Aries Astrology Sign Information – Careers, Personality, Compatibility, More.
A Historical and Present Day Reference Guide
Includes year 2017 astrological, astronomy, and other relevant calendar events.
Aries Is Ruled by Mars
This is the true, original analysis of astrology as pertains to Aries by Professor Fredrick White as written in “A Guide to Astrology”, published in 1901-1904. In other words, here is your information from the source; without the 100+ years of modern interpretation and commercial modification by others.
The 100+ year-old manuscript has been cleaned up and somewhat paraphrased for ease of Third Millennium reading. However, as promised, an image of the original, unaltered manuscript is also included. Ctrl+/- will adjust the size. For historical perspective and additional nuances it is well worth the read.
Information for this article was compiled from United States (U.S.) government archives.
There is a short metaphysics experiment at the end.
Aries is a fiery, masculine, movable, equinoctial sign. This sign is ruled by Mars (the God of War). The Sun enters Aries on March 21st and passes into Taurus on April 22nd.
The Aries personality and traits include persistent and determination; can be very quick tempered, independent, and prefer leading rather than following; naturally dislikes subservience and prefers being their own boss.
This sign admires scientific thought or philosophy. Aries have the desire to excel in whatever engages their attention. This sign is also defined as being fearless, ambitious, and not discouraged easily.
Another personality trait is although quick in temper and quick to resent abuse, they are forgiving and do not hold a grudge long.
Harmony and Compatibility
Compatibility. Aries harmonize best with Leo or Sagittarius, and fairly well with Gemini or Aquarius.
Health and Willpower
Aries have excellent vitality and good health. They strongly resist sickness and recover quickly. This personality has strong will-power and can influence others.
Best Career Paths and Jobs
Aries appears to be the only sign fraught with ambiguities as to best jobs and careers, here's what is stated:
- Aries succeed best in vocations requiring quick, active temperament. They prefer professions requiring manual dexterity. Analysis is very dependent upon the hour of birth. Certain planet configurations can also negate the generalities indicated by the position of the Sun.
Best Places to Live
Aries succeed best and enjoy life more in big cities and metropolitan areas. They tend to be more prosperous if they live in a corner house.
Gemstones and Birthstones
The ruling gems for Aries are the Ruby and Sardonyx.
The Original Manuscript
Astrological, Astronomy, and Other 2017 Calendar Events.
Solar System Symbols ~ Used in both Astronomy and Astrology
Previous months' data and additional information are available at SkyCal. All event times are given for UTC+0:00: Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) without Daylight Saving Time (DST) on for part of the year.
01 Mo Venus: 39.9° W
02 Tu 18:23 Moon-Beehive: 3.7° N
03 We 02:47 First Quarter
04 Th 09:49 Moon-Regulus: 0.6° N
04 Th 10:42 Moon Ascending Node
05 Fr 00:54 Eta Aquarid Shower: ZHR = 60
05 Fr 13:51 Mars-Aldebaran: 6.2° N
07 Su 21:24 Moon-Jupiter: 2.3° S
10 We 21:43 Full Moon
12 Fr 19:51 Moon Apogee: 406200 km
13 Sa 23:07 Moon-Saturn: 3.4° S
14 Su 20:29 Moon South Dec.: 19.3° S
17 We 22:59 Mercury Elongation: 25.8° W
19 Fr 00:33 Last Quarter
19 Fr 01:30 Moon Descending Node
22 Mo 12:32 Moon-Venus: 2.4° N
24 We 01:20 Moon-Mercury: 1.6° N
25 Th 19:44 New Moon
26 Fr 01:23 Moon Perigee: 357200 km
27 Sa 23:36 Moon North Dec.: 19.4° N
30 Tu 01:50 Moon-Beehive: 3.4° N
31 We 11:56 Moon Ascending Node
31 We 16:08 Moon-Regulus: 0.3° N
01 Th Venus: 45.8° W
01 Th 12:42 First Quarter
03 Sa 10:59 Venus Elongation: 45.9° W
03 Sa 23:57 Moon-Jupiter: 2.5° S
07 We 03:19 Mercury-Pleiades: 5.5° S
08 Th 22:21 Moon Apogee: 406400 km
09 Fr 13:10 Full Moon
10 Sa 01:25 Moon-Saturn: 3.4° S
11 Su 03:36 Moon South Dec.: 19.4° S
15 Th 02:40 Moon Descending Node
15 Th 09:15Saturn Opposition
17 Sa 11:33 Last Quarter
20 Tu 21:13 Moon-Venus: 2.4° N
* 21 We 04:25 Summer Solstice *
21 We 13:55 Mercury Superior Conj.
22 Th 14:23 Moon-Aldebaran: 0.5° S
23 Fr 10:49 Moon Perigee: 357900 km
24 Sa 02:31 New Moon
24 Sa 11:12 Moon North Dec.: 19.4° N
26 Mo 11:18 Moon-Beehive: 3.2° N
27 Tu 16:26 Moon Ascending Node
28 We 00:26 Moon-Regulus: 0.1° N
- Object-Other: Object occults Other.
- Occults: Passes in front of.
- Earth Aphelion: Earth farthest from the Sun.
- Earth Perihelion: Earth closest to the Sun.
- Moon Apogee: Moon farthest from Earth.
- Moon Perigee: Moon closest to Earth.
- Moon Ascending and Descending Nodes: The moon's orbit passes from south of the ecliptic to north of the ecliptic (ascending) or from north of the ecliptic to south of the ecliptic (descending).
- Ecliptic: The Earth-Sun plane.
- Conjunction: Earth is in a direct line between Sun and outer planet.
- Superior Conjunction:Sun is in a direct line between Earth and Inner Planet
- Inferior Conjunction: Both planets in a direct line on same side of Sun.
- Opposition: Sun and planet on opposite sides of the sky.
- Elongation: Greatest angle from Sun-Earth plane.
Depending on your location, your results may vary. Astronomical data source: Fred Espenak and Sumit Dutta (NASA's GSFC).
Succeeding months posted as or before they become due.