The Fine Art of Spoon Bending
What Is Spoon Bending?
Spoon bending is a process of focused intention to change the properties of a spoon so it is easier to bend.
There are two schools of thought regarding spoon bending. This first is that it is rigged to look like you are doing something special and unusual with psychic power. The second is that with concentration and focus you can bend a spoon in a way that you cannot do with strength alone. You can actually prove it to yourself by trying to unbend the spoon after you have bent it. You will see that it takes much more strength to unbend it than it took to bend it. In some cases, it is almost impossible.
Once you have bent your first spoon, you will realize it is not a hoax or contrived in any way. Your mind changes the structure of the spoon so that it bends more easily in more intricate ways that is possible by muscling it.
Various Bent Spoons
Why Bend a Spoon?
Doing something easily or fairly easily that appears impossible does something to you. You begin to realize that the reality is not fixed. It is malleable just like the spoon and when you set your mind to do something and you focus consciously, you will be able to broaden your world and do things because now you have done what you thought was impossible.
A curiosity develops and the mind wonders what else it can do, what more can be achieved. The sides of the box you are sitting in fall down and a whole world of possibilities opens up. The Bucket List takes on a whole new meaning. What others have told you you cannot do, now becomes irrelevant. If you want to play the piano, go for it. If you want to sky dive, go for it. If you want to be all you can be, go for that too. Are you ready to do the impossible?
Tips on Bending a Spoon
- Don't listen to the naysayers. They say its all fake and they want to stay in their 'impossible box'.
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Bending a spoon takes practice because it is a mind-focused activity.
- Concentrate and focus on the metal in the spoon softening so it is easy to bend
- You may not be used to focusing in such a concentrated fashion and your mind chatter may interfere with your ability to focus. Do not give up. You can do this.
- You can also try the technique in the video below.
Will the Spoon Bend Itself?
Those who claim the spoon will bend itself may be creating an illusion by fatiguing the metal in the spoon before showing how they do it. The real talent is rare and is seen in a few children who are born gifted in certain ways you are not.
If you take two identical spoons and try to bend one with your hands, you will see the effort that is required to do so. Then using your mind to soften the metal of the spoon, the spoon will bend more easily and in a way you cannot do by just muscling the spoon. You help it bend with very little effort on your part.
Bending a Spoon
Do you think it is possible to bend a spoon with your mind?
Bending a Spoon at a Glance
- Go to the thrift store and buy an assortment of spoons. Do not use your good kitchen cutlery. Once the spoon bends, you will want to bend more and soon you may have no more spoons with which to eat your ice cream.
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Hold the spoon in your dominant hand, the one with which you write. Hold the spoon with the bowl of the spoon at the top.
- Look intently at the spoon.
- With your thumb, slowly rub the neck of the spoon back and forth.
- While you are rubbing the neck of the spoon, think “softer and softer, hotter and hotter”.
- Keep rubbing the spoon slowly, focusing on the neck of the spoon getting warmer and softer.
- After a few minutes, gently push on the bowl of the spoon to see if it is ready to bend.
- Suddenly, you may feel a shift in the spoon and you know that the spoon will bend.
- Twist the handle of the spoon around itself easily and effortlessly.
- If you are not successful the first time, do not give up. Just lay the spoon down and try again later. Many ordinary people have bent many spoons effortlessly and easily.
Step-by-Step Instructions With Pictures
Go to the thrift store and buy an assortment of spoons.
Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Hold the spoon in your dominant hand, the one with which you write. Hold the spoon with the bowl of the spoon at the top.
Look intently at the spoon.
With your thumb, slowly rub the neck of the spoon up and down.
While you are rubbing the neck of the spoon, think “softer and softer, hotter and hotter”.
Keep rubbing the spoon slowly, focusing on the neck of the spoon getting warmer and softer.
After a few minutes, gently push on the bowl of the spoon to see if it is ready to bend.
Keep repeating this activity until suddenly, you may feel a shift in the spoon and you know that the spoon will bend.
Twist the handle of the spoon around itself easily and effortlessly.
If you are not successful the first time, do not give up. Just lay the spoon down and try again later. Many ordinary people have bent many spoons effortlessly and easily, especially with a little practice.
Once you have twisted up the handle of a spoon. Defy any doubters to unbend the spoon and they will see that it is more difficult to unbend it with muscle power that it was to bend it with the aid of your mind.
Now try to unbend the spoon using your strength.
Try it Yourself
Are you ready to try bending a spoon with your mind?
If It Was a Trick...
I would be one of the trickiest people alive. I am just under five feet tall and I am not that strong. Look at the pile of spoons and tell me if you honestly believe it is a trick.
I have taught at PK (psychokenesis) parties where ordinary people have done some amazing things, even bending spoons for the very first time.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.