I'm always reading about spiritual and alternative therapies and applying them at home to my family, pets, and friends. So far, so good!
What Is the Meaning of an Egg Cleanse?
In Mesoamerica and Mexico, eggs are viewed as a means of attaining a state of holistic well-being. It is now generally accepted that the physical body is only one component of overall health. To achieve an optimum state of comfort and peace, other aspects need to be taken into consideration. Holistic medicine is a new concept that serves to bridge the gap between ancient means of treating ailments and their contemporary solutions. Spanish people use an egg to decrease this gulf. Not only are eggs essential for maintaining physical health, but they can also be used to relieve the soul of the hidden burden that it carries.
Modern medicine calls for the need to have a clean spirit, a stress-free mind, and a conscience free of remorse to enjoy unparalleled health. Taking into account this approach, spiritual egg cleansing—also called "limpia"—has been a widespread practice in Spanish society for centuries.
This centuries-old spiritual therapeutic practice addresses more than just the diseases of the mind and body; it is capable of cleansing your household from any black magic that might have been done to disrupt the peace of your house or the evil eye that lurks behind the veil. These mystic phenomena can create chaos within your family and barricade all paths for joy and abundance to enter. Limpia can cleanse your beloved home for you.
When to Perform a Spiritual Egg Cleansing
How often do you clean the mess in your home? No one likes a dirty living area. Similarly, your soul needs the same regular tidying up. Ideally, limpia should be undertaken every day. However, there are some events when supernatural evil beings and foes become more active than usual. Periods of stress can add to your already unbearable mental load. We suggest that if you cannot perform spiritual egg cleansing daily, following are some of the times when it should be undertaken without a second thought.
As a Housewarming Gesture
Buying a new home is a huge success and is bound to make many around you green with envy. Jealousy is a fertile ground for the evil eye and it might feed on your happiness. If you are moving into a place that was in use by someone else, things beyond your vision and comprehension might be operational there. To make sure that your new home is safe from internal and external threats, perform limpia as the first thing you do when you settle there.
When There Are Baseless Arguments and Anger in Your Family
Lately, if you have noticed that there is an unexplained discord between the different members of your family and previously calm people have suddenly started to exhibit bursts of aggressiveness, it is highly likely that some evil magic is preying on your peace. Eliminate this hidden vile by using an egg to heal your loved ones spiritually.
When Failure Is All you Have Been Tasting
At some point, you might notice a pattern in your life that you have never experienced before. Suddenly, all your plans and efforts are being dashed to the ground without plausible reasoning. If your job hunt has not been fruitful, despite you having everything it takes to earn a good position, or if all your attempts at conceiving are in vain, you might need to clean the atmosphere you live in from the mystic filth that might be making things hard for you.
Your Depression Is Getting Worse
At times, you might feel like there is nothing you can do in this world to make things better for yourself and your family. A constant lack of motivation and inability to do anything on your own indicates that your soul is tired. Help it unload itself with limpia.
MyJourney From Non-Spiritual to Spiritual
I grew up in a spiritually attuned family. When I was sick, I remember my grandmother coming in to do an egg cleansing for me.
As a child, I thought every family was similar, so I told my friends about the spiritual rituals that my family performed. I was mocked. Badly. From then on, I detached myself from what I came to view as the "idiotic, nonsensical, theatre performance" of the women in my family.
My teenage and adult life was in absolute turmoil. My heart was broken multiple times. At the lowest point of my life when I was physically and mentally broken, I remembered the loving graze of my grandmother and how she broke an egg as a ritual to remove bad luck from me.
Egg cleansing was the first thing I did for the "new" me. I genuinely prayed for the first time in my adult life, did the ritual, and went to sleep. I woke up with an abnormally refreshed feeling. Determined not to be victimized anymore, I packed my bag and left my abusive relationship. I have not looked back since.
Was it the egg spiritual cleansing that triggered the change in me, or was it just a day that I was able to move forward? I choose to believe it is from the spiritual egg cleansing. This extra "help" I received made me walk out of the darkness.
Read More From Exemplore
How to Do a Spiritual Egg Cleansing
Things You Will Need
You can perform the egg cleansing on yourself, on your loved ones, and on your own home. For all of these, the required items would be the same. You would need:
- A single egg
- A long white candle
- A pinch of salt
- A clear glass of water
Steps for Cleansing Yourself or Someone Else
- Light a candle in a place where it can burn without being put out by any wind. Do not let it blow out before the process is complete.
- Take the egg in both of your hands and pray to the Lord. If it is to heal you from a spiritual disease, bad luck, or to get you rid of an evil spirit, make sure you think about it as you pray.
- Once you have prayed, take the egg very cautiously in your hand and rub it on yourself from top to bottom. This will snatch out all evil from inside of you or the person you are performing it on.
- Take the egg and break it into the clear glass of water.
- Add salt to it.
- Flush it down the toilet.
Steps for Cleansing Your Home
- Light a candle in a safe, wind-free corner of your home. Let it burn out on its own as the wax ends.
- Take the egg in both of your hands and stretch them out. Travel with it in this fashion through every corner of your home while reciting the Lord’s Prayer.
- Once done, break the egg into a clear glass of water.
- Add salt.
- Flush it away.
Note that it is preferred that you cleanse your home when there is no one else to create any disturbance for you during the ritual. Keep your drapes apart and the windows open to allow for the bad energy to escape and the Lord’s blessings to enter.
How to Read an Egg Cleanse
As you have read above, you are supposed to break the egg into a glass of water before disposing it off. Before you do that, you can observe the contents in the water to understand what has been lurking in your home and disturbing your peace. You can decode it by learning the following:
- Bubbles around or on the yolk: The bubbles are a sign of extreme exhaustion. It shows that your spirit has been under a lot of stress and negative energy. You need to take some time off and meditate.
- Forms of a living being: The contents might appear to have a human-like face or the form of an animal. The face might be of someone who wishes bad for you and the animal might indicate that there is a problem that you need to cater to if you want to find peace.
- Pointed yolk: If the yolk appears to be elongated or spindle-shaped, it shows that someone has put you under an evil spell.
- Dark yolk: This means that an evil eye has been preventing you from succeeding in your plans.
- Yolk with a downward extension: The reverse dripping of the yolk pointing towards the bottom of the glass signifies pent-up frustration and anger. You should consider letting it go.
- Cloudy yolk: Clouds here indicate emotions and the yolk your mind; your mind has been overpowered by a set of negative emotions that might adversely affect your relationship with those around you.
- Bloody yolk: Upon breaking the egg, if you see that it is ruddy, then this is a very bad sign. It shows that very powerful black magic has been cast upon you to hurt you or someone you love. This needs to be addressed by a spiritual elderly person who can guide you about it.
- Floral patterns: If the contents of the glass show forms that closely resemble flowers or their petals, then this is a good sign. It indicates that good fortune is in keep for you and your cleansing ritual has been successful in driving away from you the evil eye and bad spirits.
- Discolored egg white: The white of the egg having any other dark color indicates that you are insecure about yourself and lack self-trust.
- Unintentional egg breakage: In the event that the egg breaks repeatedly before you had the chance to break it in the glass, then you should be alarmed of the severity of the situation as it means a naughty evil spirit is after you and will not let you get rid of it. Seek spiritual help.
Tips for a Better Egg Cleansing
Choose the Correct Time
The best time to purify yourself and your home would be the start of every new week, month and year.
Perform the ritual seamlessly and during the time of the day when there is no one around you.
Gather the Required Items Beforehand
You should not stop till you are done cleansing from the first step to the last. Make sure that you have everything you need with you so that you do not have to leave the ritual midway to get essentials.
Resources on Egg Cleansing
My grandmother and mother have been spiritual practitioners, and I've watched them perform egg cleansings on big occasions like moving house, death, or periods when everything was just not going well.
I started reading widely and found these two resources which I refer to.
- Lunatica: This is a blog of an individual called Macarena. Her post is pretty old, but I like that her sharing is detailed and personal. It is in Spanish, so you might need to turn on your Google translate.
- Shamanic Egg Cleansing: A Traditional Healing Technique of Mesoamerican Shamans: This is a book I got from Amazon, and it's a good book for beginners. I tend to flip around when I need some references, and it's always on loan to my friends!
A Healing Practice
Spiritual egg cleansing has been practiced by different people from all kinds of cultural and religious backgrounds. It has made life easier and more peaceful for most of them; hence, it is still being widely utilized to help heal the soul.
Try it for yourself and see if it works. Happy spiritual healing!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2020 Muriel B Tewes
Muriel B Tewes (author) on September 26, 2020:
Yeah, that's true! I haven't seen it from this perspective since I started off with using eggs. The action of breaking the egg is pretty therapeutic and it signifies the removal of negativity.. so it's good to try the ritual with an egg :)
Eric Dierker from Spring Valley, CA. U.S.A. on September 26, 2020:
Very interesting. It would seem that even just the meditative actions would do well for any soul.