I have a strong interest in astrology and I love sharing my knowledge with others.
What Does an Ascendant in Gemini Reveal?
The rising sign, which is also called the ascendant, is the beginning of the first house in your natal, or birth chart. A natal chart is a map of the sky at the exact moment you were born. Your rising sign is the zodiac sign or constellation that was rising over the eastern horizon at the exact moment of your birth. The ascendant rules your inner child and your emotions. Therefore, you can feel and sometimes behave much differently than what your Sun sign indicates if the Sun and Earth’s eastern horizon were in different constellations when you were born. This sign is just as important as your moon and sun signs.
Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac, and is an air sign. Those with an ascendant in Gemini are generally very good looking people. They are tons of fun to be around; they have a great sense of humor and a creative desire for adventure.
Mercury, the astrological planet that rules Gemini, is the planet of communication. Therefore, it is easy for a person with Gemini rising to get his or her point across. These people also tend to be quite chatty and seem to be poor listeners. On the contrary, they are very astute and aware of their surroundings. They are generally very intelligent with a lot of common sense. They have high energy and love to socialize, creating an appearance that can be, unintentionally, quite deceiving.
The Gemini Glyph
Famous People With Gemini Rising
- Ann Margaret, Sun in Taurus, Moon in Taurus
- Anthony Perkins, Sun in Aries, Moon in Pisces
- Drew Barrymore, Sun in Pisces, Moon in Cancer
- Gene Tierney, Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Pisces
- Gina Lollobrigida, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Virgo
- Neil Armstrong, Sun in Leo, Moon in Sagittarius
- Vivian Leigh, Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Aquarius
- Ginger Rogers, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Pisces
- David Charvet, Sun in Taurus, Moon in Gemini
- Sandra Bullock, Sun in Leo, Moon in Aquarius
- Greta Garbo, Sun in Virgo, Moon in Taurus
- Charlie Sheen, Sun in Virgo, Moon in Sagittarius
- Heather Graham, Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Libra
- Jon Benet Ramsey, Sun in Leo, Moon in Aquarius
- Julianne Moore, Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Gemini
- Patrick Duffy, Sun in Pisces, Moon in Scorpio
- Julie Newmar, Sun in Leo, Moon in Cancer
- Katie Lee Gifford, Sun in Leo, Moon in Scorpio
- Peter Fonda, Sun in Pisces, Moon in Aries
- Kathryn Grayson, Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Cancer
- Kristin Davis, Sun in Pisces, Moon in Sagittarius
- Peter Weller, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Virgo
- Loretta Young, Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Capricorn
- Michelle Phillips, Sun in Gemini, Moon in Scorpio
- Richard Dean Anderson, Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Aries
- Pamela Anderson, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aries
- Phyllis Diller, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Cancer
- Rita Hayworth, Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces
- Tony Blair, Sun in Taurus, Moon in Aquarius
- Romy Schneider, Sun in Libra, Moon in Libra
- Ann Miller, Sun in Aries, Moon in Scorpio
- Topher Grace, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Libra
- Sue Lyon, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Sagittarius
- Veronica Lake, Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Leo
- Virginia Woolf, Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Aries
More From Mmargie1966:
- How to Understand a Gemini Man in Love
How well do you know your Gemini man? Both of them?
- How to Understand a Gemini Woman
So which personality is your favorite that your lovely Gemini woman possesses? This gorgeous, youthful looking woman is quite chatty and lots of fun!
Your interest in my writing is tremendously flattering, and I absolutely appreciate it. I only hope the article was helpful, entertaining, and encouraging. Your opinion is always welcomed and appreciated, so please feel free to leave your opinion, a suggestion or comment, or share your own story in the comments section specified below.
Read More From Exemplore
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan
big boy on August 13, 2018:
yes I am scorpio sun with gemini rising and this is all very true
Ryan Main on August 19, 2017:
I appreciate the info.
Mmargie1966 (author) from Gainesville, GA on February 06, 2013:
Thank you, Marcy! I'm glad you are enjoying the hubs.
Marcy Goodfleisch from Planet Earth on February 05, 2013:
Rising signs are hard for many people to grasp! I have enjoyed learning about the theories and 'rules' of astrology; it just helps me understand things, even as a passing curiosity. Nice information here!