Energy Cleanse for Jewelry
- Rose Water
- Sea Salt
- Wash item.
- Set in sunlight on bed of sea salt for three days.
- Rinse in rose water and return to sea salt.
- Set in sunlight for another three days.
- Wear for a day.
My expertise in gemology came together with my passion for reusing and recycling as the recession hit. After getting my graduate gemologist diploma from GIA in an ill-fated attempt to change careers, I couldn’t get a job in the diamond industry so I decided to sell jewelry at street fairs and home parties. I found it was cheaper to buy used items, euphemistically called, “Estate Pieces," rather than head to the downtown jewelry district in LA and buy wholesale on a small scale.
Many of these lovely, barely worn pieces were being sold by jilted lovers, angry ex-spouses, and sad folks trying to make the rent.
Something that is held dear, and contains metal and crystal, picks up the energy of the person who holds it. When the intention of the owner changes, so does the energy held by the piece. Given the nature of time and space, sometimes the piece holds the future intention as well as the present.
Though a change in ownership will change the energy, that change has to occur before the energy changes. And the pieces are not going to attract new owners in a positive way if they are oozing negative energy.
Over the course of several months I developed a way to cleanse the items of all energy besides the innate energy of the metal and gemstones.
I would like to share that method with you. In normal circumstances, when you buy a used piece and wear it, your energy will overpower the previous energy. So you don’t need to cleanse every piece you buy.
The issue becomes that lovely diamond encrusted ring from your ex, or the chain your dysfunctional sister gave you for your birthday. In the first instance, the ring held great importance and now every time you see it you think of the jerk who cheated on you. But you like the design and the stones. In the second instance, though the chain is new, it holds the baggage of your family relationship.
So the formula I am about to reveal is for items you own and feel uncomfortable with. If you cleanse them, and some time later start to feel negative emotions surrounding them, you need to do the cleanse again. It is possible to re-imbue the items with the energy of your emotional baggage if that is your focus when wearing them.
In the case of the ring which is beautiful and made of metal and stones which are naturally positive, but associated with intense emotional pain, the metal and stones can actually absorb some of your pain, which means wearing it and repeating the cleanse on a regular basis can accelerate your healing from the hurt.
Combining modalities from different traditions I developed this cleanse. It developed over time and I saw it working in the way people were attracted to the various items in my inventory.
Steps to Cleanse Jewelry
- Take the piece and clean it with traditional jewelry cleaner. If it is a diamond ring of great value, take it to a jeweler to clean in their ultrasonic machine and have them check the diamonds and tighten any which are loose. If not, get the sort of cleaner which comes with a little brush and scrub every little corner. Now there is nothing clinging to the piece except energy and emotion. The metal and the stones are imbued with the positive energy of mother earth, and no doubt you are acquainted with all the theories of the various affects of gemstones and metals. But for these to be effective you need to clear out the emotional energies you are putting on them. Now that the pieces are physically clean, let’s get to work making them energetically clean.
- To start clearing the energy of your pieces, you need to smudge them with sage. You can get a bundle of sage from any sort of new age book store, botanica, or on the internet. You need to suspend the jewelry in the smoke so every crevice is touched by it. Holding the item in your hand, which gives you the added benefit of having your hand smudged while it is in contact with the jewelry, also clears the pathway through which you are transmitting the energy. Next time your thoughts pull energy from the universe that can be transmitted to the jewelry, the pathway that transports it will have to be re-built.
- With the residue of the sage smoke on it, lay the piece on a bed of sea salt and place it in the sun for three days.
- When the three days are finished, rinse the piece in rose water. You can put rose water in a little cup and drop in the jewelry, then swish it around a bit.
- Still dripping with rose water, place the jewelry back onto the sea salt and into the sunlight for another three days.
- At the conclusion of the second three days, take the jewelry off of the bed of sea salt and put it on. Don’t put it in your jewelry box first, no, as soon as you remove it from the sea salt put it on.
Now it is yours. No energy is left from the previous owner or the person who gave it to you. It is yours.
When I was selling the pieces I cleansed, I did not put them on after the cleanse; I put them in the display cases, which I had smudged when I first purchased them. Thus they were completely clear for the new owner.