How to Read and See Aura Energy
What Is an Aura?
Energy. It’s all around us, it is us, it is constantly moving and changing. Everything emits energy. It has been referred to as Prana, Chi, Ka, among other names by various religions. An aura is a vibration of the energy field surrounding matter, living and non-living. An aura can be seen as a solid color or layers of colors around matter. It can be faint, indirect, or a sophisticated luminous radiation, with color points often appearing within a 2-3 ft. of a field, particularly above the head or where bare skin is exposed (when viewing living matter). These vibrations consist of electromagnetic radiation, extending from microwave to infrared and UV light. Low frequency microwave and infrared parts of the spectrum, or body heat seem to relate to the lower levels of our bodily functions (circulation, DNA structure, metabolism) and the high frequency (UV part) relates to our conscious activity (emotions, thinking, creativity, intentions).
Auras can be seen around humans, plants, and even inanimate objects. They are also seen around non-living objects (crystals, stones, fire, water, even air) but these are fundamentally fixed. They don't change unless altered by conscious human intent which is then infused into the nonliving material. When you read an aura, you're essentially reading the energy vibration field surrounding matter.
For some, reading auras comes as a natural ability. For others, it takes some practice. But it is something that can be learned once you've trained your eyes and it is available for all to see. After all, it is part of nature and what we are. Children see auras very well but usually lose this vision once peripheral site is no longer exercised. I have been seeing auras since around the age of 12. Sometimes I see them intensely and sometimes not very well at all. Sometimes I see energy "in the air," like grayish smoke mist, or a heat wave. There really is no other way to describe it. Sometimes it shimmers, sparkles, swirls, or spikes.
Reading an aura and discerning information is the tricky part! Discerning what is and what isn't truth is the challenge. It's important to take into consideration what colors mean personally to you. Although many colors invoke certain emotions, pay attention to what they mean for you. As an example, red for some may mean love or passion. For another "antenna," which is what you are if you pick up this information, red may mean hatred, malice or envy. Follow your instincts. When viewing a color, notice what message seeing it may mean for you. Does it give you information that you can pass on to others? Does it offer solutions to heal, restore, and strengthen their energy field? If no solution is available, sometimes it is best to keep your reading to yourself. There are also different layers of the body that will show emotional or etheric auras, for the purpose of this article, we'll cover emotional layers. They tend to show up quickly and change rapidly, just like human emotions.
What Weakens an Aura?
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Low frequency emotions-anger, greed, hatred, envy, etc..
- Fear and stress
- Very loud noise
- Physical illness and disease
Why Read an Aura?
Besides being fun and entertaining, it can help you interact with your environment and people. By gauging someones mood you can react accordingly. When reading auras you can create the most emotionally beneficial situation and produce desired outcomes almost every time you interact with others. A person can lie, but an aura cannot. In a way, it is a changing spiritual fingerprint. There are stable bases, and then other levels that fluctuate depending on mood. Auras reveal intent and cannot be faked. Everyone has one, but some are dull or weak. Undeveloped consciousness will weaken an aura. Having lower vibration emotions such as fear, envy, hatred, jealousy, and other similar emotions will also lessen the aura field. Reading auras can also help heal, at times even diagnose problems or sickness in the body long before physical symptoms have even appeared. By controlling your own aura you can also heal yourself. But the best benefit comes from gaining awareness about nature, spiritual enlightenment, and development as well as higher vibration consciousness, raising our frequencies to that of spirituality, love, trust, compassion, honesty, integrity, and the capacity of being non-judgmental.
You can begin to easily see and read energy auras. Here's how.
Place the below picture 1-2 ft in front of yourself. Focus on the center black dot for 60 seconds. Resist the desire to look anywhere else. Just focus. Observe the circles as you focus on the dot and notice any colors changing around the circles. This happens because peripheral sensors (that are often not used) in the eye begin being stimulated. When you begin to see human or object auras, they will resemble what you see around these circles. With practice they will appear clearer and more intense.
This exercise is harder. Practice in intervals to avoid headaches, 1-2 minutes, then 3-5 minutes (best without blinking), and work your way up to 25-45 minutes. Once you can do this, you will notice a huge improvement on your auric ability.
- With the next photo, the goal will be to improve the communication between the left and right brain hemispheres, increasing your natural ability to see auras. Place this picture, like the other, about 1-2 ft in front of you. Overlook the circle, you should see a total of 3 or 4 circles become visible (for children of the 90's, you'll remember this as "magic eye"), now adjust your vision to overlap the circles. What you should see is one circle with what appears to have a cross in the center. Once this appears, you will know that your two brain hemispheres are communicating. Initially the cross will be unstable, you may see the horizontal line better than the vertical line or vice versa. Adjust the distance as needed to obtain maintaining a balanced cross.
- One line in the cross will usually appear "in front" of the other. This means, one of your brain hemispheres is more dominant. Try and focus on getting the "hidden" line in front as much as possible. The final goal is to achieve and maintain a completely balanced cross. What you will notice is improved concentration, awareness, and sensitivity. Bright backgrounds will become pink or dark purple in color.
Exercise Two Picture
What You Should See
Tips to improve your reading
- Practice stimulating your peripheral vision (with suggested exercises).
Set the Mood
Once you're comfortable with the two concentration exercises you should begin looking at human and object Auras.
Set the mood, and relax. Sometimes a quick 10-15 minute meditation can help you get into your "right" brain. Dim the lights, bright light you may find distracting until you're good at reading. Go for candle light, or natural sunlight, those work well. The ideal is not to dark, not to bright. You're looking for soft and uniform, no shadows.
Reading an Aura
- Stand about 5-7ft from the object/person you are reading.
- Have them in front of a solid colored background, darker colors or white are the only ones you should use. Avoid busy patterned backgrounds, this will cause color combining and confusion. It is also helpful if your human subject is not wearing busy patterned clothing.
- With a relaxed gaze, focus on your subject. Paying specific attention to what you see in your peripheral vision, like you did in the concentration exercises. If reading a person, focus on their nose, if the nose is distracting, focus on the “third eye” or spot between and slightly above the eyebrows. If you're reading yourself, put your hand in front of that "blank" background, and focus on the center of your palm. You may "sense" the aura and not actually see it, this works differently for everyone.
- As an aura appears, you're most likely to see a half inch or less radiance surrounding the subject. At first, it may appear a single color (most common is white/blue/gray or clear), filmy, cloudy, or fuzzy. Until you are used to seeing the Aura, it will most likely vanish when you lose your focus. With practice, multiple colors will begin to emerge, and the Aura will appear larger and more solid. Remember, you need to train your eyes. Be patient and practice.
- After concentrating long enough, close your eyes. For a second or two you will only see the Aura. You have only seconds to observe this because your photosensitive cells will stop vibrating and sending visual sensations to the brain. If you miss it, start over. Record what you see in a notebook if needed to decipher later. Pay attention to any particular strong color points you see near or surrounding the head.
Sensors in our eyes (blue, red, green) are vibration sensors which are non-linear and have memory. The downside to this memory is that those sensors vibrate and fluctuate for several seconds after the stimulation has stopped.
This memory of visual stimulation is called an after-image. After images have the same silhouette or outline as original images. After image of a subject surrounded by its aura however is larger than the original image. To avoid capturing the after image, it is imperative to focus on one spot when watching the aura and resist the urge to change focal points, otherwise the image may become confused with the afterimage of the subject.
- red gives turquoise
- pink gives green
- green gives pink
- turquoise gives red
- orange gives blue
- blue gives orange
- yellow gives violet
- violet gives yellow
What Does it Mean?
Auras surround the entire body. Most people have one or two dominating Aura colors (see auric pairs). Often they are their favorite colors or show up as Auric pairs, or are base colors. Aura colors are associated with Chakra centers in the body, but I won't go into that here. This is a very basic description and does not take into consideration other things often seen in auras-such as spindles, spikes, lines, stars, rainbows, geometric shapes, holes voids, or dark spots. Colors often appear in bursts or clusters together which can help determine what issues they relate to.
Colors and what they symbolize
- Brown: unsettling, distracting, materialistic, negating spirituality. Grounding, stable, materialistic, hardworking.
- Gray: Depression, unclear intentions, addiction, malevolence. Depression, boredom, vague, unsure, possible intoxication or addiction, ambivalence.
- Sulfur (a brownish yellow color): anger, physical pain or lack of contentment.
- White: disease, intoxication (substance abuse), lack of harmony or balance with the mind or body. It has been said that before death, the Aura becomes white. On the positive side-purity, hope, peace, growth, protection, balance, transition, health.
- Purple/Indigo/Violet: indicates spirituality. Royalty, high frequency, connection, source, humility, nobility. Purple is one of the few colors to naturally appear in nature. It appears sometimes in those that are highly spiritual/religious, but also indicates growth on a soul level. It is a very protective color.
- Blue: Balance, sustained life, relaxed nervous system, transmitting force and energy. Balance of thought and mind, also survival. Electric blue can override any color in the Aura. Relaxed, open, peaceful, tranquil, absorbing.
- Turquoise: indicates dynamic quality of being, high energy, capable of projecting emotions and influencing others. It also suggests organization and boredom when forced to concentrate on one thing. Turquoise also seems to be a rare color to appear in the aura. Some state that this color has ancient roots, and indicates and "old soul".
- Green: restful, peaceful, reshaping energy, natural healing ability. Strong green points suggest a gift toward natural healing. The stronger the green, the better the healer. Healing, peace, love for and connection with nature, comfort. Green can also mean-jealousy, and indicate financial concerns or issues.
- Yellow: Inner joy, freedom, contentment, non-attachment. People with yellow points are full of joy, generous and not easily attached to things. A yellow halo is thought to be a sign or signature of a spiritual teacher. Buddha and Christ had yellow halos which has been depicted in many works of art. Happiness, joy, playfulness, intelligence, sharp and studious mind, discipline, security, protection. enlightenment, divine energy.
- Orange: Creativity, uplifting, controlling, absorbing, Inspiring. Orange Aura is a sign of power, and the ability or desire to control. Like red, orange is also very dense, points toward sensuality, sexuality, freedom loving, free spirit, sometimes scattered energy, a bird that cannot be caged.
- Red: Regards the physical body and materialistic thoughts. Love, passion, physical strength, endurance. It can also indicate, pain/injury to a specific part of the body, rage, anger, hostility and conflict.
- Pink Balance between the physical materialistic and spiritual awareness. Pink is very innocent and loving. When you see pink in an aura, this color corresponds to a very loving and unselfish person. Could also mean that they are "in love".
Can you read Auras
Can you read Auras?See results without voting
© 2014 Rebecca
More by this Author
Burning sage should be done to keep yourself and environment balanced. It promotes maintaining a peaceful state of being, and clears negative energy. Think of it as "spiritual house cleaning".
A generalization of predicting someone's sun sign or ascendant based on physical and personality characteristics.
Being an Empath is much more common than people realize. Here are the basic traits, signs, and solutions on living with being emotionally hypersensitive.