Tarot for Love: Yes/No Answers
Tarot is renowned for giving in-depth advice for relationship issues. But what if you simply want a quick answer? What if your issue can be reduced to a yes or a no? Well, tarot cards are good for that too. Unsurprisingly, I like to call it yes/no tarot.
Having read the cards for so many years, I have developed my own instinctive system for questions that require an yes/no answer. It varies though—a card that says ‘yes’ for a question about finances may not be a ‘yes’ for a question about love.
Yes/no tarot readings require a single card. And that answer has to be accepted. You can’t keep drawing cards until you get one that gives you the answer you’d like. Believe me, I’ve done that too. Also bear in mind that some cards are non-committal; they may suggest ‘maybe’. In other words, give it time.
With all that said, here is my quick guide to tarot for love: yes/no answers. So if you have a question about love, get clear in your mind what it is you are asking, grab your deck and pick out a card.
Yes or No: The Major Arcana
- Fool -- Yes, take a chance on love. Go with how you feel.
- Magician -- Yes, you have the power to make this relationship work.
- High Priestess -- Perhaps. You must take it slowly and follow your inner guidance. But you knew that, right?
- Empress -- Yes, go for it with passion, but don’t forget the birth control.
- Emperor -- No, there are external pressures to deal with first.
- Hierophant -- Maybe. Seek advice from one who has a neutral perspective.
- Lovers -- Hell, yes. But wait, if this is a life changing choice then make sure you consider all possible outcomes.
- Chariot -- Maybe. You are in control here and need to navigate your way forward carefully.
- Strength -- Yes, you may have to use your powers of persuasion to get your erstwhile lover to come round to your way of thinking.
- Hermit -- No, you must spend some time working through your issues alone before you can share your life with another. Learn to love yourself first.
- Wheel of Fortune -- Yes. No. Maybe. Choose another card. Yes, I know what I said before, but in this case, feel free.
- Justice -- Yes, if they are available. No if they are not.
- Hanged Man -- No, it’s not happening yet, but give it time. Things change.
- Death -- No. Something has to end before a new relationship can begin.
- Temperance -- Yes, the chemistry’s right. You are a good match.
- Devil — No. You have to let this go. It’s not good for you.
- Tower -- No, this could be a destructive relationship.
- Star -- Yes, love is all around. Feel it permeate your whole being.
- Moon -- Maybe. There is much confusion. Let some time pass and you will know more clearly what you want.
- Sun -- Yes, all is well. Have fun, enjoy it. It might be temporary.
- Judgment -- Yes, you are being strongly called forward.
- World -- Yes, though you may feel you are stuck in a holding pattern. That’s okay, all is happening for your benefit. You are exactly where you are meant to be.
Yes or No: Wands
- Ace of Wands -- Yes. Yes! Yeeesss! I’ll have some of what she’s having.
- Two of Wands -- No, not yet. Possibly not ever. Circumstances are not in your favor.
- Three of Wands -- Possibly. You’ve done all that you can, now you have to wait and see.
- Four of Wands -- Yes, and have fun with it all. There is cause for celebration.
- Five of Wands -- No, there are challenges to be dealt with. You may have competition.
- Six of Wands -- Yes, everything is in place. Go for it.
- Seven of Wands -- No, there’s too much at stake right now.
- Eight of Wands -- Yes, but you must set your priorities right from the start.
- Nine of Wands -- No, you are not ready to go back into the romantic arena. You are hurting too much.
- Ten of Wands -- No. Either you have too many responsibilities or you need to heal first.
- Page of Wands — Yes, life’s an adventure; don’t let this one go.
- Knight of Wands -- Yes, if you want a quick fling. No, if you want a long-term relationship. This one's a butterfly.
- Queen of Wands -- Yes, be your gorgeous sexy self.
- King of Wands -- Yes, but don’t let the other person push you around.
Yes or No: Cups
- Ace of Cups -- Yes, your cup of love floweth over.
- Two of Cups -- Yes, this is it.
- Three of Cups -- Yes, but you have to find the right balance between your romance and your long-standing friendships.
- Four of Cups -- No, heal your heart.
- Five of Cups -- No, wait until you feel better.
- Six of Cups -- Yes. This could be unconditional love.
- Seven of Cups -- Maybe - once you can make up your mind.
- Eight of Cups -- No, you have to walk away from this one, even if it breaks your heart.
- Nine of Cups -- Yes, if you feel it’s a positive thing. No, if you don’t. You are in the right place for you. It’s all good.
- Ten of Cups -- Yes, this is a keeper.
- Page of Cups -- Yes, though there may be some soul searching required.
- Knight of Cups -- Yes, but the romance may not last. This one’s all show.
- Queen of Cups -- Yes, but the emotional commitment may be one-sided.
- King of Cups -- Yes, this person is your harbor in a tempest.
Yes or No: Swords
- Ace of Swords -- Maybe, wait a day or two and you may receive a revelation that will affect your decision.
- Two of Swords -- No, you are not seeing things properly. Don’t let yourself be blinded by love.
- Three of Swords -- No, you have some thinking to do. There could be a communication issue going on.
- Four of Swords -- No, you need time to heal and recuperate.
- Five of Swords -- No, this person is not being honest.
- Six of Swords -- Yes, you are moving towards a better future. Take it slowly.
- Seven of Swords -- Yes, possibly, but check his or her history.
- Eight of Swords -- No, you have got yourself into a situation and you must get out of it. There is a way forward.
- Nine of Swords -- No, beware of using this relationship as an escape route.
- Ten of Swords -- Yes, perhaps this is what you need to move on with your life.
- Page of Swords -- Yes, but be prepared for it to be feisty.
- Knight of Swords -- Yes, as long as you can live with their intense focus on their missions and goals.
- Queen of Swords -- Yes, and know that both partners must be transparent and honest.
- King of Swords -- Yes, this might be meeting of formidable intellects.
Yes or No: Pentacles
- Ace of Pentacles -- Yes, this is a new beginning. There may be nest-building ahead.
- Two of Pentacles -- Yes, if you have time for this.
- Three of Pentacles -- Yes, but you might need help to attract his or her interest.
- Four of Pentacles -- No, it’s not going to happen unless you get out more.
- Five of Pentacles -- Maybe. Life is tough at the moment, so perhaps this person will help you through.
- Six of Pentacles -- Yes, but do be careful that you are not being taken advantage of.
- Seven of Pentacles -- Yes, it’s what you’ve been patiently waiting for.
- Eight of Pentacles -- No, you have to focus on your education or career right now.
- Nine of Pentacles -- Yes, you are ideally placed to take this forward. Or, you might not even feel the need for anyone else at this time.
- Ten of Pentacles -- Yes, everyone approves. Bring them into the family.
- Page of Pentacles -- Yes, this will be a journey of discovery.
- Knight of Pentacles -- Yes, this person has hidden depths. Enjoy the dive.
- Queen of Pentacles -- Yes, if you are ready to settle down.
- King of Pentacles -- Yes, this one has a lot to give and is very generous. Keep your feet firmly planted and be realistic.
A Note About Reversals
When drawing a single card, you can ignore reversals. After all, you might have been holding the deck around the wrong way. The 78 cards of the tarot cover all aspects of life perfectly without the need for reversals in any case.
So, if you flip a card for a yes/no question(or for any one-card reading), and it comes out upside down, just turn it around.
Did You Get Your Answer?
Hope the above was useful and you got your question answered.
Please note: the Question & Answer section is for queries about how to learn to read the cards. It's not a free reading service, or for me to interpret your cards for you. That's your job :)
Questions & Answers
Does the Page of Pentacles show that my ex is coming back to me?
The Page of Pentacles tells you that either you or your ex are about to embark on a voyage of discovery. So, right now, no, there's no sign that your ex will return. However, that could change in a few weeks. Meanwhile, you may find someone else or take on some new absorbing project.Helpful 4
- Helpful 1
For a love reading between the situation of me and my Partner, the three of wands was drawn. Upon asking for clarifiers the three of cups in reverse came up with the ten of cups. I pulled a clarifier for that and the two of Wands in reverse appeared. Does that mean there was a third party situation coming to an end for us to move forward as a happy couple?
Okay, so you drew the Three of Wands but you haven't said what that meant to you. This is why drawing extra cards 'for clarification' almost never works. Instead of taking the answer given by the first card, people keep drawing more cards. Hence more confusion. Unless you set your initial intention to draw four cards, then the other three mean nothing.
If it's a one-card reading (requiring a yes/no answer), go with the first card. If the situation is more complex, you need a dedicated spread to get the best from the cards.
I also doubt very much that if there has been a third party involved recently that any couple could move forward happily.
To clarify, the Three of Wands means that one or both of you is involved in other things outside of the relationship. Usually work, or study, travel, new opportunities, or something else that is connected with planning for the future.Helpful 9
What is the meaning of the Lovers card in tarot?
The Lovers card is one with many layers. On the surface, it means a deep, connected love. However, it's associated with the sign of Gemini, the Twins. Therefore, it can also mean facing a life-changing choice. Some older decks show a man trying to choose between two women.Helpful 5
What is the meaning of Ten of Swords reversed in regards to my marriage?
Ignore that the card is reversed. When drawing a single card, it's very likely you are holding the deck upside down. So always read it as if it were upright.
As the answer says above, this could be a new opportunity to move on. That doesn't mean the marriage will end, simply that you can use whatever is happening right now to make a huge change. It could, of course, mean it's over, or it could mean a completely new start. It is your joint decision.Helpful 4
© 2017 Bev G