I have a strong interest in astrology and I love sharing my knowledge with others.
What Does an Ascendant in Sagittarius Reveal?
The rising sign is indicative of how the world views you. It primarily reveals your moods and inner child. The rising sign, also called the ascendant, is the zodiac sign or constellation that was rising in the east at the exact time of your birth and in the exact place of your birth. It is the first house of your natal or birth chart. The natal chart is a view of the sky from when you were born. It consists of twelve unique houses with several astrological planets placed in them. In addition to the influences of the planets in the houses, the aspects between the planets also contribute to an individual’s personality traits, likes and dislikes, moods, and beliefs. Your natal chart is like your individual fingerprint. The rising sign is just as, or more important than your Moon and Sun signs. In ancient astrology, the rising sign was used instead of your Sun sign as used in modern times. You can be quite different from what your Sun sign indicates if the Sun, Moon, and rising are different in your birth chart.
Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the zodiac and is a fire sign. Sagittarius rising people insist on a calm and peaceful home life. They enjoy teaching their values to their children and encourage positive outlets for them through sports, the performing arts, or other physical activities. Those who were born at a time when the Sagittarius was rising in the eastern sky generally choose a mate who can communicate well and who is highly intelligent. They do very well in choosing careers in the fields of business, teaching, research, or law.
Those with an ascendant in Sagittarius tend to be very conservative with their finances. They rarely spend money on frivolous things because they are so disciplined, and they are less materialistic than most. They are extremely philosophical and live by their beliefs. They thrive on the belief in a higher power and like to study the religions of the world. They are, in fact, the most spiritual of all the zodiac signs and, almost always, believe in only one God. Sagittarius ascendant people are naturally wise and usually earn a degree in higher education. They prefer to communicate with those who are as intelligent as they are, and they view conversing with a lesser-intelligent person as a waste of time. If they cannot learn something from someone, they are not interested in being in contact with that person.
- Jaclyn Smith—Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces
- Angelina Jolie—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Aries
- Linda Carter—Sun in Leo and Moon in Aries
- Lucy Lawless—Sun in Aries and Moon in Aries
- Demi Moore—Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Taurus
- Jodie Foster—Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Virgo
- Nicholas Cage—Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Scorpio
- Ingrid Bergman—Sun in Virgo and Moon in Aries
- Joan Collins—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Taurus
- Paris Hilton—Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Leo
- Vanessa Williams—Sun in Pisces and Moon in Sagittarius
- Stacy Keach—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Virgo
- Jamie Lee Curtis—Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Aries
- Ray Liotta—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Libra
Famous People With Sagittarius Rising
- Bruce Lee—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Scorpio
- Chuck Norris—Sun in Pisces and Moon in Aries
- Elvis Presley—Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Pisces
- Priscilla Presley—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Scorpio
- Prince William—Sun in Cancer and Moon in Cancer
- Lady Diana Spencer—Sun in Cancer and Moon in Aquarius
- Freddie Mercury—Sun in Virgo and Moon in Sagittarius
- Lauren Graham—Sun in Pisces and Moon in Libra
- Alexis Bledel—Sun in Virgo and Moon in Virgo
- Jimi Hendrix—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Cancer
- Jacqueline Bisset—Sun in Virgo and Moon in Leo
- Paul Hogan—Sun in Libra and Moon in Leo
- Joe DiMaggio—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Pisces
- Elizabeth Taylor—Sun in Pisces and Moon in Scorpio
- Goldie Hawn—Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Gemini
- Ted Turner—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Libra
- Jude Law—Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Libra
- Alec Baldwin—Sun in Aries and Moon in Libra
- Alyssa Milano—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Gemini
- Joe Namath—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Taurus
- Brooke Shields—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Gemini
- Carol Alt—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Taurus
- Courteney Cox—Sun in Gemini and Moon in Virgo
- Shirley Temple Black—Sun in Taurus and Moon in Gemini
- Pierce Brosnan—Sun in Taurus and Moon in Gemini
- Tyra Banks—Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Aries
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I hope the read was helpful and encouraging. I invite you to make a comment in the noted section below. Your opinion is respected and appreciated.
Additionally, if you would like to read more of my astrology articles, please see my profile page. Thanks again!
"Be kind to one another."
"God bless you."
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Wanda on May 28, 2018:
So, I have Sagittarius Rising and Sag moon... I do NOT believe in only one god... When young, I did, but, as I reached my late teens, I had "questions"....but, after being introduced to Astrology and then, receiving a B.S. in Psychology, I read much more in the way of the different religions... anthropology. This has taken me to a much broader understanding of life after death... and I have gone through a stage of testing out atheism... although, I came back from that rather quickly... In other words, I have done the very Sagittarian thing of studying/researching philosophy, religion, the occult practices and science (my Sun is in Scorpio.)…. but I definitely do not believe in just one god... and I even question as to whether there is an "entity" at all... that I really do not believe... I go more toward different DIMENSIONS...
Lucas on March 07, 2018:
Hello, could you do a hub page on libra ascendant?
Pamela Noble on December 10, 2016:
Prince WIlliam is Sun Gemini, June 21st. He is one day older than I. I have Sun cancer and Moon cancer.
I wonder, given all the celebrities you have selected, if you may reveal or know of any less famous Sag rising humans?