instincts.
They’re positive and open minded and that means they're able to interact with the world with a greater awareness than people who are judgemental. Lucky people notice opportunities and blessings that others miss. They are not afraid to take risks or follow their heart in love, life and career pursuits. They trust themselves because they know that abundance, joy and happiness are their birthright, and everyone else’s birthright, too. They know that there is enough for everyone and they go out of their way to share their blessings and good fortune with others.
The easiest way to experience more good luck in your life is to simply count your blessings.
Right now, someone in the world probably wishes they had just half of what you already have. In another person’s eyes, you may have all the luck in the world. But are you paying attention to and noticing all those good things in your life? No matter how bleak you think your life is, you really aren’t as unlucky as you think you are.
Imagine, for a moment, how your life could be much worse than it supposedly is now. What things in your life would you miss the most if they were suddenly taken away by a cruel twist of fate? Your health? Your job? Your family? By taking the time to notice the good things in your life, you’ll discover that you already are quite blessed. You already have good luck! Fostering an attitude of gratitude will keep you feeling upbeat and optimistic—two essential ingredients for drawing more good things into your life.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2013 Sadie Holloway
Share your secret to success! How do you attract good luck and prosperity?
Sulabha Dhavalikar from Indore, India on April 05, 2013:
Life was always very tough, with many 'frienemies', which happens to a girl after marriage. But somewhere deep down, I felt I was good. Besides, I had a husband & 2 children. And so I worked hard at whatever I undertook. It was a typical hare & tortoise story! Today, those troublemakers are struggling with their own problems, while I have made quite a name & earned goodwill in the society.