How to Use a Pendulum for Divination or Dowsing
Use pendulum divination or dowsing to recover mislaid objects, resolve financial difficulties, reveal the gender of an unborn child, find out which foods are good for you, and much more!
The Pendulum's Accuracy
If you think pendulum divination or dowsing is nothing more than a load of hocus-pocus, think again. Because of its uncanny accuracy, it's a highly regarded resource in the sciences of psychology, geology, archaeology, physics, medicine, and criminology.
Of course, science leaves nothing to chance, and certainly doesn't rely on "magic." Tools or devices used must be scientifically justifiable, including dowsing instruments.
How the Pendulum Works
The pendulum is a tool for tapping into the subconscious, which is much more knowing than the conscious mind. That's why it's often said that we know much more than we think we do.
When holding a pendulum, signals from the subconscious stimulate reflexes in the fine muscles of the fingers, thus causing the pendulum to move. This phenomenon is called "ideomotor response" or "ideomotor reflex."
Because the pendulum has nothing to do with witchcraft, supernaturalism, or mysticism, mastering it requires no special talent. It's a resource anybody can use to help recover mislaid objects, resolve financial difficulties, reveal the gender of an unborn child, determine an unrecorded time of birth, and much more.
What Is the Best Pendulum for Divination or Dowsing?
For questions that require a simple "yes" or "no," any object looped through a cord or chain of some description can serve as a pendulum; even a key dangled on a length of string. But you'll need a more delicate object to get detailed answers, like ascertaining an unknown time of birth or finding ways to raise funds during a financial crisis. It’s then that the pendulum has to respond to more subtle reflexes.
A pendulum should weigh about 20 grams (0.7 oz), and be attached to a chain of between 10 and 20 cm (4 to 8 inches). Because of its neutral magnetic character, brass is a good choice of material.
How to Get Accurate Results With the Pendulum
Although pendulum divination or dowsing is easy, the following points should be observed for accurate results:
- Never loan out or share a pendulum.
- Avoid pendulum divination directly before, during, or after a thunderstorm.
- When using a pendulum, keep metallic objects at a fair distance, and remove wrist watches and other jewelry.
- To prevent static build-up, never use a synthetic underlay like a plastic or polyester table-cloth. Wood provides the best surface.
- The subconscious does not recognize negative words, so avoid them in your questions. Suppose, for example, you have a food allergy: don’t ask what you cannot eat, but what you can; ask what is good for you and not what is not good or what is bad for you.
How to Get Started With the Pendulum
Before asking questions, you need to learn the pendulum's language and generally familiarize yourself with it.
Getting a Feel for the Pendulum
Begin by resting your elbows on a completely cleared table and taking the pendulum between the thumb and forefinger of your dominant hand. Place your other hand flat on the table and your feet on the ground. Simply holding the pendulum, get a feel for how it moves. You’ll find you don’t have to do anything to make this happen; it swings and rotates of its own accord.
Experimenting With the Pendulum
The following experiments will also help to familiarize you with the pendulum:
- Hold the pendulum over various objects. These may include a plant, your favorite book, or a glass of water. You’ll see that the pendulum moves differently depending on the vibrancy of each object. It's not the pendulum that's detecting these differences, but your subconscious, which is channeling signals to the pendulum. A dowsing rod works in the same way to detect water, oil, and ore.
- Place several photographs of people you know in a semi-circle on the table. Positioning the pendulum at the center, ask, for example, in which of the pictures your mother is. Wait for the pendulum to pick up momentum and it will soon swing toward the correct photo.
- Ask somebody to fill two of three cups with water and place them before you covered with coasters or beer mats. Now ask the pendulum which one is empty.
The Language of the Pendulum
The most important signals to understand are 'yes," "no," and "void." Signals vary from person to person, but these are the most common:
- Yes — a circular, clockwise motion
- Yes — to and fro in a vertical motion
- No — a circular, anti-clockwise motion
- No — to and fro in a horizontal motion
- Void — to and fro in a diagonal motion
- Void — a disorderly circular and diagonal motion
The best way to decipher your pendulum’s language is to simply ask which motion means "yes," "no," and "void."
How to Use Charts for Pendulum Divination
A pendulum divination chart is a semi-circle divided into segments, as illustrated below. To use, write all possible answers to your question in the segments, then hold the pendulum at the base of the chart and wait to see in which direction it moves.
Try not to use more than 20 segments, and always include one with the word "other."
The possibilities of questions to ask are endless:
- Perhaps you’re unsure of which name to give an expected baby boy. Fill the segments with the names you favor, e.g., Camlo, Jason, Sasha, David, James etc., and ask the pendulum which would suit the character of the child best.
- Or maybe you are in financial difficulties. Ask if you should sell the car, take out a bank loan, or re-mortgage the house.
- To find out your time of birth—perhaps for the purpose of compiling astrological charts—write an hour in each segment (1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m. … 1 p.m., 2 p.m. … ). For this, 24 segments are necessary.
The Pendulum Gender Test
The pendulum can tell you the gender of your unborn baby even during the early stages of pregnancy.
To carry out the test, lie down, hold the pendulum over your abdomen, and ask if it will be a boy or a girl. If the pendulum moves in a circular or eclipse motion, it's likely you're expecting a girl. It will be a boy if the movements are straight.
Finding Misplaced Objects
There are three ways to find misplaced objects using the pendulum:
- Sitting at a table, ask the pendulum in which direction the object is. It will point that way.
- Ask questions that require a "yes" or "no"—e.g.: Is it in the sitting room? Is it in the bedroom? Is it in the dining room?
- Take the pendulum around the area you believe the object was lost and wait for a signal (a sudden change of movement) at the exact point where the object can be found.
Predicting the Future With the Pendulum
Science prefers the word "dowsing," since "divination" suggests the foretelling of future events, which involves magic and mysticism. Use the word "divination" only in the sense of discovering hidden knowledge (knowledge buried within the subconscious) rather than knowledge that can't yet exist.
In fact, using the pendulum to predict the future and basing decisions upon results can prove very dangerous. It's probably the best way, for example, to lose a fortune at the races.
The pendulum can be fun, but always use sensibly!
Questions & Answers
© 2015 Camlo De Ville