Numerology: Numbers in Dreams
What It Means to See Numbers or Series of Numbers in Your Dream
Numbers play an important role in our dreams, and each number has its own spiritual power, vibration, and significance.
Essentially, numbers are symbols. Numbers can represent stages of spiritual growth and the archetypal energies of the collective unconscious.
How Numbers Might Appear
There are some different ways numbers can appear, including (but not limited to):
- In a series or sequence
- As a number of characters
- A repeating sequence
- A number of objects
What Numbers Can Signify
- Numbers can refer to our age, indicate a house number or address, or signify when an event took or will take place.
- They can indicate the date of a significant event like an anniversary, birthday, or something similar.
- Numbers may have a personal significance associated with them which should also be taken into account in their interpretation.
- Numbers can also play a time-keeping role in our dreams and may give clues to events that have taken place during the waking hours. Most dreams draw on recent events and memories, generally ones that have occurred within the past week.
- Many of us have a 'lucky number.' When we dream of our lucky number, our subconscious mind may be helping us make major decisions and life choices.
How to Analyze Numbers in Dreams
Patterns and repeating sequences in our dreams can reveal patterns in the occurrences in our lives.
- When examining the numbers that appear in your dreams, look at each individual number. For example, if the number 26 appears, investigate the meanings of both number 2 and number 6. For added insight, numerology suggests you add the digits together, reducing them to a single digit; in this case, eight. Then look at the meaning of the single digit eight.
- In another context, explore the possibility that the numbers appearing in your dreams may indicate a significant event, date, age, or anniversary. A dream number may also symbolize a specific item or number of items, like the number of children about to enter your life.
- In some lines of thought, odd numbers are sometimes considered to be more aggressive or ‘negative,' while even numbers are considered more tranquil or ‘positive.'
Listen to your intuition and inner wisdom when deciphering and interpreting the meaning of numbers appearing in your dreams. Our dreams are as unique as we are and have personal significance.
How Do You Dream of Numbers?
Individual Numbers, Their Meanings, and Possible Interpretations: Zero
- Origin and Completion: The digit 0 represents the circle of life, returning to source, continuation, and the female sex. It can also indicate circles, wholeness, infinity, and eternity.
- Wholeness: Depending upon the context of the dream, seeing 0’s appear in your dreams may imply that you are experiencing a feeling of wholeness and completeness.
- Going in Circles: Zero may also suggest ‘going in circles’ in your life.
- Connectedness: Number 1 is the number from which all manifestation begins. When it appears in a dream either as a single digit or repeatedly in a sequence (like 1, 11, 111, 111, 111, etc.), it is a reminder that we are all connected. This is known as the ‘Collective Unconscious.'
- Desires: If you dream of the number one, it may also be implying that you need to watch your thoughts and focus on your true heart’s desires, so that they can manifest in your life. When 1’s appear in your dreams, it signifies that an energetic gateway has opened up for you and that your thoughts and focus will manifest rapidly in your life. Therefore, choose your thoughts wisely, ensuring that they are a true representation of your heart’s desires. Do not focus on any negatives as these can manifest just as quickly as positives.
- Individuality: The number one stands for autonomy, originality, the ego, confidence, and individuality. Seeing the number 1 in your dreams may suggest that you are on a winning streak. This number also indicates independence, oneness or unity, individuality, self-development, progress, and creativity. It may suggest a need to develop your individuality and creativity.
- Spirituality: This number might suggest that you develop your intuitive and clairvoyant abilities and grow spiritually. It could also mean that you need to pay attention to your repetitive ideas and thoughts as they hold the solutions and answers to your prayers.
- Success and Skill: The number one may be implying that a new level or skill will soon be achieved or reached, or that success in business is imminent.
- New Journeys: The number one can denote the beginning of a journey, something that can be exciting and exhilarating. However, this journey may bring the challenge of isolation and loneliness that you must overcome and learn from.
- Self-Doubt, the Self, and Selfishness: Depending upon the context or theme of the dream, this number may suggest the challenge of self-doubt and low self-esteem. The number 1 may imply that the dreamer only cares about themselves and needs to learn to consider others, or it may signify solitude or loneliness.
- Balance and Soul: The number 2 signifies balance, partnership, receptivity, diversity, and soul. It carries the vibrations of service to others, as well as faith and trust. Two is also the number that reflects your Divine life purpose and soul mission.
- Male and Female: Seeing 2’s in a dream resonates with the balance of male and female energies, the Yin and Yang energies of the Universe, self-surrender and putting others before yourself.
- Faith, Trust and Patience: Seeing 2’s in your dreams asks you to have faith and trust in the Universe as your prayers are manifesting in your waking life. You may need to be patient, but trust that all will turn out for your highest good.
- Unions and Partnerships: The number 2 appearing in a dream can suggest things appearing in twos (such as twins) as well as unions and partnerships. This can include new relationships, commitments, engagements, and marriages.
- Balance: The number two may suggest finding balance and ‘standing on your own two feet’ (ie. learning personal responsibility).
- New Opportunities and Ideas: Repeating 2’s tell of manifesting miracles and new opportunities. Stay strong in your personal truths to manifest positive outcomes. This number can also indicate that new ideas and concepts are beginning to take shape and grow into reality. Maintain a positive attitude and outlook and continue your good work in order to manifest your desires. The time to reap your reward is just ahead of you.
- Conflict, Indecision, and Complications: Depending on the context of the dream, the number two may suggest a conflict with another and may be implying weakness. It may indicate indecision or a lack of independence about important things. It also may suggest complications that need to be dealt with diplomatically.
- Union: The number 3 represents the union of mind, body, and soul, and the Holy Trinity. It resonates with the Ascended Masters.
- Growth, Expansion, and Fruition: Number 3 symbolizes the principles of growth, expansion, and manifesting abundance. When it appears in a dream, the number three may be a message that your ideals and visions are coming to fruition in your life. Threes, or a series of threes, appearing in your dreams indicates self-discipline through service to others, manifesting abundance, productivity, and unity.
- The Ascended Masters: Seeing 3’s in your dreams implies that the Ascended Masters are working closely with you, guiding, encouraging, and supporting you. This number may be suggesting that your prayers have been heard and are being responded to and answered.
- Vitality and Motivation: This number suggests vitality, motivation, enthusiasm, creativity and experience.
- Self-Improvement and Aspiration: If you're seeing threes in your dreams, it maybe indicate themes that have to do with commitment, improving yourself, and meditation. It is also a message that ‘all things are possible.' When you start noticing 3’s in your dreams, take notice of your true goals and aspirations, and know that they are attainable.
- New Directions: If you are considering new directions, seeing 3’s in your dreams suggests that your wishes will come to fruition and the changes will be successful.
- Asking for Help: Seeing repeating 3’s in a dream is a message that help, guidance, and assistance is available to you, always. All you need to do is ask.
- Luck After Continued Effort: Dreaming of the number 3 may be suggesting ‘third time lucky' or 'third time's the charm.'
- Scattered Energy: Depending upon the context of the dream, when number 3 appears it may be a sign scattered energies and communication problems. 3’s appearing in dreams may imply the challenge of separation from reality and a lack of grounding.
- Strength with Limitations: Number 4 is a number of solidity and great strength, but it can also symbolize a sense of restriction and limitations. 4’s appearing in your dreams may be suggesting that you ‘look outside the box.'
- Diligent Work: Number 4 encourages us to work diligently, yet harmoniously, to achieve our goals. It also symbolizes putting ideas into practical form. Number 4 is also the vibration of illumination and initiation.
- Guidance and Support: The number four appearing in your dreams is an indication that you are being guided and supported in your endeavours. Trust that your hard work and efforts will bring well-earned rewards.
- Comfort and Stability: The single digit 4, or a series of 4’s, appearing in your dreams may suggest comfort and stability in your life.
- Hard Work and Achievement: Seeing 4’s appearing in a dream suggests using hard work, will, and personal effort to achieve long-term goals and aspirations. Fours appearing in a dream can tell of building strong foundations and working to achieve goals and dreams.
- Success: The number 4, or repeating 4’s, in a dream is an indication that all is as it should be. Projects that you have been working on will be successful, and you will be pleased with the long-term results. Have faith and trust in your abilities.
- Inflexibility: Fours in a dream may also suggest limitations and restrictions; take note of any feelings of inflexibility or of holding yourself back. For example, you may not be giving yourself enough credit for a situation, or you may not be allowing yourself to attain your goals, aspirations, or personal potential.
- Energy: The appearance of 5's in dreams suggests activity, impulsiveness, energy, changes, a free soul, self-emancipation, resourcefulness, and curiosity.
- Adventure and Change: Number 5 tells of adventure, life changes, freedom, spontaneity, and action. The number may be suggesting changes coming up in your life or life path that may alter your course. Dreaming of the number 5 may be a premonition of important discoveries, adventures, and actions to be taken in waking life.
- Life Lessons: 5’s appearing in a dream may be suggesting that you are learning your life lessons through your experiences.
- Self-Awareness: This number may be suggesting that you become more in-tune to your five senses and that you need to pursue your personal truths and freedom.
- Breaking Free: The number 5 may be expressing an internal desire to ‘break free' from the old constraints and restraints that have been holding you back. It may be telling you that you need to begin living your life with passion and purpose.
- Major Life Changes: 5 may suggest personal freedom and major life changes. It implies that the changes ahead of you will bring about auspicious opportunities and feelings of personal satisfaction. Positive changes are heading your way.
- The Need for Change: When the number five appears in your dreams, it may imply the need for change, variety, and new growth. It signifies better things are coming into your life. These changes may come about with unexpected haste and in unusual ways, but they will bring positive energies and opportunities that will propel you in the right direction along your life path.
- Lack of Focus, Materialism, or Hedonism: Depending on the dream, 5’s may be suggesting a lack of focus and a materialistic outlook on life; they may also be pointing out over-indulgence, hedonism, addictive, and compulsive behaviours that need to be addressed.
- Co-operation: Number 6 resonates with co-operation, union, love, home, family and domesticity, ownership, and the monetary aspects of life.
- Union: Number 6 symbolizes the union of opposites within us, and the integration of our true selves. 6’s appearing in a reading may be suggesting responsibilities, burdens, partnerships and creative collaboration.
- Self-harmony: Sixes in dreams, alone or in sequences, indicate self-harmony, meeting responsibilities, love and abundance, or sometimes domestic harmony and goodwill.
- Stability and Abundance: Dreaming of the number 6 may be implying that stability is needed in all areas of your life. It may also be a message that your monetary and material needs will be met. Be grateful for your blessings to encourage further abundance.
- A New Love or Relationship: The presence of the number 6 in a dream can imply that ‘new love’ will enter your life soon. 6’s appearing in dreams can also speak of family matters coming full circle, a new addition to the home or a new friendship, and of achieving desires in regards to the home, family, and social life.
- The Need for Balance: 6’s and series of repeating 6’s appearing in dreams suggests that you need to find a balance between your goals and ideals, and your inner, spiritual self. The number 6 may be indicating that your thoughts are out of balance and that you are placing too much focus on the material side of life. Look to serving humanity and fostering your spiritual growth and expansion. Focus on spirit and service and your material and emotional needs will be automatically met as a result.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Dreaming of the number 6, depending upon the theme or context, may tell of unrealistic expectations, difficulty accepting love and support and feelings of depletion and of nothing left to give.
- The 'God Spark': 6’s appearing in dreams indicates Dharma, love, forgiveness, and compassion. It suggests a need to go within to find the ‘God spark’.
- The Inner Self and Rebirth: In dreams, the mystical number 7 speaks of our inner-selves and inner-wisdom, birth and re-birth, sacred vows, solitude, spiritual awakening, and enlightenment.
- Healing and Spiritual Growth: The number also suggests healing, spiritual knowledge, and intuition. It may be indicating a spiritual growth spurt and attuning to the spiritual realms. It may be suggesting that you pay attention to your inner-growth and intuition and that you continue growing spiritually towards enlightenment.
- The Need for Enlightenment: Sevens appearing in a dream may indicate a need to meditate and go within in order to find a greater spiritual awareness and enlightenment. Meditation can take the form of contemplation and deep thought, prayer, faith, intuitive and inner searching, questioning, and the like.
- The Good to Come: Dreaming of the number 7 tells of a beneficial time to come, obstacles overcome and successes realized.
- On the Right Divine Path: This number can be an indication that you are on the Divine path that is right for you. Keep up the great work that you’ve been doing and positive things will continue to flow into your life that will help and assist you along your journey. Seven is a message to continue on your current path as you have been manifesting positive energies. You may find that positive things naturally flow towards you in your life.
- Overcoming Obstacles: Repeating 7’s in a dream suggest that your ambitions will be realized and all obstacles will be overcome with enough strength of purpose. Dreaming of the number 7 may be a sign that you will overcome any hindrances and concerns in the very near future. Listen to your intuition for guidance and solutions.
- Fruition: The number 7 is a message that you are on the right path and are doing very well. Your positive efforts and hard work will bring you well-earned rewards, and your wishes and true desires are coming to fruition. Sevens are an extremely positive sign and suggest self-satisfaction, inner joy and blessings.
- Isolation: Depending upon the theme or story of the dream, sevens may also tell of feelings of being misunderstood by others, isolation and separateness, and/or difficulty in maintaining relationships.
- Success, Authority, and Cosmic Consciousness: Number 8 carries the energies of success, material wealth, authority and power, abundance, infinity, karma and cosmic consciousness.
- Abundance: Eight is the number of abundance, which may manifest in the form of happiness, money, love, bliss . . . whatever your true heart desires. The number 8 is an auspicious symbol of reaping rewards, attracting your desires, and personal improvement.
- Intuition and Self-Trust: Eights appearing in a dream suggests that you trust your intuition and instincts to manifest your desires. They may indicate that success, wealth, and abundance is on its way into your life. When the number 8 appears in your dreams it is a message to trust your intuition and instincts and to take appropriate action.
- Fruition: The number 8 may suggest goals coming to fruition and a state of completeness. Dreaming of the number 8 may also imply that an auspicious offer or windfall is coming your way.
- Needs Being Met: Eights appearing in dreams may be an indication that material and financial abundance are on their way into your life. Trust that all of your wants and needs will be met.
- Reward for Hard Work: Seeing the number 8 in dreams suggests that you will be rewarded for work well done.
- Keep Reaching for Your Full Potential: Repeating 8’s appearing in dreams may be a message to keep your finances in check to ensure a solid foundation for yourself and your loved ones. Although the Universal Energies always ensure that you are supported, it is your personal responsibility to make sure that you are living up to your full potential.
- Abuse of Power: Number 8 presenting in your dreams (depending upon the context of the dream) may suggest an abuse of power and authority or being overbearing and bossy.
- Greed: The single digit 8 or a series of 8’s appearing in a dream may also indicate the challenges of greed, avarice, hoarding and holding onto old things, and withholding love and affection.
When the number 8 appears in your dreams, it is a message to trust your intuition and instincts, and take appropriate action.
- Service and Humanitarian Actions: Nine is the humanitarian number and indicates service to others, completions and endings, leadership, inspiration, closure, and living as a positive example for others to follow.
- Spiritual Awakening: Nine is the number of spiritual awakening, Universal Spiritual Laws, and Lightworking. Seeing 9’s appearing in dreams may be a prompt to get on with your Divine life purpose.
- Endings and the Beginning of New Life: As number 9 represents endings and completions, one of its messages is that all things must come to an end in order for new beginnings to occur. Seeing 9’s may suggest that a phase or cycle of your life is ending or coming to completion and that there is the promise of ‘new’ to come. If you are feeling any trepidation or anxiety about what the future holds, rest assured that all will work out for your highest good. You simply must prepare yourself and your life accordingly. Similarly, dreaming of the number 9 may indicate a situation or relationship that is no longer positively serving you, and that is drawing to an end.
- Divine Life Purpose: The appearance of the number 9 may indicate that the dreamer is spiritually advanced. It is a suggestion that the dreamer follow their life path and soul purpose. Dreaming of the number 9 can imply that you yearn to see improvement in the world and wish to participate as per your Divine life purpose and soul mission. It is time to put your natural skills, talents and abilities to good use in serving humanity. Seeing 9’s in dreams is a message encouraging you to follow your intuitive promptings with regard to your life path and soul purpose. Set a positive example and be a torchbearer, lighting and illuminating the way for others to follow. Seeing 9’s in dreams is a message to fully embark upon your sacred soul mission without further delay or hesitation, and shine your light brightly for the benefit of yourself and others.
- Live Up to Your Potential: Seeing the number 9 in your dreams means you are being asked to live up to your full potential.
- Intolerance of Others: The number nine may also suggest being unsympathetic, intolerant and/or possessive of others and their ideas and values.
- Wholeness: The number ten appearing in sequences or repeatedly in dreams suggests wholeness and perfection.
- Spiritual Enlightenment: The karmic Master Teacher Number 11 resonates with spiritual enlightenment, mastery, intuition, and personal creativity. Seeing the karmic Master Builder Number 11 appearing in our dreams indicates self-illumination, intuition, and insight.
- Partnerships or Thirst for Spiritual Awakening: 11’s appearing in dreams may be suggesting partnerships, equality, and balance. It may also indicate a thirst for spiritual awakening and advancement.
- New Opportunities: 11 appearing in your dream may indicate new occurrences, opportunities, and/or progress.
- Self-Mastery and Mental Capacity: The Master Builder Number 22 denotes our knowledge, intelligence, and mental capacity. Seeing the karmic Master Teacher Number 22 appearing in dreams suggests self-mastery and the knowledge that ‘all things are possible.'
- The Need for Practicality: Number 22 may be indicating that you need to be more practical and/or goal-oriented in your life.
- Spiritual Wisdom: The karmic Master Number 33 appearing in a dream indicates our inner-sanctuary, the spiritual teacher, and spiritual wisdom.
© 2011 Joanne Sacred Scribes