What Do the Colours in Dreams Mean?
Brief Explanation of Colors in Dreams
When the colour beige appears in dreams, it often represents the basics, the essentials of life—the barest form or ‘bare bones’.
Black is the colour of the unconscious, mystery, change and protection. It resonates with indifference, gloom, death, darkness, obscurity and secrecy.
3. Black and White
To dream in black and white can suggest that you need to be more objective in formulating your choices and decisions.
The colour blue vibrates with the energies of wisdom, truth, heaven, devotion, eternity, tranquillity, loyalty, openness, receptivity and loyalty.
The colour brown denotes practicality, domestic bliss, worldliness, conservatism and being ‘down to earth’.
Dreaming of burgundy can be indicative of your personal power and potential.
Dreaming of fuchsia may suggest the letting go of the ‘old’ to allow in the ‘new’.
Dreaming of the colour gold can signify your determined nature and ability to connect with the spiritual and angelic realms for guidance and support.
Green symbolizes growth, positive change, healing and peace.
The colour grey, when appearing in your dreams, may be symbolizing your individualism.
Indigo is the colour of heightened spirituality, divine guidance and protection.
Ivory suggests a superiority complex and feelings of being ‘better’ than others.
Magenta represents compassion, thoughtfulness and kindness.
To see the colour mauve in your dreams is a sign or message that you are to clear away any negative thoughts and energies.
The colour maroon represents courage, bravery, heroism and inner strength.
Orange symbolizes friendliness and sociability.
The colour peach represents love, wisdom and innocence.
Pink is the colour of love, happiness and joy, kindness and affection.
Purple resonates with power and inspiration.
A rainbow appearing in a dream denotes blessings from the heavens, and often represents the 7 main chakras of the human body being open and operating at their optimum.
Red can symbolize courage, passion and emotional relationships. Red is also the colour of danger. Red represents energy and vitality, action, fire, blood, anger, wine and powerful sexuality.
The colour silver is symbolic of protective energies and represents justice and purity.
The colour teal signifies devotion, healing and trustworthiness.
The colour turquoise is symbolic of karma, natural energies and healing power and abilities.
The colour violet represents high spirituality, purification, affection, gentleness, charm and peacefulness.
White is often regarded as the colour of truth and purity, innocence and completeness. The colour white is symbolic of perfection, peace, dignity, awareness and new beginnings.
Positively, seeing yellow in a dream may suggest happiness and joy, agility, harmony, wisdom, energy and the intellect. If the dream is unpleasant in nature, seeing yellow can represent disgrace, deceit, disgrace, betrayal, cowardice and illness or sickness.
1. Meaning of Beige in Dreams
- When the colour beige appears in dreams, it often represents the basics, the essentials of life, the barest form or ‘bare bones’.
- Beige presenting in your dream may indicate a neutral or unbiased view or position on a matter or in a situation.
2. What Does Black Mean in Dreams?
- Black is the colour of the unconscious, mystery, change and protection. It resonates with indifference, gloom, death, darkness, obscurity and secrecy.
- Black is often associated with death or major changes. Seeing black in your dream may represent the death of old ideas and/or the endings of a situation or phase in your life.
- Seeing the colour black in your dreams may also suggest a hidden or rejected aspect of yourself.
- Black can symbolize the unconscious, hidden things, the unknown and endings. Black appearing in dreams invites us to delve deeply in the subconscious mind in order to gain a better understanding of the ‘Self’.
- Black appearing in your dreams may be representing potentials and possibilities and may be symbolic of a ‘clean slate’ or ‘blank slate’.
- Within the context of the dream theme, seeing black can suggest Divine qualities and heightening spirituality.
3. What If the Dream Is in Black and White?
- To dream in black and white can suggest that you need to be more objective in formulating your choices and decisions. It may imply that you are too rigid and/or unyielding in your thought processes and may need to find balance and a place of reference. Consider the opinions and views of others to gain perspective.
- Dreaming in black and white may be a sign of sadness, melancholy and/or depression. You may feel as though there is not enough excitement, variety or colour in your life.
4. Meaning of Seeing Blue in Your Dreams
- The colour blue vibrates with the energies of wisdom, truth, heaven, devotion, eternity, tranquillity, loyalty, openness, receptivity and loyalty.
- Seeing blue in your dreams may suggest a feeling, need or desire to get away from a situation.
- Blue in your dreams may symbolize your Spirit Guide (or a higher spiritual beings) guiding you.
- The colour blue appearing in dreams may symbolize your Spirit Guide and Divine life path and soul mission. It also suggests clarity of mind and optimism for the future.
- Alternatively, dreaming of blue may be suggesting ‘being blue’ or ‘feeling blue’.
- Blue can also suggest optimism about the future and suggests clarity of mind.
- Alternatively, the colour blue may be a metaphor for ‘feeling blue’ or ‘being blue’.
- Wearing light blue in your dreams symbolizes your personal creativity and suggests that you are a person who likes to pace yourself in all that you do in your waking life.
- The colour blue is a conceptual colour that urges us to seek our inner-truths. When blue appears in your dreams it helps you to attain inner-peace and harmony, mental security and a desire for deeper understanding.
- Blue is stimulating to our spiritual security. If there is a long of blue in your dream it allows for composure, patience, gentleness and contentment.
- Navy blue can be seen as a rigid or stoic colour and seen in dreams, navy blue can represent lack of individuality and conformity.
- The colour blue appearing in dreams inspires: love, kindness and compassion, wisdom, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, healing, contemplation and sensitivity.
- Seeing blue in your dreams releases fear and anxiety, self-pity, self-rejection, worry, depression and detachment, passivity, coldness and isolation.
5. Meaning of the Colour Brown
- Brown resonates with the introverted, concealment (as in identity), sensation and material items. The colour brown denotes practicality, domestic bliss, worldliness, conservatism and being ‘down to earth’.
- Seeing brown in your dreams may be suggesting that you get ‘back to basics’.
6. Meaning of the Colour Burgundy
- The colour burgundy appearing in dreams can symbolize success, wealth, abundance and prosperity.
- Dreaming of burgundy can be indicative of your personal power and potential.
7. What Does Fuchsia Mean in Dreams?
- The colour fuchsia represents your connection to your spirituality and emotional stability.
- Dreaming of fuchsia may suggest the letting go of the ‘old’ to allow in the ‘new’.
8. Gold's Meaning
- Gold represent the Sun, the royal way and spiritual enlightenment. Spiritually, the colour gold reflects richness, refinement, rewards and enhancement.
- Dreaming of the colour gold can signify your determined nature and ability to connect with the spiritual and angelic realms for guidance and support.
9. Dreaming of Green
- Green symbolizes growth, positive change, healing and peace. Seeing green in your dream may suggest or symbolize your efforts to establish your independence or gain personal recognition.
- Green resonates with natural life, vigour, growth, hope, good health, healing and balance and when appearing in dreams symbolizes and stimulates feelings of love, harmony, peace and personal growth.
- Green seen within a dream is beneficial for healing any deep brooding feelings of regret and/or remorse.
- Green appearing in dreams helps with overcoming and limiting attachments. Green energy is very healing on feelings of self-doubt and insecurity. Overall, the colour green is a very healing energy and vibration to experience in your dreams.
- The colour green signifies positive changes, growth and fertility, peace and serenity. Dreaming of the colour green may be giving you the ‘green light’, implying that you are to go ahead with current plans.
- Seeing green in your dreams can be implying that you are inexperienced or lack experience is some way.
- Green appearing in your dreams may be symbolic of your ambitions and establishing your own independence.
- Green appearing in your dreams may be suggesting that there is a need to balance your masculine and feminine aspects and attributes.
- The colour green can be symbolic of money and wealth and is also the colour of envy and jealousy, depending upon the tone or theme of the dream.
- Dark green can indicate materialistic tendencies, deceit and difficulties with sharing.
- Olive green symbolizes natural inner-wisdom and ‘Zen’. Appearing in a dream, the colour olive green may be suggesting that you need to achieve peace in your environment in order to gain equilibrium.
- Seeing green in your dreams inspires generosity, vitality, power, expansion, encouragement, open-heartedness, a need to nurture, compassion and empathy, sharing, harmony, balance and growth.
- Green appearing in dreams releases possessiveness and jealousy, selfish attachment, envy, insecurity, mistrust and self-doubt.
10. Seeing Grey When Sleeping
- Grey often symbolizes a lack of clarity and feeling confused, but alternatively, also symbolizes deep inner-wisdom. Seeing the colour grey in a dream may suggest being emotionally detached to something, a situation or someone.
- It may also indicate feelings of fear, depression, confusion or ill-health.
- The colour grey indicates depression, fear and fright, ill-health, confusion and ambivalence.
- Dreaming of grey may be indicating that you are feeling isolated, detached and/or emotionally distant.
- The colour grey, when appearing in your dreams, may be symbolizing your individualism.
11. Meaning of Indigo in Dreams
- Indigo is the colour of heightened spirituality and Divine guidance and protection.
- Listen carefully and take special notice of dreams containing indigo, purple and violet.
12. What Does Ivory Symbolize?
- Ivory seen in dreams can sometimes suggest a superiority complex and feelings of being ‘better’ than others.
13. Meaning of Magenta
- Magenta represents compassion, thoughtfulness and kindness.
- Seeing magenta in your dreams may be a sign that you are stepping out of a dark time into brighter, happier ones.
14. What's the Importance of the Colour Mauve?
- To see the colour mauve in your dreams is a sign or message that you are to clear away any negative thoughts and energies and adopt a positive and optimistic attitude and mind-set.
15. Maroon in Dreams
- The colour maroon represents courage and bravery, heroism and inner-strength.
- Seeing it in your dreams may suggest an upcoming event or situation that will challenge you on many levels.
16. The Meaning of Orange
- Orange symbolizes friendliness and sociability. Seeing orange in a dream may be showing you new interests and/or things that you are comfortable with. It may also suggest that you are leaning towards taking up a new interest or project.
- The colour orange implies occult power as well as passion, courage and achievement.
- Orange in a dream corresponds with warmth and stimulation and is a happy, joyous colour.
- Seeing orange in a dream stimulates expansiveness, optimism and emotional balance.
- Orange seen in a dream often suggests ambition and exploration, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- If you are someone who has a tendency to be mistrusting or suspicious, or if you are seeking more personal power, seeing orange in a dream can assist in creating balance, discernment and discrimination.
- The healing, yet stimulating affects of the colour orange, when appearing in a dream, may stimulate inner-knowing and enhances intuition.
- The colour orange denotes friendliness, hope, courtesy, sociability, liveliness and exuberance. Orange also stimulates all of our senses.
- Seeing orange in your dreams may be a message that you desire to broaden your horizons. It is time to look to new interests and attractions.
- The colour orange appearing in your dreams inspires enthusiasm and optimism, courage, victory, confidence, encouragement, abundant supply, attraction, kindness and expansion.
- Seeing orange in dreams releases mistrust, a superiority complex, power-seeking pride and superficiality.
17. Meaning of the Colour Peach
- The colour peach represents love, wisdom and innocence.
- Dreaming of peaches or peach coloured items may be pointing out your nurturing and caring nature, and is a prompt to put them to good use.
18. What Does the Colour Pink Mean?
- Pink is the colour of love, happiness and joy, kindness and affection.
- Dreaming of pink can imply falling in love or being in love and the associated emotions.
- Disliking the colour pink, and seeing it in your dreams may be implying problems to do with your parents (predominantly with the mother figure or maternal side) and/or dependency issues.
19. What Is Purple Symbolic of?
- Purple resonates with power and inspiration.
- The colour purple is most deeply associated with dreams and dreaming. Listen carefully and take special notice of dreams containing purple, indigo and violet.
- Seeing purple in our dreams stimulate our need to feel at one with the Universe, and to have harmonious relationships.
- Purple has soothing, calming and comforting effects and seeing purple in a dream may indicate psychic awareness and intuition.
- When seeing purple in a dream you may be seeing the future as these dreams are often prophetic. Purple stimulates our spiritual perspective and intuition.
- Purple is the colour of devotion, Divine healing and healing abilities, love, kindness, compassion and care. Purple is also the colour or royalty, justice, wealth, dignity and integrity.
- Dreaming of purple may be imply that your spiritual side needs to be explored and expanded. Always trust your intuition.
- Take special note of dreams with a prevalence of the colour purple.
- Purple appearing in your dreams inspires inspiration and vision, faith and trust in the future, sensitivity to the spiritual realms and psychic abilities.
- Seeing purple in your dreams releases confusion (brings clarity), lack of discipline, resentment and contempt, arrogance, pride and forgetfulness.
20. What Do Rainbow Colours Symbolize?
- A rainbow appearing in a dream denotes blessings from the heavens, and often represents the 7 main Chakras of the human body being open and operating at their optimum or are in the process of being cleared and/or healed.
- Dreaming of a rainbow or rainbow colours may suggest a pact or agreement, a promise or solemn oath.
- A rainbow always suggest a bright, or brighter, future.
21. What Is Red Symbolic of?
- Red can symbolize courage, passion and emotional relationships.
- Red is also the colour of danger. Red represents energy and vitality, action, fire, blood, anger, wine and powerful sexuality.
- When seeing red in your dream you may wish to consider what your personal associations are with the colour red to decipher whether it symbolizes love and passion, or caution and danger.
- Seeing a predominance of red, or a distinctive object or symbol in red indicates energy and reaction as well as passion and anger.
- A clear red in a dream can symbolize pure anger. A muddy or murky red may suggest repressed and/or suppressed anger. Red in your dream may represent aggression, sensation and physical strength.
- Having red appear in a dream can be revitalizing and stimulating, motivating action.
- Red vibrates with raw energy, intense passion, aggression, courage, power and impulsiveness. The colour red has deep spiritual and emotional connotations and stimulates all of our senses.
- The phrase ‘seeing red’ suggests anger, and seeing it in a dream can suggest unresolved issues.
- Appearing in a dream, red may be implying that you need to stop and think about your actions, and consequent re-actions.
- If you are a person inclined to dwell in the past, seeing red in your dreams helps to bring you into the present moment.
- Seeing the colour red in dreams inspires determination, honour, willpower, freedom, activity, strength, independence, initiative, leadership, passion, energy, anger and motivation.
- Red appearing in a dream releases anger and frustration, confusion, destructive feelings, revenge, rebellion, impatience and impulsiveness.
22. Meaning of the Colour Silver
- The colour silver is symbolic of protective energies.
- It represents justice and purity.
23. What Is Teal Representative of?
- The colour teal signifies devotion, healing and trustworthiness.
- Teal also signifies spiritual guidance and spiritual teachings.
24. What Is Turquoise Symbolic of?
- The colour turquoise is symbolic of karma, natural energies and healing power and abilities.
- Teal is associated with the Sun, fire and masculine energies.
- Depending upon the context or theme of the dream, seeing teal may indicate that you are shutting off your emotions and not allowing others in.
- It may also suggest that you fear upcoming changes in your life.
25. What Does the Colour Violet Represent?
- Violet is the highest spiritual colour and seeing brighter shades helps to inspire and stimulate us and opens the channel for communicating with the angelic and spiritual realms.
- The colour violet represents high spirituality, purification, affection, gentleness, charm and peacefulness.
- Dreaming of violet urges you to listen to your intuitive urgings and prompts as they are leading you along your Divine life path and soul purpose.
- Seeing darker shades of violet in your dreams may suggest a person who feels as though they have many obstacles to overcome and/or feeling misunderstood.
- Listen carefully and take special notice of dreams containing violet, indigo and purple.
26. The Symbolic Meaning of the Colour White
- White is often regarded as the colour of truth and purity, innocence and completeness.
- The colour white is symbolic of perfection, peace, dignity, awareness and new beginnings.
- Dreaming of white may be implying that you are experiencing a reawakening and/or a fresh outlook on life.
- Seeing white in your dreams may also be a suggestion that something is being covered-up or hidden; as in ‘white-washed’.
- White appearing in your dreams can also be indicative of a ‘clean slate’ or ‘blank canvas’ on which to begin or start anew.
- Seeing white in your dreams may be a subconscious message to find the truth to a matter or situation, or to seek your own personal truths.
- Seeing white within a dream relates to the imagination, and its effects on us stimulates creativity, Divine realization and humility.
- When appearing in dreams leads us towards higher spiritual attunement and Divine love. Dreaming of white can be a great healing colour for a person with a negative self-image as white has the power of transformation.
- Seeing white in our dreams inspires intuition, creativity, Divine guidance, meditation, reflection, inner-wisdom, grace and dignity and spiritual unity.
- White appearing in dreams releases restrictions, intolerance, martyrdom, a critical and/or negative view.
27. What Does Yellow Mean in Dreams?
- The colour yellow carries both positive and negative connotations, depending upon the theme or context of the dream.
- Positively, seeing yellow in a dream may suggest happiness and joy, agility, harmony, wisdom, energy and the intellect. If the dream is unpleasant in nature, seeing yellow can represent disgrace, deceit, disgrace, betrayal, cowardice and illness or sickness.
- Seeing yellow in your dreams may suggest a fear or inability to make a choice or decision, or to take necessary action/s.
- It may be implying that your desire to please others is making you at risk of sacrificing your own needs and inner-happiness. As a result, challenges and set-backs may appear in your life.
- To dream of being in a yellow room suggests that you are to utilize your intuition, personal creativity and initiative to get things done. It tells of mental stimulation.
- Yellow symbolizes the intellect, energy, inner-wisdom and happiness. Seeing yellow in a pleasant and/or happy dream can suggest the intuition and intuitive messages that foretell of blessings and glad tidings.
- In an unpleasant or sad dream, seeing yellow may suggest sickness to come, or cowardice in a real life situation.
- Yellow represents the extrovert and an extroverted personality, mental power and agility, determination, and negatively, cowardice.
- Seeing yellow in a dream relates to our intellectual thinking process and stimulates logical linear thinking.
- The colour yellow stimulates left-brain activity, active intelligence, organisation, attention to detail, evaluation, sincerity and harmony, praise, administration, heightened expression and personal freedom.
- When yellow appears in dreams it must often suggests happiness, inner-joy and blessings.
- The healing power of the colour yellow, when appearing in dreams, works on both known and unknown fears.
- Yellow in your dreams will gradually release the tension from an accumulation of fearful experiences.
- Seeing yellow in a dream inspires joy and optimism, expression, ability, attention to detail, active intelligence, evaluation, discipline, organization and administration.
- The colour yellow appearing in dreams releases constriction and restriction, sorrow, selfishness and selfish judgement, bitterness, cynicism and criticism. Understanding the energy and vibration of colour is understanding the essence of energy.