Everything You Need to Know About a Cancer Man
Your Cancerian Guy
A man born under the sun sign of Cancer is a very complex machine indeed. He has an intense love for the fine culinary arts, a hatred of instability, and the complete inability to be decisive. This makes him a wonder to behold for any partner lucky enough to be allowed into his inner world.
Cancer: Born June 21-July 22
The Personality Traits of a Cancer Man
Here are some of the more common traits seen in men with a Cancer sun sign:
- Nurturing - Cancer men are the "mothers" of the zodiac. They need both to be nurtured and to nurture others, which often causes a strong bond with their mothers, making them appear as stereotypical "mama's boys." This trait is also the reason most cancer men make great family men.
- Insecure - It is in the crab's nature to distrust just about anything and anyone. That is what helps him survive in life. The real question is not whether or not you man is insecure, it's how thick his shell is.
- Artistic - Oh boy! There are very few signs that are as artistically gifted as Cancer. He could be the greatest guitar guru, creative on canvas, or skilled with the skill saw. No matter what area he feels drawn to master, there will be no avoiding his artistic side. Not that it'll be a problem, as it just makes him sexier.
- Charming - From his dashing smile to his gorgeous eyes, you won't be able to pull yourself away from his charm. What's more is that he knows just how captivating he can be and will often use that to his advantage when he lures you in.
- Passionate - Cancer men are notorious for their passion, though it does vary depending on their mood and current obsession. He's got lots of energy to pursue whatever is currently on the to-do list, and If you're lucky, you might just be on that list.
- Indecisive - He wants strawberry. No, wait! Make that chocolate... or does he really want vanilla? Second thoughts will plague his decision-making, and if you can't stand a man who takes forever to make up his mind or who would rather leave most decisions to you, then this guy is probably not for you.
- Sensual - He has no problem being the ultimate seducer and the most physical sensualist you've ever experienced, when he wants to be....
- Moody - If you couldn't tell already, your Cancer man is a very moody being. His emotions can change quicker than a flash of lightening and back again before the thunder claps. One minute he's hiding in his shell, the next he's holding you close, and before you know it, he's got that pincer hooked into your soft spot, then he's back to crying in his shell again.
- Secretive - Cancer men have a hard time just spitting it out and telling you what's wrong because they never want to be the bad guy they've made themselves out to be in their own heads. Because of this, they also have a hard time admitting when they're done with the relationship, and they are often caught cheating because they didn't have the heart say it was over and they found someone else. Though on a good note, being so secretive is part of what keeps the mystery alive for most women involved with Cancer men. She can never be sure what he'll be up to next. He might just be hunting down the ultimate Valentine's day gift for her.
- Home and Family-Oriented - The way to his heart is through his stomach... or his family. He is a bit of a home-body and invests a lot of thought and energy on (and time in) his home environment. His relatives are very important to him, so make sure you don't ignore or insult them. Getting to know his family and friends is a great way to enter into the heart of his world.
Cancerian Man in Love and Relationships
This guy is all heart. He's like a big, sloppy, pulsing heart encased in a hard, protective shell. Although you might not be able to tell just by looking at him (he has an excellent poker face), he needs that tough exterior for protection. He leads with his heart, not his mind, and is therefore extremely affectionate, sensitive, thoughtful, intuitive, caring, and easily hurt. He is an expert in emotions—both his and yours— and makes an excellent life partner.
His sign is ruled by the Moon, and like the Moon, his emotions shift, change, ebb, and flow in cycles. One thing that doesn't change is his vulnerability: He wants your unwavering love and affection and doesn't like to share. If in doubt, he can be jealous and controlling. Some might even call him clingy, insecure, needy, moody, or boring. He's also a bit reclusive so if you prefer going out and socializing with a crowd, you should probably leave him at home.
A Person's Sun Sign Isn't Everything
You will have a lot more luck learning about your man by also looking up his moon and rising signs.
Signs That Are Most Compatible With the Cancer Man
Cancer is a water sign and ruled over by the Moon. Your Cancer man is going to be most compatible with earth signs or other water signs, though it's not unheard of for there to be epic romances between a Cancer man and a woman of air or fire nature.
Instead of listing every sign's compatibility with a Cancer man, I'm going to list the most compatible sun signs. If you're sun sign isn't on this list, don't fret— it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't compatible, it simply means it's time to compare your and your beloved's Moon signs and see what's going on there.
Cancer Man and Taurus Woman
When Venus and the Moon coincide, the sparks will fly, and it is obviously so between the Cancer man and Taurus woman. These are two passionate creatures who love the luxuries life has to offer, which gives them much in common (though the male crab must be mindful that even in play, the female bull can be brutal, and he shouldn't take things too personally). Miss Bighorn must remember not to crush that crab shell when he goes into hiding, as it is the only thing that makes him feel safe, and taking it away will only send him in search of safer waters and another shell.
Cancer Man and Scorpio Woman
Cancer men and Scorpio women just seem to 'click'. Their watery ways twist and bubble like the intricate swirls in a babbling brook. He is interested in her spontaneous ways, while she is enticed by his sensual charm. These two are highly likely to have a very passionate physical relationship, though it will take a lot of work for their physical togetherness to become more.
Cancer Man and Pisces Woman
This is a delicate relationship, but that's part of what makes it so wonderful. These two water signs come together emotionally, like crashing waves, for a deep, churning, tumbling kind of union. They also come together creatively and have compatible imaginations. He will be slightly more practical than she is, and she will be his rock in stormy weather.
Cancer Man and Virgo Woman
These two are a mellow when they aren't wallowing in their woes together (although even doing that can be rather enchanting). These two are comfortable just snuggling on the couch for eternity.
Cancer Man and Capricorn Woman
Cancer and Capricorn are polar opposites and because of this, the synergy between them is captivating. He'll be enchanted by the Capricorn woman and all her might, and she'll feel like the only time she can relax is in his presence. He needs LOTS of reassurance to feed his insecurity and the Capricorn woman is just the one to provide that to him. She needs a man who will love her for who she is and keep up with her everlasting energy, and he is just the guy to fan the flames.
Cancer Is a Water Sign
Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio are the water signs of the zodiac. Like water, they are very fluid: Emotions shift, moods turn, and decisions waver.
How Do You Know a Cancer Man Likes You?
- If he wines and dines you, then he's probably smitten. Cancer signs are notoriously the foodies of the zodiac, so if he's in love, he'll want to share his love of food with you.
- If he invites you over to his place and cooks for you, then he's definitely interested. His home is his castle. Add that to his love of food and you know he's sharing his most intimate self with you.
- If he wants to be intimate with you. For him, a relationship is rarely just physical. He isn't interested in a one night stand. So if he's pursuing you sexually, that's a sign he's truly into you.
- If he brings you home to meet the family. If you get to meet his mom, then you know he's serious.
- If he tells you about his feelings. In my experience, Cancer men are able to keep their deepest sides to themselves. They keep a tight rein on those deeper emotions, but if he doesn't clam up, if he lets you see inside his shell, even just a peek, he's definitely interested.
- If he's demonstrative. These guys are notoriously private. If he doesn't tell you how he feels, them watch what he's saying with his actions. When he's in love, he will do little things like fixing little things for you or buying you little gifts here and there.
He Understands Women
A Cancer man not only understands how you think and feel, but thinks and feels the same way. You could even say that he is fluent in female. He understands your emotions, respects your healing process, and takes your moods seriously.
Turn-Ons: What Does a Cancer Man Want?
- To be listened to
- A safe, clean, comfortable, and uncluttered home
- To be wanted, needed, and appreciated
- A woman who can take the reins
- Harmony, unity, friendship, and trust
- Moonlit walks followed by sex on the beach
- A hot meal— just about any kind will do, and the meal will be especially pleasing for him if you prepared it yourself
- Tenderness and reassurance
Turn-Offs: What Sends Him Away?
- Being in crowds
- Feeling smothered
- Inhospitality, disorganization, and lousy food
- Not being appreciated; criticism
- Being bossed around
- Seeing you flirt with others
- Hearing about your past relationships
- Being ridiculed, lied to, toyed with, or teased
- Infidelity (this is nobody's turn-on, but it's especially repellant to him)
Famous Cancer Men