Healing Crystals' Properties and Powers: Amethyst and Citrine
Crystal Healing: What Is it?
Crystal healing is a powerful, alternative medicine technique which uses crystals as the healing tools. Crystals are like precious rocks and are beautiful. Even looking at one is healing in itself but holding one is even better. You almost go in a state of Zen, as you hold your crystal. This is crystal healing. Whilst a lot of people are skeptical about this method, you don't have to be a hard-core believer to avail of the benefits. Doing small things such as keeping a crystal in your pocket can keep you feeling happy, empowered and energized.
Of course, different crystals have different powers. Some help you overcome psychic attack, others keep you energized, some help you study and retain information better, whilst others get rid of negative emotions. There are hundreds of different crystals, most are easily available on Amazon or Ebay. The easiest you can find are:
- Rose Quartz
- Tigers Eye
There are many, many more to add to this list but as you research more about rock collecting, I'm sure you could extend to that collection. Today, I am going to focus on two of the most commonly found crystals: Amethyst and Citrine. I am sure you may have heard of one or two of these names. If not, by the end of this article, you will!
So, in this article, I will be giving plenty of information about each one, their crystal healing properties, how to look after them and where to buy. You have plenty to look forward to, I'm sure!
Citrine for Energy, Wealth and Abundance
Citrine is a yellow to orange crystal which can be bought as a cluster or a single point. Its yellow colour attracts happiness and wellbeing.
- Citrine is a very powerful, energetic and cleansing crystal which attracts and gives abundance and success to those that ask for it.
- Citrine is a huge energy booster. Great for getting up in the mornings, full of energy!
- It automatically dispels negative energy, making it a great crystal cleanser. Most crystals absorb negative energy and keep it within themselves, this negative energy makes the crystal weak. However, with citrine, it takes in the negative energy and dispels it. Place this crystal with others to cleanse the of their negative energy.
- Citrine attracts wealth, success and plentiful abundance.
- Citrine stimulates a creative mind, helping you with drawing, painting, writing, inventing and designing. Unleash your inner potential with citrine!
- Citrine boosts self-esteem and self-confidence, as it rids any negative energies coming your way.
How to Use It
- For more wealth, place a Citrine point or cluster in a money box, purse or wallet. This way the universe knows that you need a little extra cash, helping you on creating more abundance which leads to success.
- To tap into citrine's moving, happy, energy place it in your pocket and bring it with you everywhere. The crystal will bring comfort to you also.
- For maximum effect, citrine loves the sun, judging by its colour! So, charge it up by the windowsill and leave the sun's rays to penetrate into the crystal. Don't overdo this as the yellow/orange colour will wear after a while.
Amethyst: Relief from Stress and Anxiety
Amethyst is a light to dark purple semi-precious stone which can come as a geode, cluster or single point. It derives from the quartz family, as does Citrine and Amethyst has many, many healing properties. This crystal is associated with the planet Jupiter and is associated with the element of air.
- It is a powerful and protective stone, shielding you from psychic attack and spreading good energy.
- Amethyst relieves any stress or anxiety you may have. Its gentle vibrations are very comforting. It is a soothing stone, soothing you from anger, irritability and fear.
- It is a very spiritual crystal, helping the user to raise spiritual awareness and look deeper into life.
- It helps with insomnia, giving you a better nights sleep.
How to Use It
- For maximum effect, keep beside a citrine for a few hours to recharge its batteries.
- Keep an amethyst with you at all times, whether in your pocket, pencil case or purse to dispel any negative energies, stress, anxiety or fear.
- To sleep better, add an amethyst beside your bed, you will also feel re-energised the next morning!
How to Cleanse Your Crystals
Remember to cleanse your crystals every now and again. You can cleanse a citrine by placing it in the sun. You can cleanse other crystals by immersing them in seawater and leave there for a few hours. The seawater will take away any negative energies from the crystal and will recharge its batteries.
Or, alternatively, try placing them in running water or in soil. Those are other natural methods which work.
What would you like to do with your crystals?See results without voting
More by this Author
This article clearly explains what healing powers and properties Obsidian, Garnet and Jade have plus photographs of each crystal. Learn to harness the healing powers each crystal has...