The Astrological Eighth House Cusp or "Death House"
Death, especially when it pertains to astrology, is a very sticky and uncomfortable subject. No one wants to think of it, no one wants to talk about it, and no one wants to even acknowledge it half of the time. But that doesn't mean that it's not an extremely important aspect of life itself (or that it won't happen to each of us eventually).
I believe that many of us could benefit from a little more introspection and going face-to-face with our fear of death. Astrology is a wonderful tool that helps shed light on this taboo subject, while offering a sound comfort to us at the same time.
The 8th house is thought of as the house of death in astrology. It traditionally governs and relates to other things as well; such as inheritance, sex, personal transformation and debt. But overall, the 8th house shows a key to our deaths in this lifetime and any surrounding issues that will be related to it.
Look into your chart and find which sign your 8th House Cusp is ruled by. In order to prolong your life, take extra caution in the matters related to your 8th house cusp sign.
When your 8th house cusp is in:
- Aries: It typically shows a death which will be related to fires, anger, speedy impulse (as in driving too fast or acting without thinking), blood illnesses/loss of blood, fights or disputes with other people which you may lose. Be extra careful in these areas. If you are anemic or have any other blood ailments or illnesses, pay extra attention to your health.
- Taurus: Since Taurus is ruled by Venus, this usually shows a very peaceful passing; a bitter-sweet death. Could be related to your throat or neck, over-eating, diabetes, or some "earthy" way.. natural disasters, etc. These natives are usually quite old when they pass. These natives usually leave a legacy and their deaths make history.
- Gemini: The highest majority of time, these people pass by respiratory complications. Pneumonia, asphyxiation, blockage in the airways, lung disease, smoking, emphysema, lack of breath. Be extra careful looking after your lungs and breathing. Quit smoking if you are a smoker!
- Cancer: At home. These natives typically pass at home, surrounded by loved ones, or even at the very same time as their parents or other family members. Could also be related to accidents in the home, food (obesity), breast illness or cancer, stomach issues. Take extra care of your breasts/stomach areas. Regular breast exams are encouraged, even for men.
- Leo: Most often a Leo 8th House's death is related to the heart. Heart troubles, heart attacks are highlighted. Or by overestimating yourself (as in a fight or other risky venture). It could also be related to very grand, dramatic deaths; such as on TV, in front of a crowd/audience, or an otherwise bold way. Keep your heart in the best shape possible. Eat well, stay focused on getting cardiovascular exercise as often as possible.
- Virgo: Is usually related to health issues, intestinal problems or illnesses, germs or contagious illnesses. Stay on top of your health! Develop great hygiene, visit your doctors often and protect yourself from nervous tension that may cause intestinal or stomach upsets. Be careful of medicines.
- Libra: Often related to diabetes or sweets. Death, for these natives, will most likely be very peaceful, beautiful and even artistic. In sleep, at the same time as your spouse, or another easy, loving way are emphasized. Smooth death which will come at a time when you are totally at peace.
- Scorpio: Mysterious deaths, sexual deaths, possibly related to STD's. Hidden and quite often, these natives pass alone -- or very rarely, at the hand of someone else. Possibly in war, or somehow during a sexual experience. It is usually quite intense and spiritually enlightening. Be extra careful in matters of sex. Get regular checkups of your reproductive organs. Protect yourself from sexual illnesses, STD's and refrain from provoking others.
- Sagittarius: In a far away land, or while traveling. These natives typically do not pass away near their homes. They are very likely to grow old, and only pass away when their bodies are too tired to carry on. Probably while on a trip, while travelling or overseas; could be related to foreigners, and also related to growths (such as tumors or even obesity). Since Sagittarius is also linked to sports; you should be careful of playing sports and sport-related injuries. Usually these natives will have a carefree death that is quite easy. On a physical front, protect yourself from growths by dealing with stress and emotions quickly so that they do not build up. Be extra careful while traveling, driving, and the like.
- Capricorn: Very often lives to see 80, 90 or even an older age! These people have the ability to live the very longest lives, if they take good care of themselves and keep working. Their bodies typically begin to go downhill after retirement, so the key to an exceptionally long life is to keep on working; if not in a career, find other fulfilling "work" to keep yourself busy well into old age (hobbies, volunteer work, being a caretaker for others, etc). Be careful of your knees, teeth and work-related stresses.
- Aquarius: Unexpected, quick and usually painless. People with this placement typically pass very unexpectedly, tending to shock everyone around them. Bizarre accidents, or even related to their friends; possibly at the same time as some of their friends, while with a friend, etc. Stay aware of your surroundings and strive to not act in too must haste.
- Pisces: Pisces 8th houses are usually the ones you find passing in their sleep. Watery-related deaths, drugs, alcohol, suicides, or fluid buildup somewhere in the body are all related to Pisces 8th House cusps. Death is usually an extremely spiritual happening to you; very peaceful, dreamy and even beautiful. Could also be related to sacrificing your life to protect another. Be careful around water and refrain from drugs and alcohol. Easy, spiritual death.
If you have any planets inside your 8th house, they can also be interpreted to show the surrounding issues related to your death in this lifetime. Aspects to your planets within your 8th house and aspects to your 8th house ruler will also come into effect and slightly change the circumstances involved. Planets will be explored in part 2 of this series, and aspects will be explored in part 3.
Do you believe in astrology?
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.