Twenty Feng Shui Tips for Creating a Prosperous Work Environment
Feng Shui Hints and Tips
1. Feng shui can be used to help give your career a boost. This can be achieved by placing something red in your office or work area.
2. Arrange the furniture in your office or work space so that you are not sitting with your back to a door. Otherwise, according to feng shui principles you run the risk of depleting your work related luck and being open to being stabbed in the back or betrayed in work related matters.
3. If possible you should position your desk in the furthest corner diagonally from the entrance. This is considered the power spot of any office.
4. Having brickwork in the south west corner of your office and placing crystals in the north east corner will help to attract reliable and hardworking employees to your business.
5. Keep the male and female energies in your office balanced to ensure equal ying and yang energy is present.
Feng Shui Crystals
6. Attaching coins, luck symbols or pictures of dragons to important files will help to attract good luck to their contents.
7. Do not keep cacti in your office or work space as these are considered to attract bad luck.
8. If you sit facing a plain wall while you work, decorate it with pictures of scenes from nature, preferably open fields or water scenes. This will help bring the element of water into the space as well as attracting good luck.
9. Within feng shui sitting facing hills, large buildings and mountains is avoided because it is thought to risk causing blockages to your success. This applies to views from your offices windows as well as paintings and other artwork.
10. Try to keep the space on your desk in front of you clear. Anything that becomes piled up in this area will block incoming good luck from reaching you. If you need to keep piles of papers or books on your desk, place them at the either side in neat piles.
Lucky Money Cat
11. You should only hang pictures that feature tigers in your work place if you were born in the year of the tiger. This also applies to dragons. This principle is especially important for people born in small animal years such as rat, rabbit or rooster that could be viewed as prey to these larger carnivores.
12. Money plants are believed to help attract prosperity into your career and work life. However dying or dead plants of any type should not be kept in your office as this will have the reverse effect.
13. Yellow flowers of any kind are associated with good fortune.
14. Secondhand, old or antique furniture may have negative energy clinging to it that was picked up during its previous usage. This will transfer into your work place so these are best kept out of any area associated with business or your career. It is also possible to cleanse items of previously collected energies.
15. Lucky money cats are a Japanese symbol of good luck. Place one on a table or any other surface that is facing the main entrance to gain the most from this good energy.
Do You Use Feng Shui in Your Office?
16. Glass tables or furniture are considered bad for business as they represent a lack of support and transparency. Solid wood, especially hard woods are a much better choice as they represent growth and solidity.
17. Business meetings should be held at a round table whenever possible as these are believed to help them run smoother and will more success.
18. Black briefcases are the best choice for all work environments and work related papers due to the fact that black symbolises income and money.
19. Corporate logos that include symbols of good fortune such as dragons are considered to be particularly auspicious.
20. Mirrors are believed to help attract more customers into your place of work and enable you to expand your product lines.
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Claire