I have a strong interest in astrology and I love sharing my knowledge with others.
What Does an Ascendant in Taurus Reveal?
Your rising sign is the Zodiac sign or constellation that was rising over the eastern horizon at the time of your birth. This sign is just as important as your moon sign and your sun sign. The rising rules your inner child and your emotions. Therefore, you can feel and sometimes behave much differently than what your sun sign indicates if the Sun and Earth’s eastern horizon were in different constellations when you were born. The rising sign is the beginning of the first house in your natal, or birth chart. A natal chart is a map of the sky at the exact moment you were born.
Taurus is the second sign of the Zodiac. It is an earth sign and quite grounded, disciplined, and realistic. Because Taurus is ruled by the astrological planet Venus, someone with a Taurus rising will make it obvious that they enjoy the finer, prettier things in life. They are very attached to their possessions, and spend their time shopping or creating while wearing aesthetically pleasing clothing and jewelry. Their personal appearance is important to them.
Those with the Ascendant in Taurus in their birth tend to be very responsible people. Security is extremely important to them. Financial security is especially important to them. You will find that those with a Taurus Ascendant usually have a hefty savings account that they will never touch. They must be financially secure in order to be happy.
A person with a Taurus rising loves to love. These people are sensitive and kind making great health care providers, counselors, and veterinarians. They are generally organized and professional in business. They are no nonsense people as well. Do your job, be responsible, look nice, and you will enjoy the company of one or more persons with Taurus rising in their birth charts.
The Taurus Glyph
More by Mmargie1966:
- How to Understand a Taurus Moon Sign
If you wonder why you feel more like a Taurus and less like your Sun sign, you may have a Moon placement in Taurus.
- How to Understand a Taurus Man
Find out a bit more about your stocky, muscular Mr. Taurus? Bull the Beautiful!
- How to Understand a Taurus Woman
Are you capable of taking care of the most expensive woman in the Zodiac? Fortunately, there are other aspects in her birth chart that just may reduce her natural desire for spending.
Famous People With Taurus Rising
- Mae West: Sun in Leo & Moon in Scorpio
- Carl Sagan: Sun in Scorpio & Moon in Sagittarius
- George Lucas: Sun in Taurus & Moon in Aquarius
- Jack Benny: Sun in Aquarius & Moon in Gemini
- Cloris Leachman: Sun in Taurus & Moon in Sagittarius
- Julian Lennon: Sun in Aries & Moon in Libra
- Humphrey Bogart: Sun in Capricorn & Moon in Libra
- Angela Davis: Sun in Aquarius & Moon in Aquarius
- Dionne Warwick: Sun in Sagittarius & Moon in Taurus
- Nikola Tesla: Sun in Cancer & Moon in Libra
- Paulo Coelho: Sun in Virgo & Moon in Sagittarius
- Peter O’Toole: Sun in Leo & Moon in Leo
- Roddy McDowell: Sun in Virgo & Moon in Scorpio
- Bobby Darin: Sun in Taurus & Moon in Aquarius
- Angie Dickenson: Sun in Libra & Moon in Taurus
- Dan Rather: Sun in Scorpio & Moon in Cancer
The Importance of the Sunrise
Read More From Exemplore
I hope this piece was helpful, entertaining, and encouraging to you. As always, your opinion is welcomed and appreciated. If you so choose please leave a suggestion, comment, or constructive criticism in the section specified below.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2013 Mmargie1966
Amara on October 06, 2019:
@Monique it means you are a gemini rising but in sidereal/vedic astrology your a taurus rising..you have both qualities of both signs..
Monique on October 24, 2018:
Ok what’s western astrology says I’m a rising Gemini but Vedic astrology says I’m a Taurus rising I agree with both but what do you think? Birthday 1/10/1997 Bronx New York Time of Birth 1:47pm
Mari on August 01, 2018: