Soul Groups, Soul Mates, and Twin Flames
Many Lives...So Many Souls
If you are one of the millions of people in the world who believe in reincarnation, then perhaps you have on occasion wondered about the individuals in your life and around you. Perhaps you have wondered if your family members lived past lives alongside of you. Maybe you have even questioned whether you've known your soul mate in this life, or whether you've yet to meet him or her.
One of the most popular topics on the web in relation to reincarnation and love is the topic of meeting one's soul mate or twin flame. In this article, we will look at the theories and beliefs behind soul groups, soul mates, and twin flames. We will talk about how you can identify the souls in your soul group, and we'll examine characteristics behind soul mates and twin flames.
What is a Soul Group?
Many times when a soul is reincarnated, that soul chooses to reincarnate with other souls from the same "soul group".
What is a soul group, exactly? A soul group is the group of souls in which you were first created, and the group of souls to which you continually merge with upon death and before rebirth. Quite often these souls are also the souls that you live many lives with.
Think of it like this: you are a drop of water. When the drop of water drips into a glass of water, it is then merging with a group of water droplets...becoming part of the whole.
Upon death, your soul leaves its body and travels back to the place of creation or what I like to call the womb of the universe. Once you have returned to this place, you will be reunited with quite a few of the souls that make up a part of your soul group. This is a time of utter peace and harmony, of a sense of wholeness and oneness with the universe.
Before reincarnating into another life here on Earth, you will consult with the other souls in your soul group. They will give you advice and support on your decision to reincarnate, and perhaps one or more of them will decide to come to Earth with you. To reincarnate alongside of you as a family member, friend, or even as a lover. These are all possibilities and likelihoods in this sense of reincarnation.
A soul group is the group of souls in which you were first created, and it is the group of souls in which you will ultimately merge and expand with.
How do I know who's in my soul group?
If you're looking to find out who is a part of your soul group out of the souls you are living with in this incarnation, then here are some easy ways to know:
- someone of whom who you feel a very deep emotional and spiritual bond (a bond that's difficult to put into words)
- someone of whom you feel like you've known for a very long time (even before you met them)
- someone of whom you feel just "gets" you or doesn't judge you
- someone with whom you feel comfortable on many levels
- someone who finishes your sentences
- someone who is utterly in tune with your whereabouts and knows if there is imminent danger heading your way (and vice versa, you with this person)
- someone who knows you better than you know yourself
- someone who can be away from you for months or years on end, and then when you see them again it's like not a day has gone by
- someone who seems to be thinking the same exact things as you around the same time (even the most random thoughts that neither of you discusses out loud)
- someone whose vibrations seem to meld with your own
- someone with whom you've shared similar dreams on the same nights
Keep in mind too that not everyone in your soul group is going to be someone you'll have an amazing relationship with here on earth. There are individual souls within your soul group that you are closer to than others...just like any group here on Earth.
"Just look at the North Star, and you'll always see me. You'll remember our love. Shining in a dark sky and never-dying." - Anonymous
What is a Soul Mate and How Do I Know?
In addition to having a soul group that your soul was born with and returns to, you may have also heard and/or believe in the term soul mate.
So what exactly is a soul mate?
A soul mate is a soul from your soul group that you have had a very intimate and/or romantic relationship with in an earthly incarnation. This means in this life or a past life, you and someone from your soul group have incarnated together and had a very intense relationship of some kind on this earthly plane.
How you'll know if you've met your soul mate:
- it involves feelings of inner love that you've never shared or known with anyone
- the emotions and memories are more intense than any others and tend to overwhelm your daily thoughts
- the moment you see this person you know you love them (the "love at first sight" bit)
- you feel like you've known this person before, even though you might have just met
- you can talk with this person for hours on end and feel like you know everything about them and yet still know nothing
- you feel like you're old friends but yet you have an undying passion for this person
- when you're alone with this person, nothing else in the world matters
- you connect on the deepest levels
- you help this person and this person helps you with no taking tally or holding things over each others' heads
- you do things for each other just because you want to, out of pure love
- it's the purest love you've ever known
- you dream about this person when they're around and when they're not around
So maybe you've met your soul mate, but you've lost him or her. You'll even know deep down in your heart if you've known your soul mate and lost him/her. It is a crushingly sad feeling that no one could fully shake.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most of us have had more than one soul mate(s) in our history of past lives. So it's not that you'll be searching for one perfect person, but you'll have been searching for the perfect persons!
Will I meet my soul mate?
Thousands of people search the internet every month to find out if they will meet their soul mate, and how to meet their soul mate. It is a very romantic notion to think that everyone has a perfect soul out there for them, just waiting to be found. Once they're found they'll whisk you away into a fairy tale world. Unfortunately, this is not always true.
A misconception with soul mates is that everyone will meet and be with their soul mate in every life. This isn't always the case. Some souls come to earth with a specific purpose that doesn't involve or include meeting and loving a soul mate at all. They might meet this soul mate somewhere along the line and possibly even lose this soul mate (by death or circumstance). Or they may never meet a soul mate, but they may have friends/family members from their same soul group.
That being said, don't be disheartened if you feel like you'll never find your soul mate or perhaps you were not meant to find your soul mate in this life. There are other kinds of love in this life that each of us have chosen to experience. We chose these types of people for our lives before we were even born! And maybe you will indeed meet your soul mate, one can never know for sure...until one knows.
Don't live your life searching for that one perfect love, because you'll miss out on all of the other experiences of love you already chose to experience. That's the bottom line. And if you're meant to meet and love your soul mate...it will happen when the time is right.
What is a Twin Flame?
Another concept in the soul group category is that of the Twin Flame. Many new ageists and people who believe in reincarnation subscribe to this notion, while others disagree entirely.
What exactly is a Twin Flame?
A Twin Flame is thought to be the counterpart to your soul that was created with you. This Twin Flame is better put...your other half - literally. This soul is the yin to your yang, the male to your female (or vice versa).
The idea of having a Twin Flame is something that resonates deeply with many spiritual individuals. It explains the aspect of always having that feeling that something is missing...that some piece of you is gone and you cannot find it no matter how hard you search. These feelings are explained away because you are experiencing a longing for your other half. The other piece to the puzzle that is your soul's make-up.
Twin Flames get confused with soul mates quite often, in theory and in practice. How are we to distinguish between our Twin Flame and Soul Mates? Most of us probably couldn't, unless we've met our Twin Flame. Then you just know.
Here's where things get a little sad. You might not ever meet your Twin Flame in this life, as they say it's not very often that you and your Twin Flame incarnate at the same time. In fact, many people believe that Twin Flames switch back and forth. One of you incarnates while the other stays in the spiritual world to help guide you from the other side. And then vice versa.
So technically the concept of a Twin Flame could tie into the concept of Spirit Guides, as well. Or is this Twin Flame also our "higher selves"?
The reason the Twin Flames do not incarnate together often is probably because if they did, they'd totally forget why they came to Earth in the first place they'd be so lost in each other! Or perhaps the world wouldn't be able to handle a love so great and powerful.
Written and copyright © by KittytheDreamer (May Canfield), 2013. All Rights Reserved.