Astrological Personality Traits and Relationships of the Aries (March 21-April 19)
Aries Are Full of Energy: An Overview
Aries are full of energy—much like the spring season that they're born in. Ever the vibrant and exciting person to be around, you won't find the Aries to be dull or boring. Aries can also be very intense and serious when a subject “speaks” to them. When they're drawn into a subject that catches their concentration, you are likely to be unable to pull them away until they have answered all their own questions. Their deep and analytical mind keeps themselves busy and preoccupied for hours. Once they are through with what caught their attention, they will welcome the opportunity to tell you all about it.
Here's what else you'll learn about an Aries in this article:
- The Aries symbol
- The Aries personality
- The Aries glyph
- Aries relationships (romantic or professional/business) with other astrological signs
- Possible Aries shortcomings
The Aries Ram Symbol
The Aries symbol is the ram—this is fitting for the Aries since the ram is powerful and will climb to the highest peaks to see what life has to offer. A ram rarely turns down a challenge—similar to an Aries who has difficulty turning down challenges, as the desire to go forward and conquer is very strong.
The Aries Symbol Is a Ram
The Aries Personality
The Aries personality is a very strong one. However, this same strength can also lead to inner self-esteem issues. The Aries strives so hard to succeed that any failure may project as much more than it really is. The Aries is complemented well by someone who can balance their self-esteem. This person can be a best friend, business or romantic partner.
The Aries Glyph: Mars
The glyph for Aries is Mars—a circle with an arrow pointing up, showing the direction the Aries prefers to go. The enthusiasm is contagious from an Aries, and a non-Aries may find themselves getting caught up in the excitement and take on challenges that they wouldn't have otherwise.
Aries Relationships: Romantic or Business
- Aries. An Aries with another Aries is a good match because of the deep understanding and bond that can form with like signs. In a romantic relationship, this may work very well if each partner can relax just a bit from time to time.
- Taurus. The Taurus and Aries may be a bit of a mismatch. The Taurus may be a bit too slow to react to the Aries' enthusiasm. However, with care, a relationship can work out—both in a romantic and professional setting.
- Gemini. Gemini is a very good match for the Aries, as the energy shared between the two is strong, yet variable. There will never be a dull moment when Gemini and Aries get together.
- Cancer. A Cancer personality may be a bit too meek for the vibrant Aries. The energy of an Aries can drain the gentle, quiet Cancer. Cancer will pale in comparison to the energy of the Aries, and may feel dejected or hurt. This relationship would take a lot of patience and work to succeed.
- Leo. Leo and Aries are a perfect match. If you have a Leo in your life, and you are an Aries, you may have found your soulmate. Stick with this person and make it work.
- Virgo. The Virgo has a very different energy than an Aries, but a relationship can work if the dedication is there. The Virgo may see more flaws than you feel that you have, but their intent is not to hurt you. A Virgo likes to try to help. A Virgo may also begin to feel inferior to the Aries. But, with work and compassion on both sides, a relationship can shine.
- Libra. A Libra, being six months opposite from the Aries, may conjure up the phrase “opposites attract." This is especially because the Libra is quiet and gentle, reserved with feelings and emotions, but all the while still very much an exciting person. The Libra personality can bring out things in the Aries that they didn't know existed. An Aries will feel a level of excitement never felt with any other astrological sign. Libra is also known for being the sign of marriage, and if you are in a romantic relationship with a Libra, you may find yourself making that commitment.
- Scorpio. Scorpio and Aries make for a very intense relationship, whether this is romantically or in the workplace. Scorpio is a very intense sign, with an intense personality to go with it. An Aries may feel intimidated or threatened by the intensity of the Scorpio, and vice versa. The Scorpio may feel that the Aries is a threat in some way to them. This threat pertains mostly to romantic relationships, and is emotional rather than physical. Both personalities are intense, always the go-getter, never stopping until they have succeeded. This can cause the Aries to lock horns with the stinger of the Scorpio.
- Sagittarius. A Sagittarius is as adventurous as the Aries. The two, when combined, make a delightful, unstoppable force. Nothing can prevent this delightful combination from succeeding. In the business world, this is a very good match. In the bedroom, even better. Both with delight the other with intellect and curiosity; challenging one another constantly with new adventures and ideas.
- Capricorn. As the organized one, the Capricorn will often make the Aries feel a bit stifled. Aries are not ones to be organized, unlike the Capricorn who likes to know where everything is and how it works together. In a business partnership, this can work well because the Capricorn can organize the brainstorming of the Aries and still manage to do their own brainstorming. Capricorns are also known for intelligence and may add a certain challenge in the workplace that the Aries will enjoy. Romantically though, this could be a hard relationship to maintain.
- Aquarius. The Aquarius is known for his or hers strange wit and intelligence, both of which are appealing to the Aries. Aquarius is a wind element, while Aries is fire element. Wind feeds fire, so this is a good match. Although some of the Aquarius sense of humor may be lost on the Aries, eventually both will click together like a fine tuned watch. Aquarius loves to point out the flaws of society and mankind, but this ignites the fire in Aries as this presents a challenge—something to conquer. A pairing like this can be dynamic.
- Pisces. The Pisces is the gentlest of the signs. Pisces want the world to be a happy place, and try hard to please. As an Aries, you may feel anger toward the world at how the gentle Pisces is treated. This can be seen as a challenge to you—to save the gentle fish. Try not to take over the life of the Pisces in your own life. Be gentle with them, and you'll receive great love and commitment in return. Pisces can give it all; make your world a better place. Although this can be a challenging match both in the business or romantic setting, it is only because of the gentle, quiet spirit against the vibrant and energetic Aries. This relationship is worth the work.
The Zodiac Wheel
Aries Enthusiasm and a Possible Downfall
No matter what relationship you are in, Aries, business or personal, you shine. You are the star. Your enthusiasm will take you as far as you want to go. Our biggest downfall may be that same enthusiasm when dealing with a quieter person. So, on that note and in closing—be careful not to step on those who are not as outgoing as you are.
© 2013 Cynthianne Neighbors