Sylvia Sky is a widely published author of books and articles about spiritual matters.
Most Determined People in the Zodiac, for Good or Evil
People born from April 20th to April 24th of any year are hardwired to win any argument and vault any obstacle. They combine boldness and cleverness with staying power. Competitors should prepare for defeat or just let them win, because those born on these dates are unstoppable—even if competing for the title of "the most evil" or "the most pathetic." Famous people born April 20-24, on the Aries-Taurus cusp, include:
- Adolf Hitler (April 20) Unattractive, bitter loser who couldn't get into art school became history's most genocidal dictator and near-ruler of the world; made his own birthday a national holiday.
- Queen Elizabeth II (April 21) Forced at age 26 into a position she did not want, she keeps the monarchy's dignity despite family scandals and potshots and will not step down or die until her successor is established to her own satisfaction.
- Catherine the Great (April 21) Clever German princess inherited Russia's throne and turned Russia into a great European power and cultural force.
- Jack Nicholson (April 22) Tough-guy actor who in his 70s still succeeds in every role. Nominated for 12 acting Oscars and has won three.
- Vladimir Lenin (April 22) Political revolutionary who without radio or television mobilized grassroots revolutions and founded the Soviet Union, changing the world forever; led the Red Terror.
- Queen Isabella of Spain (April 22) Co-ruler of Spain with her husband Ferdinand, she used her own money to fund the voyages of Christopher Columbus, paying him only after the first voyage was successful.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (April 22) Physicist leader of the team that developed the atomic bomb.
- Bettie Page (April 22) Top pin-up model of the 1950s.
- Glen Campbell (April 22) Dirt-poor kid became the singing "Rhinestone Cowboy," and TV star, winning four Grammys in one year; was elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and although diagnosed with Alzheimer's released a new album.
- Otto Rank (April 22) Sigmund Freud's right-hand man and publisher, a fellow analyst, dared to become the first post-Freudian by declaring that the "here and now" mattered as much as the past.
- Aaron Spelling (April 22) Bullied child of immigrants became the producer of long-running mega-hit TV shows such as Mod Squad, Love Boat, Charlie's Angels, Dynasty, Starsky and Hutch, and 213 others and is still one of the 12 richest dead celebrities.
- Adam Lanza (April 22) Killer who massacred 27 schoolchildren and school staff before killing himself, at Sandy Hook School at Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012.
- Immanuel Kant (April 22) German philosopher of the 1700s who dared to say people should think for themselves, and championed reasoning.
- William Shakespeare (April 23) Wrote plays for the money. When London's theaters were closed because of plague, he wrote and published erotic poems to make money.
- Gigi Hadid (April 23) top U.S. supermodel; was discovered and began modeling at age two.
- Michael Moore (April 23) Unattractive working-class filmmaker stars in his own in-your-face liberal-political documentary films; Oscar winner and nominee; made four of the 10 top-moneymaking documentary films of all time.
- Shirley Temple Black (April 23) Hollywood superstar at age five, winner of a special Oscar at age seven. She lived it down, ran for U.S. Congress in 1967, and became a U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.
- Timothy McVeigh (April 23) U.S. domestic terrorist tried and executed for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
- Barbra Streisand (April 24) Path-breaking singer, film star and director, known for getting her way and co-starring with Hollywood's handsomest men.
- Kelly Clarkson (April 24) The first winner of the American Idol singing competition and one of the few winners who turned that achievement into a career.
- Phil Robertson (April 24) The outspoken, bearded Duck Dynasty patriarch and businessman refused a pro football career and holds a master's degree in education. As a reality-TV star he attracted 11 million fans.
How They Do It
The Aries-Taurus cusp is called "the power cusp," and even the least famous Aries-Taurus people hunger for power. While they seem to seek more and more money, respect, or fame, what they really want is to "be somebody." If one way is closed they try others. When they reach a goal they set others. Power and symbols of power are important to them. Cusp people I've known: An unemployed friend applied for security-guard jobs, but only those that let him carry a gun. A boss controlled every meeting and scene by always being late—but then again he had been willing to do all the work required to become the boss.
April 20-24 people are too practical to count on luck. After marrying a Russian prince, German-born Catherine the Great stayed up nights to learn Russian. It paid off: her subjects loved her for it. If no path is cut out for them, April 20-24 people design their own. Isabella's pre-marital contract made her sole ruler of parts of Spain. In the 1960s Barbra Streisand created her own offbeat TV specials and, because she wanted to, recorded an album of classical music that critics hated. She aspired to creating films, braving harsh criticism and succeeding like no other pop singer. Michael Moore's movies are not great works of art, but they do what he wants to do: get his points across.
Technically, their birthdays put most of these people in the "Taurus" category. According to astrology this accounts for their earthy stubbornness, ability to plan, and dedication to achievement. They know growth and success require ongoing efforts, and this is where they focus, because in the material world, this is what works. The trace amounts of Aries in their personalities lend them their energy and innovative spirits.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2011 Sylvia Sky
shb on May 24, 2015:
Also add a famous professional wrestler from wwe wrestling industry.
John cena .
As you mentioned: 'they combine boldness and cleverness with staying power'.
And this guy's been the perfect example of your description throughout his career in wwe overcoming every obstacle thrown in his way with unique persistant courage.
shb on May 24, 2015:
He realy knew how to respect others and be respected.
These people are grounded and steadfast with Taurian calmness yet with a spark of the signature originality and intelligence of Arians.
They're marvelous leaders.
shb on May 24, 2015:
I had an April 21st close relative.He's dead since 2008.May his soul rest in paradise.
He had such a strong yet humble personality with precise judgments about most of the life.
He was such an excellent administrator that you'll forget capricorns.
Beyoulou from Sunshine coast on August 30, 2014:
im april 23 and strongly relate yo this article. im not sure what my reising sign is, buti was born in Sydney Australia at approx. 8:40am in 1974. I have always felt that im destned for greatness, and reading this article has really confirmed this feeling
Sylvia Sky (author) from USA on July 08, 2014:
Danielle, find a counselor or psychologist to listen to you and help you with your depression. And, Danielle, they say that depression is not a sign of weakness but the result of having stayed too strong for too long.
Danielle on July 07, 2014:
I am clearly a cusp born April 20th I really do like myself because I'm a visionary person who works well under pressure and has a business mind outta this world at a young age I was fully into soulmates ect. But I'm truly glad I've grown out ta that u love hard and am totally committed to my family after losing them once and realizing how much they meant to me I use to be stubborn to a real REAL fault now I'm finally calming down and not as highstrung still stubborn but patient and steady now I'm now in this new endeavor of finally on the last leg of being a single mom of 4 disabled children whom I love encorperating them to be productive extinguished pillars of my rich community and in limbo about what to do with the rest of my life now since I'm about to obtain it back I know I need to play catch up for so many wasted struggling poverty ridden abused years of hell I was attending school and had to take off because my ailing mother and Syko sister also needed me which because of Gods intervention my persice planning and a little faith their both doing fine after relocating here to Florida I just wish sometimes that someone would give me a little help instead of always taking and expecting more and more and more from me very draining I also find that being centered mentally and spiritually helps a lot but like I was sayn I almost had everything neatly packaged in my life then my extended FAM needed me mom and sis now I'm off my rocker center I mean and on a depression I had everything on deck but now just a blur need prayer any suggestions
Sylvia Sky (author) from USA on September 16, 2013:
You like to issue challenges -- just like a Taurus with Mars in Aries!
a on September 15, 2013:
I am born on April 20th. I have my moon, sun, and mercury in Taurus, and my mars is in Aries. Beat that!
Sylvia Sky (author) from USA on May 27, 2013:
The calendar was not changed until 1582, and DaVinci was born long before then, in 1452, so his birthday is April 15.
??? on May 26, 2013:
And how about Leonardo da Vinci 23 April 1452 (April 15 Julian calendar)?
Sylvia Sky (author) from USA on April 19, 2012:
Cusper, thank you for your remarks. It didn't occur to me that this powerful cusp could be a burden. I would ask you, Cancer Moon, "What do you love?" and whatever it is I suggest applying your power to it. You might benefit from consulting an astrologer or Tarot reader -- but ONLY in your area, one you can meet in person and who will give you references. Online psychics are ripoffs.
Cusper on April 19, 2012:
Tomorrow is my birthday (20 April), same as Hitler. I almost hate my personality because it scares people off. Sometimes its advantageous only to scare off chancers and wrong-doers. But it also scares off all the other people with no ill intentions. People are scared of me and avoid me, period. And I'm scared of my own power also! I have a Cancer moon with very sensitive and intuitive emotions. I would know if someone is interested in me before any word has been spoken or any action taken, which also scared off potential mates. They just did not have the guts. Luckily I'm married today with a Taurus man (25 April) whom I love very much and who helps me subdue that fiery Aries side that can scorch me (and him) if and when I push myself too hard.
I've been raised by a very socially exceptable Pisces mother I'd always wanted and tried very hard to be like her. My younger sister is also very sociable (Cancer Sun, Libra Moon) or so she made me believe. That is where my sister got me down, showing off with her sociability and horde of friends.
Married life helped me to find my peaceful inner equilibrium. But I'm living like a recluse. I know I can be much greater than what I am know, and I have been in the past, but to what worth? Politics is not for me. I just want to do my job and get where I want to be financially without offending or hurting anyone. It is also a factor of the social code of where I live I think. In my country it is more exceptable to shut your mouth and go with the flow and be socially exceptable, rather than to make a stir. I think I'll do better in Europe.
I don't have good family relations, on the contrary, they don't know who I am, and I don't think they are at all interested!! I don't feel as if I ever got or get the credit that I should get for who I really am from my family, I've always just been pushed aside to lurk in the shadows when I was younger. My colleagues have the best idea of who I am because at work I have no choice but to strut my stuff.
Whatever, being an Aries/Taurus cusper is hard! It's good if things are going for you, but not if they aren't, which they usually don't.
jan on April 14, 2012:
wow, these cuspers are really unstoppable. they have everything: guts/courage, stamina, smarts, strength of will, stubbornnesss, the inexhaustable energy....it's almost inhuman.
cusp of power here on April 09, 2012:
We rock steady! ;-)
tb on October 19, 2011:
really great an new
princesswithapen on June 27, 2011:
Interesting facts and good hub, sylviasky.
Lyudmyla Hoffman from United States on June 26, 2011:
Loved it. Very cool facts! Now I'm curious to read about people born at the end of August... lol