How to Understand a Scorpio Rising Sign
What Does an Ascendant in Scorpio Reveal?
The rising sign is usually what the world sees in you. It represents your inner child and your emotions. The rising sign, also called the Ascendant, is the Zodiac sign or constellation that was rising over the eastern horizon at the exact time of your birth. It is indicated as the first house of your natal or birth chart. The natal chart is a map of the sky at the exact moment you were born in the exact place you were born. This sign is just as important as your Moon and Sun signs. In ancient astrology, the rising Sign was used as your personality guide instead of your Sun Sign as believed in modern times.
Scorpio is the eighth sign of the Zodiac, and is a water sign. Those with an Ascendant in Scorpio tend to make wise financial investments including purchases of real estate. They make terrific fire fighters, law enforcement officers, attorneys, and detectives. Scorpio Rising signs can also be a bit on the paranoid side. They are deliberate and careful communicators, always using caution when they choose their words. They will never give up a secret especially when it involves them. Not only are they secretive, they can have quite an explosive temperament when they are unable to get what they want or are threatened. This rising sign is the physical fighter and can be the most violent of the Zodiac. Because they are so intense and secretive, they have natural tendencies of self destructive behavior. Most others will rarely, or sometimes never, know if a person with Scorpio rising is “self medicating” with drugs or alcohol. They are quite dominant in personality and can be downright mean at times unless there are other planetary placements in their birth charts that are more influential in calming their mean streaks. They make ruthless enemies so it isn’t advisable to cross them.
Those who were born at a time when the Scorpio was rising in the Earth’s eastern sky are inquisitive and like to research to get to the absolute truth. They are extremely deep feeling creatures. Of all the water signs, Scorpio represents ice; cold and hard in appearance with an underflow of turmoil and choppy waters. These folks are also very smart and usually excel in academics. Good grades in school are in abundant for children born with this sign rising. They do not, however, necessarily expect the same from their own children. They allow their children to be creative and encourage them to pursue whatever it is they are good at. They will deeply love and protect their spouse and family. The Scorpio Ascendant enjoys partners who are very good looking. Those married to one of these people would do best if they are strong and determined in their opinions otherwise they won’t earn much respect from their Scorpio rising spouse. If you want a life of passion and adventure, by all means, find yourself a mate with a Scorpio rising sign, if you dare.
The Scorpio Glyph
Famous People With Scorpio Rising
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis – Sun in Leo and Moon in Aries
- Prince – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Pisces
- Adolph Hitler – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Capricorn
- Matthew McConaughey – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Virgo
- Napoleon Bonaparte – Sun in Leo and Moon in Capricorn
- Joan Crawford – Sun in Aries and Moon in Pisces
- Sigmund Freud – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Gemini
- Al Pacino – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Sagittarius
- Angela Lansbury – Sun in Libra and Moon in Libra
- Burt Reynolds – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Libra
- Diana Ross – Sun in Aries and Moon in Taurus
- Ashton Kutcher – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Libra
- Charles Chaplin – Sun in Aries and Moon in Scorpio
- Margaret Thatcher – Sun in Libra and Moon in Leo
- Sylvester Stallone – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Libra
- George Harrison – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Scorpio
- Tracey Ullman – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Capricorn
- Groucho Marx – Sun in Libra and Moon in Gemini
- Bette Davis – Sun in Aries and Moon in Gemini
- Michael Douglas – Sun in Libra and Moon in Capricorn
- Gloria Steinem – Sun in Aries and Moon in Leo
- Robin Gibb – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Aquarius
- Katharine Hepburn – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Taurus
- Benito Mussolini – Sun in Leo and Moon in Gemini
- Ronald Reagan – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Taurus
- Helen Hunt – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Aries
- Rod Stewart – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Scorpio
- Richard Gere – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Sagittarius
- Martha Stewart – Sun in Leo and Moon in Sagittarius
- Susan Hayward – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Scorpio
More Articles on Scorpios
I hope you found this article to be helpful and encouraging. Your opinion is always welcomed and appreciated, so please leave your opinion, a suggestion, a comment, or share your own story in the comments section below.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan